anyone else order a black 2003 cobra?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Well I think I'm going to have to change my login name because just last week I GOT MY VIN#!!! My salesman called and said, "This is your future calling ... consisting of a black 2003 Cobra coupe!" I'm chassis number 1140 and I have an ETA of 6/8. But with the delay now, it'll most likely not be till mid June unless somehow they're able to make up for it. (See thread here about the delay). I'm as anxious to get my car as anyone, but I just assume they fix any "quality issues" before shipping it! :rolling:

Rob03

Established Member
They haven't stopped building...they just are not shipping yet...they want to make sure everything is correct first...then they will ship all of the ones they have built at the same time...

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Last edited:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by blk01conv
I have a black 03 convert on order and was given my vin and a proposed delivery date of 5-27. We'll see!:gt:

You'll have to let us know if it comes in that week. BTW, I see you're from Long Island so my guess would be you ordered yours from McCarville Ford? Don't know if you've dealt with them before, but it's a great place and Jim is a straight shooter. I've got a black coupe on order there w/ ETA of 6/8. Hope QC gives them the thumbs up and we get them soon! :burnout:

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by Black2001Cobra

You'll have to let us know if it comes in that week. BTW, I see you're from Long Island so my guess would be you ordered yours from McCarville Ford? Don't know if you've dealt with them before, but it's a great place and Jim is a straight shooter. I've got a black coupe on order there w/ ETA of 6/8. Hope QC gives them the thumbs up and we get them soon! :burnout:

Hi, yup it's McCarville. I've gotten some help from Jim even though Brian is my salesman. It's a good dealership. Problems with my 01 Conv. led me to replacing it with the 03. Brian checked for me today and my car is still listed with a proposed delivery date of 5-27. We'll see. I've had my vin for two weeks. Last year I was able to use the tracking system every day and watch the progress. This year I call McCarville every other day for updates. ANXIOUS!! Good luck and I'll keep you posted. Charlie

hantzis

Established Member
I ordered a 03 black coupe.
Build date - week of 5/6
Build #352

For all of you that ordered your Cobras as early as Feb. If you have a high build #, this is because your dealership didn't place the order the day Ford accepted the 1st orders on the 03 Cobra. I just happened to visit the dealership the 1st day Ford took orders from SVT dealerships and received build #352.

Berad001

Banned
I ordered a black vert, and I do have the vin. I dont have it on me, but I do in-fact have a vin on a black cobra vert:-D

Mowgli

Established Member
Got my VIN on Monday.

Black coupe w/ graphite inserts. Build date 6/24/02.
:D

92LX5.0

Established Member
I ordered a black coupe also. I got nah in man. I think the dirty lil bastard disnt even order me a car :bash: :cuss: :punch: :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread