Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Just sayin.

Doubt it. Haven't seen the layout but the show was weak last year (relatively speaking) and static auto shows are losing relevance daily. I thought most of the displays were terrible last year. The FCA area was a seizure fest. All the exotics have bailed. Ford had a small footprint. They've really started filling the place with fluff and suppliers to make up for lack of manufacturer expenditure.

There's always gonna be a couple cars people care about, but overall I wouldn't spend the money. I say this as someone who has an opinion based on going every year though because it's close to where I live.

Thank you. Was curious for me it would be like a 4-5 hour drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnkn

Established Member
I just got done talking to my wife about this. I'm selling my Shelby and Hellcat and cancelling my Demon order. I'm going to take the money I have been spending and just dump it into a savings account until the new Shelby comes up.

Well at today's prevailing rate you should net exactly enough to buy dinner for a family of 4 at the Western Sizzler provided your share an appetizer. ;^)

Last edited:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Well at today's prevailing rate you should net exactly enough to buy dinner for a family of 4 at the Western Sizzler provided your share an appetizer. ;^)

If the release is going to be so far out that I'll make enough in interest to pay for dinner, I may not live that long. But, if I do, the wings are all mine. The wife and kids can fight over whatever they are splitting.

conceptmachine

Established Member
If the release is going to be so far out that I'll make enough in interest to pay for dinner, I may not live that long. But, if I do, the wings are all mine. The wife and kids can fight over whatever they are splitting.
Hang in there, everything will work out.
I did/doing the same as you, except not trading the 350. 2019 MY should start in June. Hopefully it will start being built at the start of the MY.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
That’s the right attitude enjoy the car maybe get several replacements every 2-3 years, because life is short and if anyone is looking to make a buck by holding a car just invest in the stock market. lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Well, at least we are nearing the completion of this thread. There's still a lot of ridiculousness about stuff that doesn't even exist.

It's weird to me that people would even discuss Demon relative to Mustang. It should be pretty obvious that slicks n skinnies drag specials are not what Ford builds.

I doubt anyone will be disappointed. I mean, I say that as a nihilist who knows that the internet is ALWAYS disappointed, but outside of that, I doubt anyone who actually buys cars will be disappointed.

But Bmac said.....

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That’s the right attitude enjoy the car maybe get several replacements every 2-3 years, because life is short and if anyone is looking to make a buck by holding a car just invest in the stock market. lol

Yeah. I don't get all the anger over the wait. Just go buy a ZL1 (1LE)/Hellcat/Demon and keep it pushing, if that's what your benchmark is. You already know the next GT500 is going to be expensive as hell [for a Mustang]. Just buy one of the other cars at a discount and be happy. If Ford doesn't deliver, then you can hang around all the Mustang sites and be smug about how much faster your car is. (Though, same as with GT350 owners [who actually knew what they were buying], no GT500 owner is going to care.)

conceptmachine

Established Member
But Bmac said.....

What did he say? All he mentioned was there being a higher HP version coming for '21 MY with more tech than the '19 and '20. It was a fella on FB who said he fitted a electric motor between a 5.0L and a A10 in a mule. Its speculation that this is the new tech going into the '21. It may or may not be.
He DID also say that he thought it would be at the NAIAS, but he isn't in with marketing.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
attachment.jpg

From another forum that shouldn't be named.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
What did he say? All he mentioned was there being a higher HP version coming for '21 MY with more tech than the '19 and '20. It was a fella on FB who said he fitted a electric motor between a 5.0L and a A10 in a mule. Its speculation that this is the new tech going into the '21. It may or may not be.
He DID also say that he thought it would be at the NAIAS, but he isn't in with marketing.

He was mentioning faster/more power than demon, and hybrid power mustangs from what I read. You were passing the information from another forum but refused specifics. Now I see why.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
But Bmac said.....
I was seriously going to start a thread asking about that--are we getting ANY info other than this Bmac guy on 6G?
I only go there to read about the next GT500 and it seems like the ONLY info comes from him.
Several guys I trust here have said we won't be disappointed, but other than one source I know, who basically confirmed the basics of the leaked 2020 document, the only new info is regurgitated Bmac posts.
Now if he's really legit and is in the know, that's cool, but he could also be trolling us HARD.
I guess patience will be the only virtue.
I will say the widespread DCT rumor and continued GT350 have me intrigued. I drove a 350R on track after a DCT 458 Ferrari and a DCT would make that 350R next level.
As usual, time will tell...
-J

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I believe bmac is only stating what Ford has tried and or thought about but has no difinitive answers to what will be after all testing regs and money men have signed off on the projects. In hence saying he is not a true source.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully this machine makes it's debut next month with all the legit specs.
Since the last GT500 cars, we've had the Hellcat cars, the GT350(R) cars, the new ZL1, the ZL1-1LE, and most recently the new ZR1. (Not sure if I missed any?) Let's go Ford. Let's see this beast already!

Users who are viewing this thread