Anyone Ever Return A Car to Stock and Remod?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am giving serious thought to returning my Mach 1 to as stock as possible and starting the mod process over again. I want to collect real world data as to what mods truly make a difference at the track. The plan would be to collect all the data which means a lot of dyno pulls, track runs, and trips to the scales.

Getting a stock catback will be next to impossible. And I am also thinking of getting an Aviator engine since the current engine is modified.

I know everyone probably thinks I am bat shit ****ing crazy and I am ok with that. It is just something I feel like I want to do and I feel it would be fun along the way.

So, any of you ever return a car to stock to start from scratch?

It takes a buttload of lube to do anal.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
My two cents - the it seems the power gains and such for a lot of these mods are pretty well documented. As far as track times if you’re not running an auto it’s also hard to be consistent enough to get repeatable results

Unless you can make a decent chunk off the YouTube hits hard for me to see it being worth the time and expense

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
That seems like a waste of money. I would just keep your car as-is and use the current set up as a baseline.

I run my GT on the road course and I use vbox data to validate if any mods/suspension set up changes made any difference. It might be worthwhile for you to get data directly from the CAN bus system on your car to get reliable data for other parameters. Of course the basis for this is consistent driving.

Last edited:

openaccount

Established Member
Plenty of guys out there who pour time and money into building cars and then sell them and start a new project. Not quite the same but close enough. It's all a waste of a time and money, but that's what hobbies are. If it makes you happy then do it.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
It's sounds like you're bored. Imo I would find something better to do to utilize your skills, built motor, TT setup, Coyote swap, etc.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
It's sounds like you're bored. Imo I would find something better to do to utilize your skills, built motor, TT setup, Coyote swap, etc.

Not bored, lol. And it is funny you mention Coyote swap. I asked my wife if she wanted the convertible if I did a Coyote with 6R80 swap in it.

It takes a buttload of lube to do anal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it makes sense to you, it doesn't really matter what any of us thinks it doesn't make sense. Think it through carefully (if necessary, make a list of pros and a list of cons), and if you're still wanting to pursue your new goal, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread