Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I promise there is concrete evidence, and I promise it's coming soon.

I hope so... I am looking to get rid of my Hellcat and GT350... and the release of the next blown/boosted Shelby would be just the excuse I need. It would be nice to have 1 car that has the good characteristics of both.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hope so... I am looking to get rid of my Hellcat and GT350... and the release of the next blown/boosted Shelby would be just the excuse I need. It would be nice to have 1 car that has the good characteristics of both.

You'll be very satisfied.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
@13COBRA does the birdy say A10? If so I'll have to wait a year or so to purchase. have no interest in selling my Charger for a mustang. I'm enjoying the room, but would like to add.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hope so. The last GT500 is mind blowing. I would expect nothing less.

So, if I bring my trades to you... you think you can do something about the ADM for me? LOL

If I get enough allocations, I'll take care of as many forum members as I can. As it sits now though:

1.) My dad, retirement gift
2.) @Tob
3.) @csc427
4.) You.

@13COBRA does the birdy say A10? If so I'll have to wait a year or so to purchase. have no interest in selling my Charger for a mustang. I'm enjoying the room, but would like to add.

I would save a spot in the garage for it.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
There won't be many people who 'pass' on it.

I'm very excited about it. If I get enough allocations, I'm going to buy one for myself.

Spill the beans. Hopefully Ford does at the Detroit auto show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Spill the beans. Hopefully Ford does at the Detroit auto show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time will tell.

giphy.gif

got to hand it to you, you're a good guy for doing this

I like to take care of forum members however I can. For the most part, I like the majority of you guys haha

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
If I get enough allocations, I'll take care of as many forum members as I can. As it sits now though:

2.) @Tob
3.) @csc427
4.) You.

That is awesome! I appreciate that for sure!

got to hand it to you, you're a good guy for doing this

Yes... yes he is. And for several other reasons too. This is just a reflection of the quality of character... I'm sure.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
How are you gonna sit there and tell me how my experience with the TR6060 has been? I have owned 2 different cars with them and they are a joy to drive (around town / spirited). Other than allowing them to get to operating temps, they were/are trouble free. This included plenty of shifting quickly at high rpms.

I also know several people with TR6060s who have had no issues.

But perhaps you could have tailored your shifting a little bit, in order to have a "complaint free" experience with the TR6060.

Now in regards to being biased, I have had arguments with you in the past (when you had a 500), where you tried to argue that the 500 was the better driver's / handling car vs. a ZL1, which is simply not true (unless you are biased by ownership).

In the end, we can agree to dissgree. But please note that there are plenty of TR6060 users out there with a trouble free experience that are very pleased with the transmission.

Your experience is just that. I'm speaking in relative terms regarding the transmission itself from its mission statement to how it has performed in certain conditions. If you are happy with it that's great.

As one that has moderated the GT500 sections for a number of years I can tell you there are a lot of GT500 owners that have voiced their displeasure with the TR6060 and how it has shifted for them at the track. I'm not sure how you can be a member here, a GT500 owner, and missed the countless number of threads regarding this. Beyond this site, a simple "TR6060 problem" or "TR6060 grind" Google search will bring you up to speed on user end complaints. From Mustangs to Camaros to Challengers to Vipers to Corvettes, etc, similar issues run across numerous car lines.

Your repeated mention of "my shifting" falls on deaf ears. I understand the limits of the transmission and made necessary changes to allow it to work better in how I used the car. But there are plenty out there that use their cars at the drag strip and found the transmission rejected their attempts to shift under certain conditions. From shifters, electronic band-aids, tail stock swaps, clutch changes, CSC line changes, fluid changes, guys that have had poor experiences have tried any number of part combinations in search of a TR6060 that allowed them to shift commensurate with the power the car has. A number of owners have jumped to a Magnum XL as well.

You mention a discussion regarding my opinion about a GT500 vs ZL1 dynamics discussion. I can only suggest you go back and take a closer look at what I said versus what you think I think. And yes, I'm very aware that not everyone is unhappy with their GT500 and it's beloved TR6060 transmission.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

2.) @Tob
3.) @csc427
4.) You.

current trade value on 13 CTSV coupe, 37K miles?

Your experience is just that. I'm speaking in relative terms regarding the transmission itself from its mission statement to how it has performed in certain conditions. If you are happy with it that's great.

As one that has moderated the GT500 sections for a number of years I can tell you there are a lot of GT500 owners that have voiced their displeasure with the TR6060 and how it has shifted for them at the track. I'm not sure how you can be a member here, a GT500 owner, and missed the countless number of threads regarding this. Beyond this site, a simple "TR6060 problem" or "TR6060 grind" Google search will bring you up to speed on user end complaints. From Mustangs to Camaros to Challengers to Vipers to Corvettes, etc, similar issues run across numerous car lines.

Your repeated mention of "my shifting" falls on deaf ears. I understand the limits of the transmission and made necessary changes to allow it to work better in how I used the car. But there are plenty out there that use their cars at the drag strip and found the transmission rejected their attempts to shift under certain conditions. From shifters, electronic band-aids, tail stock swaps, clutch changes, CSC line changes, fluid changes, guys that have had poor experiences have tried any number of part combinations in search of a TR6060 that allowed them to shift commensurate with the power the car has. A number of owners have jumped to a Magnum XL as well.

You mention a discussion regarding my opinion about a GT500 vs ZL1 dynamics discussion. I can only suggest you go back and take a closer look at what I said versus what you think I think. And yes, I'm very aware that not everyone is unhappy with their GT500 and it's beloved TR6060 transmission.

My experience with the TR6060 was the entire and only reason I got rid of my 12. Car would just not go into 2nd under WOT. If I vigorously drove it or casually drove it no problem. But at the strip when I'm trying to get everything out of it. Wasn't happening. Put Amsoil fluid, MGW2, new clutch, trans replaced by Ford, finally installed the BFR bracket. The bracket may have fixed it but the NVH was too much to deal with. Wasn't about to start hacking into my wiring to install a WOT box. So bitch got traded on a Dodge. I have never had an issue like this with Fox bodies T5, SN95 T5/T45, new edge including Mach 1 3650, 04 cobra T56, or even my 09 GT500. I could bang the crap out of all those cars. The 12 was just a awful machine. I'd say @ZYBORG has been lucky or hasn't brought it to the track on tires.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
My experience with the TR6060 was the entire and only reason I got rid of my 12. Car would just not go into 2nd under WOT. If I vigorously drove it or casually drove it no problem. But at the strip when I'm trying to get everything out of it. Wasn't happening. Put Amsoil fluid, MGW2, new clutch, trans replaced by Ford, finally installed the BFR bracket. The bracket may have fixed it but the NVH was too much to deal with. Wasn't about to start hacking into my wiring to install a WOT box. So bitch got traded on a Dodge. I have never had an issue like this with Fox bodies T5, SN95 T5/T45, new edge including Mach 1 3650, 04 cobra T56, or even my 09 GT500. I could bang the crap out of all those cars. The 12 was just a awful machine. I'd say @ZYBORG has been lucky or hasn't brought it to the track on tires.

The 12 shelby and 14 shelby are not exaclty the same.

Id be willing to bet you were powershifting it....

Quick shifting works perfect for me. I have no reason to make this stuff up.

No issues with mine.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

No issues with mine.

Of course I was power shifting. Trying to get that slip. However when I had the HC at the track I had a guy talk with me about what I thought. I explained that it was the easiest 10 second vehicle I've ever been in and that I had always been a Ford guy with two previous GT500's. I told him about the shifting issues with the 12, and he said he had gotten rid of his 13 GT500 for the same reasons. Did the same to his plus hydraulic line and still wouldn't shift under WOT. I didn't have that issue with my 09, if I had I wouldn't have bought another GT500. I know after the 12 I'll never buy another new manual trans ford, it really soured me. If as @13COBRA states is correct about A10, it will most likely be a must have.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Talked to a guy at the drag strip when i had my 12 and it had the same issue. Not sure what year his car was but he was on DR and it would leave very hard.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
the new Gt500/Cobra has to be a 5.2 Liter. With the new Roush/Ford 2650 blower coming out as an option for the 5.0 it wouldnt make sense to even have a GT500 mimic a 5.0 GT. Or even a 5.2 with the same blower.

So I’m hoping the 2650 is more of an option add on blower then coming off the assembly line already installed.
Twin Turbo 5.2 anyone?

Also looking at the 2650..... why is there a huge hole next to the snout. School me please.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

No issues with mine.

I sense you didn't read the link I posted. It details some of the changes over the years. For MY '13/'14 GT500, the shifter (for example) was "slowed" down due to complaints at dealerships across the country regarding grinding and/or lockout. Moreover, clutch disc material was changed (yet again) for wear/burst strength with less density in an attempt to keep inertial loads manageable. Master cylinder bore diameter was increased and an over-center spring was added to better control foot speed and effort. Gear ratio and pitch was altered.

In essence, while Ford made some smart internal changes in the final two years of TR6060 use in a Mustang, the theme was to slow things down to ensure positive gear engagement. The '12 that black99lightnin had used the fastest shifter Ford used during GT500 production but also had a rather high shift rejection rate when pushed at the track.

I agree that slowing a given shift down in a heavyweight transmission such as the TR6060 will ensure a greater likelihood of success. The issue is that it is counter to the car's very nature, especially at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread