Anyone DD a newer GTI?

Never_Enough

Established Member
The interior was bleh compared to what?
I was driving a 335xi at the time so maybe I was biased. I was not impressed with the car in any way. It was very boring. I didn't get to thrash good turning so maybe it would have done well there.

All I ever hear is how the GTI's interior is leaps and bounds better than anything in its class and rivals the interiors of much more expensive cars.
SUch as what expensive cars? I would not trade that new Vw interior for my 2007 335xi's.

What was it that you didn't enjoy? I'm not too concerned with how much "balls" it has, if I'm disappointed there are plenty of remedies in that department however that shouldn't be much of a concern.

I didn't enjoy anything about the car. It looked cool on the outside, but I had ZERO fun driving it. Have you looked at the Mazdaspeed6? I miss mine.

Never_Enough

Established Member
The GTI interior is great for the price. I think it would look and feel more at home in an Audi, rather than a VW...

What? Hell no. :nonono: I love me some new S4 (S5 had too much body roll), but if you put the GTI interior in it then I'm out. :lol:

Never_Enough

Established Member
+1. The interior of my Jetta is great. Obviously it's only a mid $20's car, so it is not going to be over the top, but it rivals the interior of the '03 540i M-Sport that I traded for it. Some days I enjoy the Jetta interior even more than the BMW's. But this is just my personal opinion.

So a brand new car interior rivals a 10 year old interior? LOL

As I said above, I would take the interior in my previous 2007 335 over a new GTI.

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
56332349.jpg

56332367.jpg

65993180.jpg

Looks pretty nice to me for the price. I'd certainly compare that to a 3 series. The front seats look 10x better IMO.

As for the car being boring and vague to drive, I will have to see what it's like myself. I appreciate the input, it's nice to hear from people who have driven them and it's always nice to hear flaws before purchasing something. I will have a better idea of what to look for and expect when I do make it to the VW dealer.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Here's a pic of ny 03 (not an actual pic but exact same interior, 03 gti 20th ae )

Edit: for some reason tapatalk isn't hosting my picture so you'll have to.google it.

Stupidity brought to you by Tapatalk

Last edited:

scn

Established Member
Well, I've had two different experiences with two 2012 GTIs. First one was all sorts of problems. The DSG refused to shift up past 4th several times, electrical gremlins, turbo blown..... Returned it under the lemon law with 1200 miles on the clock. Picked up a '12 GTI 4dr with a six speed. The car was awesome, not one problem. Got T-boned at 16,000 miles by some high school chick talking on her cell phone:fm:. I really miss that car.

Users who are viewing this thread