Anyone dealing with anger issues?

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
None here. Learn to not give a ****. It goes a very long way in terms of attaining inner peace.

Last edited:

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I'm only gonna say a few things here. I can see it in posts by certain members (two who posted in this thread) along with many others. I used to be a complete hot head, maturity must take that away. Nothing is that serious to get that upset about, really. Life happens, shit happens, deal with and move on. OP, you're more than welcome to PM your number if you want to talk. I've gone through this myself, my kids. Keep in mind, my youngest is 29, so I may have some input.

What is ****s sake are you talkin about???

I'm just kidding. I know I'm on that list but it's all good.

CV355

_
Established Member
Glad to help. I hope the kava/valerian help you. They made a world of difference with me.

I have 2 bosses and am responsible for upwards of 20 projects at any given time. It's not uncommon for me to get ganged up on about the juggling game. That gets my blood boiling. One kava tea and I'm calm as can be- I can actually feel the stress go away within 5 minutes of drinking it.

$9 at a Vitaminshop or GNC can get you both teas and pay taxes. $9. Try getting a prescription with no side effects for $9. :)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I ****n hate everyone but I take my anger out at the gym on the weights. I lift 4 days a week for one and a half hours of serious lifting. I pay a pro for my workout routines and eat real clean thanks to a great wife.

I truly believe if it were not for the gym and lifting I'd be in jail for murder or be dead.

This is my therapy.

Ditto.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
I routinely work 60-90hrs a week (100-110's have happened).
I sleep 3-4hrs max per day
I drink coffee, water, and tea. That's it
I'm a walking ball of stress.

But, this thread isn't about me. It's about OP. I have some advice. I'm not an expert at stress/anger management, but these are some tricks that have helped me retain sanity:

Stress Management:
1) Breathing exercises. Simple. Ignore everything else around you. Inhale, and make it last 10 seconds, pause for 5 seconds when your lungs are full, exhale for 10 seconds. Do this until the stress/anger subsides. If you are really worked up and feel out of breath, do 5-5-5 until you can do 10-5-10. If you can, try to do 15-5-15. If you find that you are stammering breaths while inhaling, that means it is working- you'll feel the anger/stress go away as the breaths become more controlled. This has helped stop me from punching stupid people. Focus on the breathing and nothing else. It's like magic.

2) Tea. Kava and Valerian. Kava tea is excellent for stress/anger and tastes great. It cools me right down- even makes stress-related chest pains go away. Pill forms are available for kava, but they are very expensive ($40 for a month's supply), and they are high-test. DO NOT drink alcohol when using Kava or it can amplify liver damage. On it's own, non-interacted, kava is 100% safe. The tea is harmless in all forms.

Valerian is great if you take it 1hr before you need to sleep. Valerian smells awful but tastes earthy- mix in honey and it helps. It will knock you into a very deep sleep and you will wake up very refreshed (do NOT drive). A good sleep helps me keep the stress/anger levels down.

3) Do you use any stimulants? (caffeine / nicotine?). My only vice is coffee. I lived on caffeine since I was 14- often hitting 2000+mg of caffeine per day throughout college (I worked 50hrs/wk on top of college for an engineering degree). Not good. I have cut back to 120mg MAX (1 full cup of coffee) and it made a major difference. Stimulants do not help with stress, even if we think they do.

4) Exercise. If I get in a good workout, I am happy as a clam for a while.

5) This is a weird one- not for everyone. I got into very, very spicy foods for the stress-relieving aspect. Hot wings so hot you worry you'll melt the toilet- the pain releases endorphins the same way a good workout does. Pop a tums, get a glass of whole milk, and chow down on some hot wings. I would chop up and sear scorpion peppers into hamburger patties and top it with mango-habanero salsa. Flavor and heat. My wife was shocked at how happy I was after eating one of those burgers from hell. Work your way up or you'll regret it in the morning... ;)

6) Introspection. Sometimes we do things that increase stress/anger subconsciously. In my case, I would grind my teeth and inadvertently tighten my upper ab muscles. This lead to migraines and chest pains (often misdiagnosed, btw). If you do a quick self-analysis, you might find habits that only add to the stress/anger.

Stress/anger kick in the stress-response from the body. We get a jolt of adrenaline for fight-or-flight. This narrows our perspective. I notice it a lot while driving, in fact, it's the reason I gave up motorcycles. I'd be cruising along and some jackass would pull a stunt and almost whack into me. Adrenaline. Boom. Now, my perspective changes and it feels like EVERYONE is out to get me. Response = more throttle. Now I'm exacerbating the situation because my perspective was altered, but you don't see it at the time- your body/mind are in survival mode.

I'm working through stress/anger management myself. I hope this helps you, OP, and good luck!

Dude you need to find yourself another job. That's not physically nor mentally healthy.

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
Op,

It may be something as simple as high blood pressure. When mine is high, I seem to get irritated easily.

MG0h3

Established Member
I was very hot hotted from 15-40 years old. A lot of cardio and strength training exercise has helped me calm down. However, once you reach 40 and start to see people around your age start to die or become ill life has a different prospective. I'm 46 now i can give **** if my lawn is cut or trimmed. Nothing bothers me as much anymore .. i wake up everyday, workout, i'm still employed, wife ,kids and i are happy and healthy. I get buzzed on the weekends drink and eat up and hopefully i can wake up and start my weekly routine over again. Also testosterone is a function of anger as you get older you lose testosterone which will decrease your anger

I'm only gonna say a few things here. I can see it in posts by certain members (two who posted in this thread) along with many others. I used to be a complete hot head, maturity must take that away. Nothing is that serious to get that upset about, really. Life happens, shit happens, deal with and move on. OP, you're more than welcome to PM your number if you want to talk. I've gone through this myself, my kids. Keep in mind, my youngest is 29, so I may have some input.

I think the above are the two main things that have cooled me off a bit. Who knows if its actually age related, or if since youve been around longer and dealt with more "stuff", the little things that would fire you up arent that important anymore. I think I would just stress over things more than I needed to or was healthy. Probably came out as anger towards the third party.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I would suggest going to a therapist. I have been in over 200 hours of therapy over my lifetime for my issues. I had intermittent explosive disorder and have gotten violent which has put me in jail and effected my life in many ways.

I get upset at just about everything and it's normal for me. I usually am the most upset driving since most people have zero clue what they are doing on the road. I especially hate the buys that tail gate. I've nearly jumped out of the car and screamed at people at stop lights that must be within 2 inches of my bumper but my wife being with me helps. Same with the dicks and big trucks.

You have to stop and think about the situation before getting angry. Easier said than done but practice makes perfect as they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Reading this thread explains a lot about some of you. OP, have you tried cannabis?

Coiled03

Established Member
I can't really tell if I have anger management issues, or just normal reactions to things that piss off most people.

Regardless, props to OP for realizing a potential issue, and asking for help, whether it be from a forum of anonymous people, or a professional. It takes real courage to do that, imho.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I tell people a temper and a name is the only thing I ever got from my dad.

When I was a teen I would lose my shit over just about anything. One day I got mad and punched a fence I think. That was the moment I realized that the only thing that resulted from that was a hurt hand. The "problem" I thought I had was still there and I still needed to deal with it in some form or fashion. I decided that night that I was done with that. Now (almost 40) when I feel that coming on I stop talking to prevent something stupid and hurtful from coming out, take a deep breath and try to relax. During marriage counseling (unrelated to the temper) our therapist told us to count things around us when you start to get wound up and it will make the brain concentrate on that and less on the being wound up. You have to do it out loud, 1 chair, 2 door, 3 light and so on until you calm down.

Good luck on finding a solution to a problem most won't admit that they have. If you can't figure it out on your own go talk to a pro. You would be surprised how stupid the things that make you mad sound when you say it out loud to someone. We ended up laughing at most of it because it just didn't make sense.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I'm super short fused and am going to counseling for it. I was able to contain it for a while working out but now with the 'American dream' that I have it boils over too much. I'm not violent toward my Wife or children but I am very intimidating and hate when I get like that. I'm working on techniques to help me control it. I'm trying to vote with it to be a better father.

Last edited:

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
over the course of my life, a hot temper has come and gone. now looking back in retrospect, i find that the more i'm unhappy about things in life (financial situation, living situation, girlfriend drama, career issues) the more i'm quick tempered, and when my life is heading in a more positive direction it's much easier to brush things off.

maybe your temper is a sign that things aren't going the way you want them to, and it's time for a change somewhere.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
I ****n hate everyone but I take my anger out at the gym on the weights. I lift 4 days a week for one and a half hours of serious lifting. I pay a pro for my workout routines and eat real clean thanks to a great wife.

I truly believe if it were not for the gym and lifting I'd be in jail for murder or be dead.

This is my therapy.
what the hell is going on in that .gif. Did she get BSOD?

Also, seconded on gym resolves angry.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Well being over 40 and probably lower testosterone hasn't helped me. I'm 52 and I can flip my shit over certain things. Usually I don't think I really have any stress but the wife has been a little problematic lately and it seems even moderate stress puts me on the edge. I wish I knew what to do about it. PIIHB is not the answer so.

Sn95Snake

Established Member

This is my therapy.

Pretty much this, weight training has helped me relax a lot in the last couple years.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I have 2 groundhogs digging holes all over my ****ing yard.Any angry guys selling Dynomite and some weed.

Users who are viewing this thread