Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It would be a supercharged GT350, who wouldn't want that? Plus that's pretty much what the GT500 is going to be bet!
Nose heavy, changing the handling characteristics and engineering for the worse....
Not to mention heat soak.

At least the gt500 will be engineered with the different four corner weights for handling characteristics.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just curious, Bruno, why you'd be more excited about a 7.0 over a 5.2 (if both made north of 700hp).

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Because he's a muscle man.

Same reason people swore off the Gen II Raptor...until they drove one.

If given a choice, I would choose the lighter/smaller engine with the same horsepower.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone hear a timeline when it might make it's appearance lately? (Common question, I know. lol)
Since we're seeing more photos/leaks of the car, I would "assume" maybe months?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
5+2 = 7 BOOM truth revealed you're welcome...

Exactly. 4+6= 10=1. 7>1. This is why coyotes make about 5 to 7 times the hp of 4.6 modulars, but the 5+4 modulars make 9 times which is about 28% more powerful than the 5.2s.

The 5+8’s make 1+3 which makes 4 so it’s like almost as power producing as a coyote 5.0

Math. It wins every time. Best engine ford ever made was the 5+2 voodoo because 7 ate nine. But that’s all compound math. If ford releases a new 7 or 9 liter engine then that will be best

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
7.0/7.3 aluminum DOHC motor would be killer, but I always like to chose a factory boosted motor if you're just looking for easy power mods.
If you're going to go all out and build the engine and add a power adder, then I'll take the larger displacement.
All I'm really hoping is that they gave the blown 5.2 good rods and oil pump gears, we can mod the rest as that platform and 2650 blower can give 1000rwhp!
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Then I’m out. I’d rather have my 5.8 trinity and be slower. Srs.
True man, the torque hit from a maxed TVS Trinity is awesome.
You could easily mod yours to 800rwhp with the VMP Gen 3 TVS and rock your world.
That combo and some sticky tires is a killer on the street from a roll.
-J

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
True man, the torque hit from a maxed TVS Trinity is awesome.
You could easily mod yours to 800rwhp with the VMP Gen 3 TVS and rock your world.
That combo and some sticky tires is a killer on the street from a roll.
-J
My car is basically bone stock with about 5k miles. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
I don’t want to mod it because I don’t have the time nor the patience to deal with any codes, issues etc.
Besides the air bag recall the car has been bulletproof (knocks on wood) and I suspect it will stay that way for years in stock form.
I have little faith in the new car being as solid and reliable. I’d be terrified of that transmission etc.

The 2013/14 was my grail car since 2012 and for me nothing has replaced it. I do love the hellcat but if I had to choose between the two I’d stick with the 500.
I plan on adding the hellcat next year and keeping that car for a loong time.
I will never drive anything but 8 cylinders and in the future I think they will go extinct.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My car is basically bone stock with about 5k miles. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
I don’t want to mod it because I don’t have the time nor the patience to deal with any codes, issues etc.
Besides the air bag recall the car has been bulletproof (knocks on wood) and I suspect it will stay that way for years in stock form.
I have little faith in the new car being as solid and reliable. I’d be terrified of that transmission etc.

The 2013/14 was my grail car since 2012 and for me nothing has replaced it. I do love the hellcat but if I had to choose between the two I’d stick with the 500.
I plan on adding the hellcat next year and keeping that car for a loong time.
I will never drive anything but 8 cylinders and in the future I think they will go extinct.
I understand those points and especially the Hellcat.
I will say my ‘14 with just 4.10s, 315/35/20 Nitto DRs and Lund pump gas 93 tune was VERY balanced. For guys who don’t want the mod game, those 3 basic things will transform your car.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread