anyone else order a black 2003 cobra?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I'm looking for any other people that ordered a Black 2003 Cobra. I still haven't gotten my build date or VIN and was wondering if any other people with Black Cobras have gotten this info yet. I ordered a coupe on 2/8/02.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I ordered a black coupe the end of Feb. No VIN or build date yet. Dealer did give me an estimated build date of end of May. I think he said 5/20 or 5/27. But from what I've been reading, the color doesn't matter, if that's what you're getting at. Hope we hear soon!!

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
You dirty bastard. :) what color interior do you have? I hope my dealer cancelled my chrome wheels for sure. I'll have a little hissy fit if it comes in august.

I haven't gotten a VIN # for my Blk/Blk/nochrome coupe either.

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by CatchMeCopper
You dirty bastard. :) what color interior do you have? I hope my dealer cancelled my chrome wheels for sure. I'll have a little hissy fit if it comes in august.

I haven't gotten a VIN # for my Blk/Blk/nochrome coupe either.

Same here..no info on my Zinc Yellow Coupe with polished wheels...

Let me tell you what I did. I emailed Bill Ford. This is no lie. I never expected a reply and of course I never got one from him, however I did get a reply from SVT asking me what they could do to help me with my order. I told them all of my problems and they promised to look into it. After all is said and done he talked to my dealer and my salesperson faxed me a copy of my DORA. I asked him since my dealer messed around with me if he couldn't help me out in the queue..(lol...fat chance). He said he didn't carry enough weight to do that but said to check my order out on Wednesday, as that is the day new info will be published...

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
Woo hoo! Nice!! When do you think all the build dates will be announced by? Is it safe to say that if my build date is not in by June 10th or so then its time to buy a 01 SS (a nice little H/C and a pro charger... :) )

Last edited:

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
hahahhha.. yea i know right. i'll stay stang tho. All around a great car. just a little bit annoyed at the wait for the damn cars. :)

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by pimpinSaleen
I'm looking for any other people that ordered a Black 2003 Cobra. I still haven't gotten my build date or VIN and was wondering if any other people with Black Cobras have gotten this info yet. I ordered a coupe on 2/8/02.

You better contact your dealer now, because the bulk of the Cobra's being built first are Coupes.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Re: Re: anyone else order a black 2003 cobra?

Originally posted by tommylightning

You better contact your dealer now, because the bulk of the Cobra's being built first are Coupes.

I called them today and talked with the SVT coordinator. He said he was going to have to call me back because the ordering guy was at lunch. Ne never called me back.

My dealer is getting 3 cars. 2 coupes and a vert. The 2 coupes are spoken for. The black vert will be in first. WTF is up with that. Same car as mine except it's a vert. The guy that ordered the other coupe has #98 I think. It's a mineral grey coupe that is suppose to be here buy the end of the month. I don't get it. What the hell is going on with my car. I was there 2-8-02 to order the car and put my money down. Now its rolling in to the second day of production, and I still haven't heard anything. Needless to say I am getting a little restless.

I will be calling them tomorrow and tearing someone a new ass. There is another SVT dealer 100 or so miles away with 03s left in their alocation. I might ask for my money back. I got rid of my Saleen quick because I was told I should have my car by the end of May. Here we are, May 7, and still no news on my car!

C_Record

Established Member
I guess I'm the odd man out. I haven't ordered yet(dealer says it'll still be on the first run), waiting till the last minute, hopefully arriving late June/early July(more time for downpayment). I'd like the factory guys to get some practice building a thousand or two so when they get to mine it'll be perfect:-D

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by CatchMeCopper
Woo hoo! Nice!! When do you think all the build dates will be announced by? Is it safe to say that if my build date is not in by June 10th or so then its time to buy a 01 SS (a nice little H/C and a pro charger... :) )

It's possible we could get some new info late tomorrow. I wouldn't call first thing tomorrow morning but I would call around 2 in the afternoon to check on my order. Hope we both get good info tomorrow. By the way there is a rumor that production has not started yet. They say there is some minor thing holding things up. Don't know if this is true or not.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03

Man, don't ever threaten the President - our names a re way too similar! You even have my pic!:eek:

No threats from me!

Still no VIN no. I am no. 5 on my dealer's list. VINs have been issued for No. 1,2 and 3. Maybe I will get the call this week or next. Patience. Patience.

Saw a picture of a black convertible today. Seriously good choice.

:dw:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I canceled my order with the original dealership, and I found another in Maine with a 2003 Black coupe they ordered for their stock inventory on 4/25 with a 6/3/02 build date. I put 1000 down over the phone and the sales manager told me I should see the car by the end of June.

Users who are viewing this thread