Anyone else excited for Paranormal Activity 3?

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I personally believe that movies like Paranormal Activity are more scary than what's above. To me, making the audience think and imagine the horror themselves, as opposed to outright showing it is more psychologically compelling. It's also has a more lasting effect too, since you then carry what you imagined in the theaters back home with you.

But the Exorcist was,..."based on true story". Always thought removing demonic spirits from a human was,.. meh hype. Rather not test it though.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I'll see it eventually but not tonight or this week. I'm interested to see how this one will turn out. With that said, I could have sworn there was a thread a few weeks ago where everyone was saying they really wanted to watch it. Here everyone's saying NO. Maybe it's the section this was posted in:shrug:

I personally believe that movies like Paranormal Activity are more scary than what's above. To me, making the audience think and imagine the horror themselves, as opposed to outright showing it is more psychologically compelling. It's also has a more lasting effect too, since you then carry what you imagined in the theaters back home with you.

This is pretty true. Maybe not so much for The Exorcist because I've seen similar situations on tv but watching the other 2/3 movies you're reminded that you're watchin' a movie whereas Paranormal you're focused on what's about to happen. Plus, I can start a thread right now asking if y'all believe in ghost and many people will admit they do. Zombies... different situation

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
i cant believe people actually pay money for this crap... theres only like 3 films that are worth seeing in a theater that scary

1. The Exorcist
2. The Decent
3. Dawn of the Dead / Event Horizon

The Exorcist is the only one you posted that is actually scary.

The Decent sucked balls.

Dawn of the Dead was awesome, but not scary.

Event Horizon was interesting and slightly scary, but no where near Paranormal 1 or 2.

I'm not seeing 3 because I don't have the time and I probably can't get my wife to go, but I'm sure it would make me shit myself.

By the way, I thought they explained the "beginning" of the paranormal activity in the second movie - someone made a deal a long time ago and the first born son would be taken, then they transferred it to the sister's family, right? Now they're telling us that 3 is the real beginning?:shrug:

TorchMach

Established Member
I saw the first one and it took way to long for anything to get good. That stuff scares me to be honest I don't like waiting an hour into the movie to see any action.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
By the way, I thought they explained the "beginning" of the paranormal activity in the second movie - someone made a deal a long time ago and the first born son would be taken, then they transferred it to the sister's family, right? Now they're telling us that 3 is the real beginning?:shrug:

They did show in the other movies how this followed that original girl. I think this just shows what happened to her and her sister while they were kids. I think the events in this movie was alluded to in the earlier movies.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
They did show in the other movies how this followed that original girl. I think this just shows what happened to her and her sister while they were kids. I think the events in this movie was alluded to in the earlier movies.

Yeah I do remember the bits about the photograph and the fire, I guess the previews of 3 lead me to believe they were trying to describe a different direction for the movie. I suppose it does make more sense that this is just all the weird stuff that happened to them as kids.

Although, since we know they are alive as adults in 1 and 2, that does eliminate some of the peril the supernatural folk can place these kids in for 3.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The only thing paranormal here is the fact that people spend money on this garbage. The first one wasn't good so I am willing to bet the 3rd one will suck as much or more as the first two. It's already been done, nothing is a surprise. I rather watch the "real" videos on youtube.

VasiliosK

Established Member
wow i just saw it and they build up the suspense like crazy in this one and at the time you least expect it the ending 15 minutes hits and its messedddd up....

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
wow i just saw it and they build up the suspense like crazy in this one and at the time you least expect it the ending 15 minutes hits and its messedddd up....

Messed up? So is it good or what? Is it scary? It doesn't seem like anyone minds you posting a spoiler

Kiohtee

Established Member
NO SPOILERS!

I go to the theater for a reason. Please? And yea, I've heard the last 15 minutes are intense. I may just have to overlook this thread until after the movie.

VasiliosK

Established Member
Messed up? So is it good or what? Is it scary? It doesn't seem like anyone minds you posting a spoiler

Yeah it was pretty good, the ending was freaky as hell! You don't expect the ending at all, it creeped me out honestly. Obviously the movie is similar to the first two with all the suspense build up, but the end was just like wtf. I don't want to go into detail though and spoil it.

Oh yeah and the trailer is very deceiving... not much is in it from the trailer..

Last edited:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Well, damn. Based on your response it seems like I may have to see this one. How would you compare it to the others?

Kiohtee

Established Member
With the past two most of the good chit was showed via the previews, and there wasn't a whole whole lot. PA3 shows off a lot more and you still say there's a good bit more to it?

I'm stoked!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
NO SPOILERS!

I go to the theater for a reason. Please? And yea, I've heard the last 15 minutes are intense. I may just have to overlook this thread until after the movie.

Its a fake ghost! Oh, sorry.

01svtL

Established Member
Yea the latest advertisements for it say "the last 15 minutes of the movie will mess you up for life."

I watched the second one at night in my living room, with my room mate's $8,000 surround sound turned waaay up. Yea, it even made my dog jump and bark several times. There were a few times that I thought the windows were going to blow out from the sudden loud bangs!

Kiohtee

Established Member
PA3 is pretty freaking awesome guys! I do wonder how they do some of the things they do.

BTW, I'm not sleeping for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread