Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm glad it's being revealed in January. That means people will be getting cars in Spring/Summer when you can drive them vs. the typical 4th quarter winter launches.

Going to be a crazy performance year with this and the mid-engine Vette landing.

Your continuous ability to botch things is unreal. Read the bottom corner.

upload_2018-11-29_8-39-48.png

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I can't wait to see this hot vee TT 5.0L 10 speed auto GT500. I'm really anticipating finding out what this car is all about because it definitely must have totally changed many times and is in no way exactly the same car it was always going to be, with the same hardware it was always going to have, dating back to conception.

C0bra99

Established Member
I can't wait to see this hot vee TT 5.0L 10 speed auto GT500. I'm really anticipating finding out what this car is all about because it definitely must have totally changed many times and is in no way exactly the same car it was always going to be, with the same hardware it was always going to have, dating back to conception.
Burn...

Glad to see this and hoping the numbers are good. No 4200 pounds and 772 hp and a good price tag. Waiting to see if there is a R model.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I bet the snake isn't there anymore. The latest version needs a large surface area to bond or snap in to.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If the latest photo is indeed what we are going to see in production I'll do my best to come up with something else. An anozized, deep laser etched plate, with something more appealing. Ready to do something in Solidworks, just need to see how Ford is attaching it.

Curt@injected

I’m not sure what the complaining is all about? Sure you can put a blower and shorter springs on a Mustang GT and call it a day but then what do you have? A lousy aftermarket car with no engineering nor developement but hell its out in a year.

I’d rather have a car done right where those that drive it compare it to something twice as much. I have yet to see this from dodge or gm.

I get your thought process but it's been what 6 years now since Ford produced a gt500? The muscle wars have been forging ahead all while ford is on the sideline. They're either constantly going back to the drawing board because of dodge and chevy offerings, or what many of us loyal Ford guys are afraid of is coming true. Ford no longer has any priority in our segment of the car enthusiast culture. I think the lack of a V8 offering in the Ford Gt and Raptor may point toward the latter.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Took lots of seat time for Demon owners before people started seeing numbers even remotely close to advertised.

It took Dodge lots of seat time, over 300 passes iirc, perfect air, and perfect prep. They stated all of this themselves. So. I just don’t get what the big deal is.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
A closer look at the latest snippet Ford is showing...

zz%20GT500%20placard-X2.jpg

I don't think the 650 number was random and was likely a shot at the ZL1/1LE. Note to the ass at Ford that felt this was appropriate - we all get under rating power numbers prior to release, followed by a healthy bump when official numbers come out. Problem is, sources direct from Ford have publicly stated (along with Ford corporate in the form of the long ago released CGI clip) that the number would be over 700hp. The 650 number does nothing but create ambiguity. It doesn't add to the excitement. Stick to your guns and stay the course.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It just means they're pretty much specifically stating they're targeting the ZL1/ZL1 1LE and not even thinking about the Hellcats. And I'm betting it's still gonna be faster than the Hellcats in a straight line.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
It took Dodge lots of seat time, over 300 passes iirc, perfect air, and perfect prep. They stated all of this themselves. So. I just don’t get what the big deal is.

I agree with all of that... including your last sentence. It was 40 degrees outside, heated track, lots of glue and the driver had over 500 passes in the Demon. They invented the perfect conditions to make the numbers. And they were 100% up front about it.

Users who are viewing this thread