anyone else see this new intake?

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I've been waiting on that manifold for a long time. $1,799 though...ouch.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Great guys Dwayne and Keith are, i saw the proto type in person on the dyno the day they tuned my car... they tune well and trust me when i say that intake is worth it for you guys

Last edited:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
That's not a problem for me. The old p.o.s. Aviator manifold already forced me to buy a 4" cowl hood.

I wouldn't consider a manifold like that until I had the cams and bottom end to take full advantage of it. Plus, at the moment I'm still extremely happy with my ported Mach manifold and 7/8" spacer. When it's time for some engine work, that Logan manifold might get very attractive. I bet it would work pretty well with some HiTech Stage 2-3 cams. :)

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
as someone pointed out, its not worth it to many (including me) to spend the money on the intake, then a hood, then painting said hood, and even then i can't pass smog with it

I'll just send my stocker to Naz when i've got the funds and call it a day :) In fact, i'd be interested to see the gains claimed on that vs. Naz's ported bad boy; the stock 99/01 cobra (save for the non-fixed ones) is actually pretty good, and i definately would not want to give up anymore low/mid-range for more top-end.

Eric

Eric

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I'll just send my stocker to Naz when i've got the funds and call it a day :) In fact, i'd be interested to see the gains claimed on that vs. Naz's ported bad boy; the stock 99/01 cobra (save for the non-fixed ones) is actually pretty good, and i definately would not want to give up anymore low/mid-range for more top-end.

They are claiming a torque peak of 5,000 rpm (the same as the stock intake) and a HP peak at 6800-6900 rpm, or about 600-700 higher than the stock intake, ported or not. This intake will shine with some cams.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
oh it will definately rock (especially with some more radical grinds), i'm just saying for those of us that DD our cars, it wouldn't really be ideal because while the TQ might peak at 5000 just like now, I guarantee the curve is much more... well, curvy than the stocker

Eric

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
elyrain - where you at in Oceanside, I live in Vista off Sycamore and work at the local Washington Mutual, you get together with a couple other stang people?

Eric

elyrain

Established Member
elyrain - where you at in Oceanside, I live in Vista off Sycamore and work at the local Washington Mutual, you get together with a couple other stang people?

Eric

I used to a while back but I'm 31 now and I can't take the young kids that frequent the clubs now a days, lol. I'm down for whatever now though, now that I'm laid off with all this time on my hands....
I live off mesa, between el camino real and college.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Damn seems like a good intake option and of course I would've had to of just bought the FR500 intake a few months ago.

elyrain

Established Member
I think the fr500 is the best intake so far for n/a. I'm just trying not to spend 3000 on an intake, lol.

While a ported stock intake is nice, they are still very limited.

01 Venom

Established Member
I dont know, I would like to see some dyno #s, I am not convinced thats a good buy for a small cube NA motor. I would suspect you would loose even more low end torq with those long runners.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Is it similar in appearance to the 2000R intake? Should be a screamer up top.

It really doesn't look anything like an 00 "R" lower.
Here is a pic of an Aussie Boss 290 lower (left) next to an 00"R" lower.
I think Logan could have designed the new sheetmetal lower
more along these lines, and saved the cost of a new hood.

IMG_0973.gif

I dont know, I would like to see some dyno #s, I am not convinced thats a good buy for a small cube NA motor. I would suspect you would loose even more low end torq with those long runners.

Normally, longer runners enhance torque, short runners enhance high rpm power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread