Anyone else starting to dislike the holidays?

6.0GTO

Established Member
Does really depend on the whole situation. Some are good and some are bad. I quite doing Holiday get togethers starting at 14. It always starts out fine then ends with flying glassware. My mom can clear a room after a 12-pack like no one's business.

ModularFan

Established Member
Yea I agree, its been a shitty year that's for sure, lost my dad five months ago, plus my parents have been divorced for 2-3 years, so yea the holidays are extremely different and difficult now or days, that I really could careless for them.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
nope, everyone except my direct family lives a state away, so i enjoy going over there and seeing everyone. just like everyone's family, there are a few people that i really don't care about seeing, but generally speaking it's a good time. especially if i get a small amount of alcohol in me
99b63208_htf_imgcache_4227.gif

Damn,
I still have a blast. Maybe I am a big kid at heart and enjoy making family, friends, and acquaintances happy.

Sorry it has gotten bitter and stale for you. Perhaps you should start drinking?
holy shit dale, i just KNEW you were the modern day scrooge:D

Last edited:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
No way this is the best time of the year. I love all these holidays. If you have the right perspective about what this time of year should be about then this is the best time of the year. There's nothing like being a giver to people during this time. Sorry to hear about all the troubles people are facing in this thread but we all have challenges and in some cases, what appears to be unsurmountable odds. Sometimes you just have to adjust your attitude and believe things will get better and they will. If you want to see those good days on the outside, you need to get that vision inside yourself first. See yourself healthy and strong on the inside. See yourself having your best days ahead of you. The imagination is very powerful and your circumstances are all subject to change. Always remember that what you are going through, someone has gone through as well on this planet.

+1

Never underestimate the power of just making the best of whatever situation you're in. We all struggle with things.

It's no surprise suicide rates are up this time of year. :nonono:

I responded to one the night before Thanksgiving..19 year old kid called into the PD and said the back door would be open and asked us to come get him. He said he would be dead before we got there. He wasn't joking.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
It's my favorite time of year and always has been. I just enjoy seeing some of the family that I don't get to see all that often, we BS and eat good food. My family always does a lot of decorating and different fanfare for the children to make it a magical time of year. It's a lot of fun. It'll only be what you make of it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The holidays are what we make them to be. My wife and I hold onto the real meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Unfortunately Christmas has been commercialized to the point where Christ has literally been removed. It's now more about decorations, holiday parties, and gifts. Our lives and what we do with them teach the next generation. For my wife and I, Thanksgiving will always be a time of giving thanks, and Christmas will always be a time of sharing the joy, love and hope that Christ brought through His birth, life and resurrection. It's been a tough year for us in some painful ways, but our faith carries us on. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we will have a wonderful Christmas. I pray that this holiday season is special and meaningful to you all.

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
The holidays are what we make them to be. My wife and I hold onto the real meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Unfortunately Christmas has been commercialized to the point where Christ has literally been removed. It's now more about decorations, holiday parties, and gifts. Our lives and what we do with them teach the next generation. For my wife and I, Thanksgiving will always be a time of giving thanks, and Christmas will always be a time of sharing the joy, love and hope that Christ brought through His birth, life and resurrection. It's been a tough year for us in some painful ways, but our faith carries us on. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we will have a wonderful Christmas. I pray that this holiday season is special and meaningful to you all.

Very well said!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
holy shit dale, i just KNEW you were the modern day scrooge:D

Oh yeah, Uhm BAH Humbug! Screw Christmas and all its sensational capitalistic tendencies and people ignoring Hanukkah and the other lesser religions. LOL!:beer:

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
Oh yeah, Uhm BAH Humbug! Screw Christmas and all its sensational capitalistic tendencies and people ignoring Hanukkah and the other lesser religions. LOL!:beer:

Do us all a favor and play in oncoming traffic. You are the most negative person on this board. Like you really care about Hanukkah or any religion for that matter. Get a life...

alex3610

Established Member
I'm over the holidays. All it adds up to is stress. Different family members in different states always want you at their holiday even, pissing off the other ones. Couple that with my girlfriend, who simultaneously complains that we don't spend enough holidays with her family yet she doesn't get to see enough of mine. Thanksgiving weekend traffic on 95 in VA? FML. Christmas? Another one that I can't win. I tell people not to buy me anything. They do anyway, now I am obligated to buy them crap. I'm broke so this doesn't go well. If you don't get them anything, then you're an asshole. Black friday, people getting pepper sprayed at walmart, camping at best buy, eff that. Like someone said above, fighting with other guys at work over time off on the holidays is annoying. Although lately I kind of like working the holidays, we generally don't do much all day and just lay around. Now when I'm off on a holiday I find myself bored because stores and restaurants are all closed. For the record, I was at my cousins for thanksgiving, they didn't even turn the tv on all day, and they had a whopping 4 beers in the fridge for 20 people. At least my sister had some airplane bottles of vodka in her purse.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I dont really care for the big Hype of christmas and thanksgiving....Ill eat turkey but its not #1 on my list....but I do like seeing my lilttle 7 year old sister excited over christmas and thanksgiving. So I dont mind this time of year. I dont see my cousins and aunts,uncles all that often so its nice seeing them once in a while. Im just glad everyone in my family is healthy I could give thanks for that

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
:lol:now THERE is the dale i was expecting!

Do us all a favor and play in oncoming traffic. You are the most negative person on this board. Like you really care about Hanukkah or any religion for that matter. Get a life...

are you kidding me? are you seriously ****ing kidding me right now? try reading the thread, oh great warrior of positivity:rollseyes

RCM90

Established Member
The holidays are always more work and usually lead to stress and sometime arguments/fights.. whatever. But like CobraBob said.. they are what you make them. I use to not really care for the holidays that much... until I was stuck in a shithole away from family and friends and that made me appreciate what I have.

So, even if you think it sucks at times, be thankful for what you do have.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Holidays are for the children!
I personally live through the children on Xmas day seeing their faces light up opening gifts!

This....my 1st daughter is almost 3 years old ,2nd daughter is 8 months right now. Should be real fun watching them open gifts. Ive taken my 1st to see all the lights ,now she is so excited when I went to nome depot and she was looking at all the fake trees and blow up santas.

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
I don't like what people have turned it into. It's the commercialization of the holidays that make them unattractive. Stores putting out Christmas stuff before Halloween is ludicrous. This 'Black Friday' and 'Cyber Monday' crap is ridiculous. Pepper spraying fellow shoppers, trampling employees of stores, physical altercations, etc., because they put getting a gift for someone (or their kids) over human decency. I could understand if these were the actions of children, but these people are adults, way to be a positive role model. Some people don't know how/when to draw the line. I love my kids, but going through all of that nonsense for a certain gift just isn't going to happen.

oldmodman

Established Member
No living relatives makes the Holidays really easy.

I don't buy anything for anyone and they know not to buy anything for me.

On Christmas day we all gather at my house since I have the biggest backyard and have a BBQ. Biggest steaks I can find, locally brewed beer, Champagne, and a Costco pumpkin pie. Plus whatever anyone wants to bring (foodwise).

I can't imagine going out into Los Angeles traffic to try and buy gifts.

Users who are viewing this thread