Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My 2016 E63 AMG had the ability to forego the road and keep distance when the cruise was set and I have to say... it was the best part of the car, and the rest of the car was amazing.
Being able to click cruise and then just relax is soooo good at the end of a long day or when driving for long periods. It saved my ass a few times when I fell asleep behind the wheel. Great technology.
Still have the dynamic/massaging seats? My '04 E55 had that option and I miss them still. I really like my DD Charger Hellcat but that E63 AMG is an animal. Did you mod/tune it?
-J

TERMN8U

Established Member
Still have the dynamic/massaging seats? My '04 E55 had that option and I miss them still. I really like my DD Charger Hellcat but that E63 AMG is an animal. Did you mod/tune it?
-J
I love the E55's! That's what made me want the E63.
Yes they still have the dynamic seats either massage heat and cooling.
I hade Eurocharged's latest stage 2tune with moded air boxes. 740 crank ho and 850tq. It was the S model so it's all wheel drive. I could do 4 wheel drifts from one side of the road to the other coming out of corners. Off the line it just hooked and booked. Most guys run 10.8x @ 128 with that setup. It was an absolute sleeper. I miss in now that we're talking about it.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the E55's! That's what made me want the E63.
Yes they still have the dynamic seats either massage heat and cooling.
I hade Eurocharged's latest stage 2tune with moded air boxes. 740 crank ho and 850tq. It was the S model so it's all wheel drive. I could do 4 wheel drifts from one side of the road to the other coming out of corners. Off the line it just hooked and booked. Most guys run 10.8x @ 128 with that setup. It was an absolute sleeper. I miss in now that we're talking about it.
Nice man thanks for the info!
My '04 E55 was the first Benz I ever drove and it's was an amazing machine. I used to and still say SVT and AMG for life but those damn SRT guys made that old E55 chassis hook and book with the Hellcat package.
Most HCs run 10.8@128 with JUST DRs!
Only thing I'd change would be finding a way to get those bad@ss seats again.
Would like to stay on topic but as usual and why I started this thread, no info from Ford.......
-J

TERMN8U

Established Member
I'm so torn on what to get for another vehicle right now. I have been checking the Internet every five minutes for any update on the next GT500.
The roll out for this car has taken so long that I may end up with a bolt on charger hellcat.
What does yours hook like on the street? Any time I raced them they couldn't put the power down. Although I have seen a couple around here lately with huge fat ET streets.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I roll daily on Factory Reproductions 10.5 rears with 305/35/20 NT555Rs and it always hooks and books.
The car has very good traction control compared to what we are used to from '14/earlier Mustangs (not much seat time in S550s).
The car has an SRT button and a double tap of the button brings up your custom saved settings (cool as you can control trans/engine/suspension/traction control settings from very good track/sport/default options and save your custom tune).
Again, I'm a hardcore Ford guy but I have to give SRT props for a homerun. Just add drag radials or R888s :)
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So, correct me if I'm wrong here guys.
I have read from a source on another Mustang forum that the certification for the new supercharger that is on the new engine on the Roush Stage 3 car will be a long process. Does not Roush work with Ford in getting the technical stuff/research like that for Ford as well?
The new Stage 3 cars are going to debut at the SEMA show this year, but Roush will only have a couple months of production in 2018, so they are planning on releasing the Stage 3 car for 2019.
Meaning of this post? I'm going to "assume" that the new GT500 probably won't be coming out till late 2018. Again, I'm speculating here.

conceptmachine

Established Member
The 2018 MY supposed to end around late may early June. So 2019 should start early June. That’s when we should see the gt500 start to roll off the line.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
When the S197 GT500 first arrived there was no real competition. The car was exactly what "Mustang guys" claimed they wanted and insisted upon. Old school, solid axle, easily modded, simple to work on, big aftermarket, reasonably easy to afford.

The forum for the 07-09 was interesting, easy-going, helpful and fun to participate in.

After reading the last few pages of this thread I am struck by the vast difference. Maybe it is time for the whole thing to die a pitiful death! No matter what (or if) a new GT500 brings to the table, it seems obvious it is going to be none of that. Ford guys dissing each other and previous GT500 generations. No chance the car will meet lofty expectations and no chance it will be "affordable" muscle. Slim chance it will be a car that you mod and tinker with, except for the few who want to throw big bucks at an expensive ride with minimal payback.

I hope I am wrong, but I am not going to bet on it.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I must have missed something in this or another thread, but I thought the earliest a " new " GT500 could show up was the 2019 MY ??
And based on other roll-outs, some snippet from Ford would have showed up by now !!!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
. No chance the car will meet lofty expectations and no chance it will be "affordable" muscle. Slim chance it will be a car that you mod and tinker with, except for the few who want to throw big bucks at an expensive ride with minimal payback.

I hope I am wrong, but I am not going to bet on it.

In 2007 a 500hp car was a big deal and a big improvement over the gutless 300hp 3v.

The GTs are just not as “bad” as they once where and with the ZL1 and Hellcats, no one is going to be happy no matter what.

As far as “affordable”, that’s a loose term. A GT is basically $40k these days and thanks to the Shelby name, everything gets a $10k ADM it seems.

The GT350 seems to be a return to what Ford actually has always wanted the mustang to be, along with the Cobra line. The Terminator and GT500 are just outliers.

Fourcam380

Established Member
My 2016 E63 AMG had the ability to follow the road and keep distance when the cruise was set and I have to say... it was the best part of the car, and the rest of the car was amazing.
Being able to click cruise and then just relax is soooo good at the end of a long day or when driving for long periods. It saved my ass a few times when I fell asleep behind the wheel. Great technology.

As much as I hate to say it, as it has done for aviation, autonomy in autos will allow for less deaths due to human error. There will assuredly be random horror stories initially, usually is with new tech like this, however on the whole it should be a night and day difference.

As referenced above after a long day or a few drinks, etc it’s easy to see the advantages.

What scares me is govt and the insurance companies adding a clause that states when operating a vehicle in non autonomous or self drive mode, all liability rests with the driver—or raising self driving rates through the roof. I see that as the nail in the coffin for human drivers, based on how this country operates.

Fwiw I’d rather push an IC car than drive an electric, shit is just inevitable.

The good news is as conceptmachine stated, plenty of great cars out now to enjoy for the rest of our being.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
If it comes out a 100k I done with Ford. After owning Five SVT/FP cars I will find something else that scratches my performance itch. At that price you could
GTR
E65 amg
Z07
ZL1 1LE
Gently used Viper

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
What makes any of those more desirable then a GT500 assuming that GT500 matches or bests them in performance?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Because its a rental fleet POS mustang with an upgraded drivetrain and suspension - for all intents and purposes.

So is the GTR, Vette, Camaro, and Mercedes....

Viper is also a bucket with an anemic 16L V10 that sounds like a tractor and barely breaks 600hp...

TERMN8U

Established Member
Having owned 6 higher end Mercedes I can honestly say that I was disappointed in the 2017 GT350 I drove last week.
The stereo SUCKS, hard cheep plastic interior bits and the generally cheep feel of the materials and switch gear made me totally get over the excitement I have had for the next GT500. Hopefully they spend some of the budget fixing these parts. I really want to love the 500. The 350 didn't do it for me like I expected.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Having owned 6 higher end Mercedes I can honestly say that I was disappointed in the 2017 GT350 I drove last week.
The stereo SUCKS, hard cheep plastic interior bits and the generally cheep feel of the materials and switch gear made me totally get over the excitement I have had for the next GT500. Hopefully they spend some of the budget fixing these parts. I really want to love the 500. The 350 didn't do it for me like I expected.
First, the car won't be near $100k. It will be very close to the ZL1 Camaro if it comes out.
I've also had a few AMG cars and I don't expect a Mustang of any model to match high end luxury cars in regards to interior quality or amenities. The price of a GT500 doesn't match but the performance does and I'm personally fine with that, I'm looking for performance first. If you gotta have both, you pay to play.
I do think some of the American muscle cars would have takers with upgrade interior packages. My main complaint with my Charger Hellcat is the low rent dash pad. Our Pacifica and previous Ram had leather stitched dashpads, not this plain plastic. A few thousand dollars for an interior upgrade would have my consideration, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
-J

SlowSVT

Established Member
First, the car won't be near $100k. It will be very close to the ZL1 Camaro if it comes out.
I've also had a few AMG cars and I don't expect a Mustang of any model to match high end luxury cars in regards to interior quality or amenities. The price of a GT500 doesn't match but the performance does and I'm personally fine with that, I'm looking for performance first. If you gotta have both, you pay to play.
I do think some of the American muscle cars would have takers with upgrade interior packages. My main complaint with my Charger Hellcat is the low rent dash pad. Our Pacifica and previous Ram had leather stitched dashpads, not this plain plastic. A few thousand dollars for an interior upgrade would have my consideration, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
-J

+10

I could care less about the quality of the interior I own a Terminator and it doesn't get much worse than that (to be honest the Terminator interior is so inconspicuous nothing catches your eye it's like there is nothing there just empty space around you with "zero" distractions. The seats are awesome. For me that interior is perfect!). I would rather Ford put the money in to the chassis, suspension and engine. No Corinthian leather required!

Living in So Cal 5-10 year old AMG's are almost "non-existent". Why is that?

Users who are viewing this thread