Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Outside factors on the long wait. Normally wouldn't have occurred like this.

Car could have been out by now but look at what's gone on in Dearborn over the last year and a half. This thing was a big money pet project of people who are long gone at this point. Lucky the car even made it out alive.

I hear you... I even agree with you, and I swear I am not trying to sound like a dick when I say this... but the Mustang GT500 is not just a staple of Ford's history, but its a true modern American icon. It is a legendary automobile. While I fully grasp the fundamentals of capitalism, I would like to believe that everyone at Ford would want to keep that legend alive (while turning a profit).

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
When you neglect your brand image to produce crappy electric cars, you lose more in sales than you win in greener image.

Dodge grew a lot, ford grew, gm well...

Dodge’s formula of give em what they want has been pretty great

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I hear you... I even agree with you, and I swear I am not trying to sound like a dick when I say this... but the Mustang GT500 is not just a staple of Ford's history, but its a true modern American icon. It is a legendary automobile. While I fully grasp the fundamentals of capitalism, I would like to believe that everyone at Ford would want to keep that legend alive (while turning a profit).

You're going to want to buy this one.

For the type of company Ford ostensibly is, it often has a hilarious lack of institutional memory. It's like a sine wave.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Outside factors on the long wait. Normally wouldn't have occurred like this.

Car could have been out by now but look at what's gone on in Dearborn over the last year and a half. This thing was a big money pet project of people who are long gone at this point. Lucky the car even made it out alive.
Then its clear Ford Performance needs new leadership. As in leadership that understands its history and the importance of these Halo Mustangs.

Its an absolute disgrace to think that the brass at Ford would look at the GT500 or Cobra as a product of a bygone era. IF they are that ****ing foolish, then to hell with them. Mopar has been taking Ford to the woodshed with its class labeled "How to satisfy our customers and build what they want us to build".

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Then its clear Ford Performance needs new leadership. As in leadership that understands its history and the importance of these Halo Mustangs.

Its an absolute disgrace to think that the brass at Ford would look at the GT500 or Cobra as a product of a bygone era. IF they are that ****ing foolish, then to hell with them. Mopar has been taking Ford to the woodshed with its class labeled "How to satisfy our customers and build what they want us to build".
Ford in general...

VILAN-17

Established Member
I myself wouldn’t know the first thing about where the entire automotive industry is heading. They’re talking about dropping entire passenger car lines, moving to self driving, eco friendly cars. All of it, based in responsible and moral ground or just plain old capitalism, is change. BIG change and if your like me, you don’t like that much change. We are witnessing another point in time where the industry is trying to get footing. They have to fit so much outside tech melting it’s way into what used to be just a carriage with an engine. I really do hope the romance of valves lifters cams and exhaust notes don’t disappear only to be replaced with hollow emotionless glorified golf karts driven buy algorithms and stuffed shirts that don’t have an ounce of nostalgia in their bones. I’m talking from the view point of pure passion. It’s possible we have no choice but to move to alternative energy sooner than we’re ready for and will painfully watch rolling art like the Shelby disappear. I need a drink.

blk02edge

Established Member
I myself wouldn’t know the first thing about where the entire automotive industry is heading. They’re talking about dropping entire passenger car lines, moving to self driving, eco friendly cars. All of it, based in responsible and moral ground or just plain old capitalism, is change. BIG change and if your like me, you don’t like that much change. We are witnessing another point in time where the industry is trying to get footing. They have to fit so much outside tech melting it’s way into what used to be just a carriage with an engine. I really do hope the romance of valves lifters cams and exhaust notes don’t disappear only to be replaced with hollow emotionless glorified golf karts driven buy algorithms and stuffed shirts that don’t have an ounce of nostalgia in their bones. I’m talking from the view point of pure passion. It’s possible we have no choice but to move to alternative energy sooner than we’re ready for and will painfully watch rolling art like the Shelby disappear. I need a drink.
To me it does not matter how fast an electric car is, could run the 1/4 in 5 seconds and be faster than an F1 car. I do not want it and it flat out depresses me to think that probably within a decade gas will be slower in every way

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
With as much oil thats being discovered and tapped now, gasoline and diesel isnt going anywhere. Its up to our enthusiast community to ensure that our performance cars are alive and well and that demand for new machines remain strong.

@DBK Then I direct my comments to Ford leadership in general. Company seems to be worse right now than when Alan Mullaly was in charge. I hope the truth about the 2020 GT500 delay comes out in time.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Private sector gold mine would be a simple enough cost effective additional catalyst modifying system within the muffler of a post gen 3 catted exhaust.

Basically a simple addition to muffler lining or wall material that takes what the gem 3 cat leaves behind and further reacts with said remnants to convert them into fluffy clouds of scented roses, magical pony farts, or even mur and frankenscents.

You get the idea. I patented the idea so go out and pay me some royalties. What this, ok my assistant Siri is saying I haven’t, oh well go out and save combustion engines

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Car should take well to a simple single 80mm turbo setup, and some Jenny Craig.

I’d be surprised if the stock setup runs more than 13psi. Just pulley, tune and bolt ons should be good for another 75-100whp.

Users who are viewing this thread