Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

BladeX10

Established Member
I feel like we will be getting an announcement within the next few months especially since they are buying time by carrying over the 2015-17 GT350 onto the 18 MY without updating anything. Surely they wont do that for another year?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Well, at least we are nearing the completion of this thread. There's still a lot of ridiculousness about stuff that doesn't even exist.

It's weird to me that people would even discuss Demon relative to Mustang. It should be pretty obvious that slicks n skinnies drag specials are not what Ford builds.

I doubt anyone will be disappointed. I mean, I say that as a nihilist who knows that the internet is ALWAYS disappointed, but outside of that, I doubt anyone who actually buys cars will be disappointed.

Zemedici

Established Member
Well, at least we are nearing the completion of this thread. There's still a lot of ridiculousness about stuff that doesn't even exist.

It's weird to me that people would even discuss Demon relative to Mustang. It should be pretty obvious that slicks n skinnies drag specials are not what Ford builds.

I doubt anyone will be disappointed. I mean, I say that as a nihilist who knows that the internet is ALWAYS disappointed, but outside of that, I doubt anyone who actually buys cars will be disappointed.

As long as it’s not another ‘rendition’ like the GT350 there shouldn’t be much disappointment

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I’m guessing this will be unveiled at the NAIAS in Detroit then. Now I want to go. Never been to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I keep hearing that a Bullitt announcement is soon. I hope it is, if for anything, just to get it out of the way so something bigger can be revealed in Detroit.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I keep hearing that a Bullitt announcement is soon. I hope it is, if for anything, just to get it out of the way so something bigger can be revealed in Detroit.
I may be wrong, but I think they announced that the Bullit car was coming?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That sucks. I was actually contemplating going. I hope that doesn't mean that cars won't be in the hands of the first few owners until 2019...
Agreed Tob, that does suck. Looks like the GT350 TT plan might be what I do and wait. Or we should just have more patience.
-J

MastaAce03

Established Member
We should definitely have more patience but with all this cool shit coming from Chevy and Dodge, it's getting real hard to trust the process at this point. Just something from Ford confirming the GT500 would help put a lot of us at ease, for a little while longer at least.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
We should definitely have more patience but with all this cool shit coming from Chevy and Dodge, it's getting real hard to trust the process at this point. Just something from Ford confirming the GT500 would help put a lot of us at ease, for a little while longer at least.

You got it brother, exactly why I made this post after guys talking shit at cars and coffee:)
As a Ford guy with an SRT Hellcat I didn't know what to say.
-J

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member

I have had just that for the past 4 years now and let me tell you it's hard. I was hoping that Ford would release a KR version that I could pickup and give to my son one day like my dad tried to do.

So if the CEO of Ford is reading this could you PM me and tell me to Hold or Fold on that idea so I don't waste any money. :)

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Just sayin.
Thank you. Still worth going and checking out this show sometime just because? I won’t this year then.

Doubt it. Haven't seen the layout but the show was weak last year (relatively speaking) and static auto shows are losing relevance daily. I thought most of the displays were terrible last year. The FCA area was a seizure fest. All the exotics have bailed. Ford had a small footprint. They've really started filling the place with fluff and suppliers to make up for lack of manufacturer expenditure.

There's always gonna be a couple cars people care about, but overall I wouldn't spend the money. I say this as someone who has an opinion based on going every year though because it's close to where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread