Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Transmission: Not released, so not sure how it's wrong.

We'll just stick to one thing here. Let's see if just ONE TIME you can figure this out.

You say it's not released, so you're not sure how it's wrong. I'm telling you - it's wrong. In fact, I'll make any bet that you want that it's wrong, but here's a proposal for you: If that's what it is, I will print out all of your posts, and I will paper cut myself to death with them. But if it's not - you can never post on this website and waste everyone's time again.

When the car is shown on January 14th, you can then ask yourself why I would make this bet. Of course, there is like a 0.0001% chance you will figure it out, but we can always hope.

dlaude

Established Member
Cool story...[message truncated due to being a waste of space]

Dude, really, give it up. I told you to google "DBK Ford" and see what popped up, clearly you didn't listen. His instagram page has pictures with Jamal Hameedi (former Global Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer at Ford). I'm guessing that not only does he (DBK) know other people high up at Ford, he has probably driven the GT500 already.

DepWraith

Established Member
We'll just stick to one thing here. Let's see if just ONE TIME you can figure this out.

You say it's not released, so you're not sure how it's wrong. I'm telling you - it's wrong. In fact, I'll make any bet that you want that it's wrong, but here's a proposal for you: If that's what it is, I will print out all of your posts, and I will paper cut myself to death with them. But if it's not - you can never post on this website and waste everyone's time again.

When the car is shown on January 14th, you can then ask yourself why I would make this bet. Of course, there is like a 0.0001% chance you will figure it out, but we can always hope.

For a second there I thought you were actually going to post an actual "insider fact", but no you just offered a general statement and said "it's wrong".

When the car is revealed you sill sit back and say "I told you so"...without ever having actually told us anything verifiable later on, just general conjecture and denials.

Pure genius.

DepWraith

Established Member
Last I checked forums are for sharing information amongst a group of like minded people.

You have done nothing but poked fun, even after reasonable explanation by others of why information they had may have changed.

Sure, we can read between the lines and guess what you are saying, but isn't that kind of childlike?

Is it that hard to say, "oh I can say for certain (since you claim to know for certain) that it will have this or that?"

On one hand you're saying you are telling us what it will or won't have and then on the other you're saying that you can't tell us because you would lose your source.

Believe me, if you're telling us by informing us to "read between the lines" then it's no different than actually writing "it will have this...".

Are we to believe your source won't see that???

Sorry excuse not to share IMO.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
DBK, why waist your time with this troll?

Obviously you value your job, your connnections, and business relationships too much to risk leaking information and being black balled by Ford and everyone else.

Even myself on a much smaller level have had to keep my mouth shut over simple commercial real estate deals until they actually broke ground or made the local news, then when people ask “did you know about this?” I can say “yes I did, but I couldn’t say anything.”

Case in point just did a deal earlier this year with a Popeyes franchisee, they broke ground October 1, plan on opening mid March 2019. I had to keep my mouth shut because I knew chick fil a was also looking in the area at a competing site. I’m not going to risk my deal by running my mouth all over town. When people would say “oh I heard Popeyes is going to such and such a site”, I’d just say no they’re not.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Case in point just did a deal earlier this year with a Popeyes franchisee, they broke ground October 1, plan on opening mid March 2019. I had to keep my mouth shut because I knew chick fil a was also looking in the area at a competing site.

I was in Los Angeles working for the SBA/FEMA in the early 90's running files for the Rodney King riots and decided to hit up Popeyes for a late lunch. Not 20 minutes later I was projectile shitting. Par for the course but not when you are stuck in traffic on the 405 so you exit your US GOV rental and have to rapid fire over a guardrail behind a concrete column.

I'd have let the truth be known and done everything in my power to save my fellow man from suffering the same fate.

jes_csx

Established Member
But by telling us to read between the lines he's already violating that trust...that's my point.

I have no idea how you haven't figured out that DBK has nothing to prove and understands exactly what he can and can't say. There is no amount of inane trolling is going to change that.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
There is no benefit or excitement to me ragging someone. I don't care about smackdown. What's the point? BUT I repeatedly tried to give my man the signal to chill.

giphy.gif

Alas, there was no chill to be had. Could have saved a lot of super duper wrong keystrokes. But yet still, somehow, after all that wrongness, he is convinced it is all but a confluence of unfortunate events that simply made the wrongness come to fruition. Crazy.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
There is no benefit or excitement to me ragging someone. I don't care about smackdown. What's the point? BUT I repeatedly tried to give my man the signal to chill.

View attachment 1533345

Alas, there was no chill to be had. Could have saved a lot of super duper wrong keystrokes. But yet still, somehow, after all that wrongness, he is convinced it is all but a confluence of unfortunate events that simply made the wrongness come to fruition. Crazy.
You should see his participation trophy shelf.

csc427

Established Member
But by telling us to read between the lines he's already violating that trust...that's my point.
I don’t know you or dbk but I’ve followed these forums for a very long time. I have no inside source but I can sure as shit figure out that there’s no 10 sp auto in this car. Lol. If there are 3 options and dbk says that a 10 sp auto isn’t one of them, I can deduce that the car has a traditional manual and/or dct. Period. He slowly has indirectly dropped hints or confirmed quite a bit about this car if you can read between the lines.

Users who are viewing this thread