Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Kinda stupid.

First, we don't know if the heads are going to be reworked on this engine. The 240hp bump from the roush kit is on an engine with a smaller displacement, maybe smaller heads, different cams and it likely doesn't meet Ford's reliability requirements.

The CR is a big change too, general rule of thumb is 4% per point of CR. So if the aluminator now is 12:1 and the new engine is 10:1, it's 8% low. Also, the aluminator has no emissions it needs to meet.

Also, I really, really doubt this engine will turn 8k RPM like the aluminator.

Way too many variables. Not to mention that video was too long to say "well the 5.0 picked up 240hp, so the non-street legal CPC 5.2 should pick up the same."

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
ggggrrrreeeeeaaaatttt...mmmmmoooooorre theeeeooorrriiieeessss...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Cmon you don’t believe the wise and knowing ShaneO?
As Tob said and I’ve mentioned, the 5.2/TVS2650 platform can make 800hp EASY.
BUT (and it’s a big butt if she’s over 4000#) the number and state of tune they release it with is a completely different story.
I’ll be disappointed if over 4000# but I’m definitely a buyer as the S550 platform with a 5.2/2650/DCT drivetrain has SO much potential.
I’d prefer the DCT but even the 10-speed auto is fine to me.
Anyone with anything close to reliable info?
And last ShaneO vid above makes a good point but my only dispute is that the 5.2XS aluminator has 12-12.5:1 compression to make that 580hp number.
I’d probably say 530hp plus the multiplier of (x/14.7) with the variable x bring factory boost pressure.
-J

Zemedici

Established Member
Considering the cough 350 cough sold better than any other svt Mustang....

In regards to what? Speed of sales? Production numbers?

Cuz close to 50% of the GT350 owners i came into contact with whilst working at Injected were disappointed in the performance of the ‘top dog’ mustang, that makes less than 500whp. Whereas the previous generation was 600wheel horsepower.

Some guys just like raw horsepower, and these guys are not buying New Fords at the moment. Callin it how i see it.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Cuz close to 50% of the GT350 owners i came into contact with whilst working at Injected were disappointed in the performance of the ‘top dog’ mustang, that makes less than 500whp. Whereas the previous generation was 600wheel horsepower.

Some guys just like raw horsepower, and these guys are not buying New Fords at the moment. Callin it how i see it.
It did attract a significant amount of buyers from other manufacturers who would not have considered it otherwise.

It was a trade off. They will still have a big horsepower Mustang in the future and a lot of the big power guys will likely come back.

BTW this car still rolls out really well. I played with a ZL1 1LE for a few laps on the track yesterday and before I decided to go around him (slow driver in technical sections), it really did not run like it was making 130hp more than my car until a little over 100. He would maybe get a car length on me on the shorter straight.

Zemedici

Established Member
It did attract a significant amount of buyers from other manufacturers who would not have considered it otherwise.

It was a trade off. They will still have a big horsepower Mustang in the future and a lot of the big power guys will likely come back.

BTW this car still rolls out really well. I played with a ZL1 1LE for a few laps on the track yesterday and before I decided to go around him (slow driver in technical sections), it really did not run like it was making 130hp more than my car until a little over 100. He would maybe get a car length on me on the shorter straight.

I could see the trade off, but dumb ****ing question, why not have a big power car as well and get the best of both worlds?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I could see the trade off, but dumb ****ing question, why not have a big power car as well and get the best of both worlds?

What the 2013 is not good enough for you?

Then why did they buy them. In my post nothing scientific or specific data at all. Just understanding that money people pay more for the 350 now we’ll into the 3rd year cycle is way more than any other Mustang compared to msrp.
The 03/04 svt had $3k rebates on them in 04. Hell the 350 still sells for more than the new more powerful zl1.

It did. Which is why the value has held up.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
My god, this thread is so sad now. Ford people beating on Ford people because the damn company has given nobody anything! WTF was the point of that teaser months ago just to follow up with NADA the rest of the year. MY only guess is Ford isn't making his car a priority. The Dodge Red Eye doesn't help them. All this time and it's probably still no going to be king of the road. So sad.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
My god, this thread is so sad now. Ford people beating on Ford people because the damn company has given nobody anything! WTF was the point of that teaser months ago just to follow up with NADA the rest of the year. MY only guess is Ford isn't making his car a priority. The Dodge Red Eye doesn't help them. All this time and it's probably still no going to be king of the road. So sad.
Id be pissed with the redeye too if I had just purchased a demon for a lot more money. The sad part is that you are still here complaining about Ford after you supposedly purchased a 808 hp car you lust after.

For the record I like what dodge is doing. The only thing I would add is 3 to 4 years of r/d to bring out a 550/600hp 3800lb challenger/charger/cuda that could compete with the gt3's of the world on the track. Right now their plan sure beats Ford's which is canceling all car production stateside it seems like. Big mistake on Fords part I feel.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member

I must fight the URGE to respond to SHIT posts..... I failed... :(

Users who are viewing this thread