Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Lots of AWD options for you out there, so enjoy the competitions offerings...

I can’t think of any AWD Muscle/Sports Car for under 100k.

There’s a few sport compacts, but they can’t and don’t make big-boy power.

If you just want a GT350 with 200 more horse power, why not just slap a supercharger on it then?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

2c6e5d85dfa0c435a23a1140f8258bdb.jpg

Why would Ford develop a new DCT Trans when they have the 10spd?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not touching the blown GT350 idea, as I think it's fine and I mod all my cars, but I'm hoping the new GT500 is closer to perfection than anything previous. And then mod it...... :)
I'm aware of the 10A and find the DCT thought interesting, the post was more directed to get DBK's discussion.
We shall see.
-J

Venomous 03

Established Member
They should put the new 7.0 with a SC in there and call it a day. 6 speed with a10 option....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Re: power, power is always the last thing that happens. Usually powertrain leaves a large amount of headroom, all the rest of the shit gets out of control and powertrain comes and saves the day. Power was never going to be a problem with this thing.

Someone once told me that, after independent testing, they thought GM's claim that the 10-speed was faster than PDK should be prosecutable as deceptive advertising...

kyle_c_21

Established Member
Would an A10 be able to shift well in the upper (8,000) RPMS? Could a DCT mean a FI FPC?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Worst part of the article -

Hackett has signed off on a series of moves, including a plan to shift production of Ford Focus compact cars from Michigan to China. He also hired a company outsider, Jason Luo, to lead Ford’s business in China, the world’s largest car market, where Ford is revamping operations and looking to expand partnerships in electric vehicles.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Worst part of the article -

Sadly the days of the performance V8 at Ford are numbered. They have shifted their focus to electric, hybrid and autonomous vehicles. There is no SVT division to carry the torch and all the money and market trends are pointing toward self driving electric vehicles and Ford is positioning itself to be in the forefront of that new technology. Most millennials are too busy staring into their smartphones, posting on Facebook and are waiting to extend that technology to their mode of transportation where Ford want's to beat Google and Apple to the punch line. I don't think Ford is going to invest heavily in low production internal combustion engine performance cars get ready for the hybrid Ecoboost 2.3 Mustang GT with a 10 speed auto.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Sadly the days of the performance V8 at Ford are numbered.

Well at least between the 03/04 Cobra, New Edge, Coyote and GT350, I have more Mustangs available then I could ever buy and build.

Hopefully self driving comes to a burning end after a few lawsuits.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Once big power V8s are gone, I’m out. I’ll look for the used stuff. I got a couple more new purchases left before that happens... HOPEFULLY!

SlowSVT

Established Member

I wouldn't count on it. Knowing how the gubberment works it likely just the opposite occurs. Ultimately liberals are trying to get you out of your car and onto mass transit. That law suit thing raises an interesting conundrum. In a self driving car who assumes liability in an accident? ............ most likely the tax payer!

CO Mack

Established Member
So tell me about all the GT350Rs lining up at the trailer park with Joe-Six pack.

GTFO of here gramps. Go back to the Fox-Body form if you want some carbureted BBF.

The car I described is exactly what a modern competitive Ford needs to do. The GTR was RWD N\A originally, then turbo, then AWD then V6 was Automatic only.

Porsche 911 has evolved extensively as well.

If Ford wants to offer something different, something worth getting excited about, it needs to be AWD. Pair to with the new 10spd Automatic.

It will corner, it will brake, it will launch like a Saturn V.

We don’t need another 700-750ish RWD, TR6060, S/C Trinity, Coyote or Boss 6.2 V8 Mustang.

Yawnnnzzzz with Coyote guts being as tough as they are today, $8k and some parts and any of us could make that horsepower. What made the Terminator so great was the fact that a 2V had chicken bones for rods.

Sorry, but in the land of +700whp street cars, AWD is king, and I want the GT500 to be king of the streets.

As for price, GTR is on a unique chassis being sold at roughly 1,800 a year. That’s what it MSRPs for $110k and sells for $89k. A GTR/911 Turbo slaying GT500 would prolly be 70-80k and with ADM, yes, I suspect it would surpass 6 figures.

That's the GT500 I want, but probably not a buyer either way.

I bought a new Raptor specifically because of the V6 though. So much better, except for the sound.

CO Mack

Established Member
Well at least between the 03/04 Cobra, New Edge, Coyote and GT350, I have more Mustangs available then I could ever buy and build.

Self driving will be at least an order of magnitude safer. While there's no doubt more lawsuits coming ultimately the safety is going to be the main selling point.

Personally I can't wait.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Self driving will be at least an order of magnitude safer. While there's no doubt more lawsuits coming ultimately the safety is going to be the main selling point.

Personally I can't wait.
My 2016 E63 AMG had the ability to follow the road and keep distance when the cruise was set and I have to say... it was the best part of the car, and the rest of the car was amazing.
Being able to click cruise and then just relax is soooo good at the end of a long day or when driving for long periods. It saved my ass a few times when I fell asleep behind the wheel. Great technology.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread