Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

conceptmachine

Established Member
1. you have the best color scheme on your 350R that I have seen to date.

2. I saw a youtube video a couple of weeks ago where some Ford reps were saying that the GT500 would be on the streets in 2020- of course I cannot find it anywhere now but will keep looking...have you heard that? I believe they were being interviewed at the Detroit Auto Show...I will post if I can find it. I remember there were at least 3 Ford reps standing there being interviewed- it is fuzzy but the mention of 2020 stuck out to me.

1) you have great taste ;) thanks for the compliment. I love the car.
2) Thats the video with Jim Owens and Gary Patterson. Gary says, "coming in 2020". I think he is right about when most of us will start to see them.
But from when the execs start to see them, he is about as wrong as Jim Ownes statement "venom kills demons"
The video link posted above, mustang brand manager Mark Schaller states "Calender year 2019", after the interviewer asks "WHAT YEAR IS IT COMING"?

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
1) you have great taste ;) thanks for the compliment. I love the car.

You are welcome...for what it's worth I have a 2014 GT500 white with blue stripes...currently running black plastic splitters and stock diffuser and stock front upper/lower grills with black custom forgeline wheels and black pinstripes- ordered new brushed silver wheels and am replacing all the splitters and diffuser and grills and gurney flap with carbon fiber, and want to paint my stock black brake calipers and rear brakes and replace the black pinstripes with another color but not sure what to go with...your red looks really good and pops...i was considering something like bright yellow or green brake calipers and pinstripes, or maybe orange- but nothing pops out like the red. not too many options look good with this color scheme in my opinion.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Im going to get a 98 Cobra for a project car. When? I dunno. But its on the list!

Seriously thought about looking up the VIN and trying to buy it back. Then put the money I was going to spend on the next GT500 into it. To me it's the best looking mustang ever, born in 76 btw.

conceptmachine

Established Member
You are welcome...for what it's worth I have a 2014 GT500 white with blue stripes...currently running black plastic splitters and stock diffuser and stock front upper/lower grills with black custom forgeline wheels and black pinstripes- ordered new brushed silver wheels and am replacing all the splitters and diffuser and grills and gurney flap with carbon fiber, and want to paint my stock black brake calipers and rear brakes and replace the black pinstripes with another color but not sure what to go with...your red looks really good and pops...i was considering something like bright yellow or green brake calipers and pinstripes, or maybe orange- but nothing pops out like the red. not too many options look good with this color scheme in my opinion.

I'd do the red man, I think you'd be happy with it. Its tough because red-white-blue. Orange would look good too IMO, if you want to be unique. Like maybe a bright orange color? I'd try to stay away from colors that are made of of other colors, like (yellow and BLUE make GREEN). Since your stripes are blue, green should be dismissed. Yellow would work good, however, since your car is white, it won't stand out real well unless its a wider strip.
Red, Orange primaries, but no to blue- green tertiary. IMO

Last edited:

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
I'd do the red man, I think you'd be happy with it. Its tough because red-white-blue. Orange would look good too IMO, if you want to be unique. Like maybe a bright orange color?
Red, Orange primaries, but no to blue- green tertiary. IMO

It is like you are reading my mind- you are hitting on all my pros-cons!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Partially correct, Ford does not build the 350 R in the winter, due to the sport cup 2 tires it comes with.

The tires cannot be out in temps below 40 (?) degrees, so even waiting for a car to be shipped could compromise the tires.

Chevy went thru his years ago with some corvettes and had to replace a lot of tires on cars built and shipped in the winter months.

The same problem occurred with the GT500's produced with the Goodyear F1 Supercar G:2 high-performance tires. This didn't prevent them from building the cars in the winter. The only time production stops in the winter is Holidays or production line problems. My 2013 rolled off the line and onto the Area 51 parking lot on Jan 14, 2013 and there was plenty of snow on the ground that day.

Goodyear ZL1 tire bulletin.jpg

conceptmachine

Established Member
I remember a fella who order his 350R and waited a year plus for it. It was finished in November, but sat in the parking lot most of december before he got it in January, after he got on them to have it shipped because he was afraid of the cracked tires.
It came delivered with cracked tires all the way around. He refused delivery and never heard from him again on the forum.
Anyway, Yeah, they don't build the 350R's from sometime in nov thru sometime late feb, but sometimes they still sit in the snow and get cracks, if they are waiting for shipment after shut down for the R's

Snoopy49

Established Member
The reason I knew about my car sitting in the shipping lot was because I had been religiously tracking the car through the build. When I found out it was sitting in the snow, I called the people that managed the lot and the shipping and advised them that my car was sitting in the snow waiting for train shipment and ask them if there was something they could do about. They checked and confirmed the car was on the lot and they would see what could be done. They called me back 2 days later and said they had made arrangements for shipment and gave me the railcar number, the car was on the train Jan 16, 2013, 2 days after it rolled off the line. With the railcar number I was able to track it from Flat Rock to Mira Loma, CA.

Train Tracking Map.jpg

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Yall are dreaming if you want it to put down 700+ hp with any wing less than that. Could honestly probably still use more end plate.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yall are dreaming if you want it to put down 700+ hp with any wing less than that. Could honestly probably still use more end plate.

I think a wing styled after the 350R would be the most appealing.

Users who are viewing this thread