Anyone buy a Nintendo Switch yet?

deletednow2017

Established Member

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Are there any rumors about a tweaked or improved Switch (better screen, improved batter life, more powerful hardware, etc) for the holiday season? Trying to figure out if I should pick one up now or wait a bit.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ just get it now. Chances are the new one will be expensive and sold out. I got mine back during the craze, only paid retail too. Dont play it anymore.LOL

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
^ just get it now. Chances are the new one will be expensive and sold out. I got mine back during the craze, only paid retail too. Dont play it anymore.LOL

So you’re saying there is a new one in the works?

You selling yours?

Zodiac

Established Member
Apparently there is no new one in the works. There is currently a hardware vulnerability that allows the owner to hack their console which will allow homebrew, pirated games, etc. It can't be patched and the only way for Nintendo to fix it is to work with Nvidia and revise the Tegra chip.

That is the only revision I see coming.

SlySy

My son watches My Little Pony???wtf
Established Member

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Switch is selling very well and I'd argue the numbers have surprised Nintendo to the point where there isn't a rush to make a revised edition.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I bought one just to play Bayonetta 2 and now 3. Most of the games don't interest me, and a ton on the e-Shop look like straight shovelware.

That being said, I haven't used the thing in months.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
If this was Sony or Microsoft, I’d agree. But Nintendo loves making multiple variants of even their most popular consoles. Hell, look at the development cycle of the DS. Seems like Nintendo is dropping a new version like Apple does iPhones.

But yeah, I’ll probably just pick up a current one with Osyssey, Zelda, Octopath Travelers, and Dead Cells and accomplish nothing else for the next year.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought one just to play Bayonetta 2 and now 3. Most of the games don't interest me, and a ton on the e-Shop look like straight shovelware.

That being said, I haven't used the thing in months.

If Friday the 13th was on Switch, I'd hardly play my X1. Between Destiny 2 and Friday and We Happy Few I'm not playing much more. besides older titles. I'm also playing Sonic Mania but that is on Switch too if I was so inclined.

Zodiac

Established Member
I got my switch for $50 when gamestop had a promo to trade in an old PS4 for $250 trade in value towards the switch. My son got one for Christmas and he loves it. Plays Kirby, Mario, Pokemon quest, etc. He's excited for the pokemon game coming out this fall.

I got mine since the ps4 was sitting ever since I bought the PS4 pro. Mine currently doesn't get much use since right now. I'm waiting for Zelda to go back on sale as well as octopath traveler. My most anticipated game is Monster Hunter that comes out later this month. Not sure how I will adjust after spending 500+ hours on Monster Hunter World, but I can't get enough of that series.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I got my switch for $50 when gamestop had a promo to trade in an old PS4 for $250 trade in value towards the switch. My son got one for Christmas and he loves it. Plays Kirby, Mario, Pokemon quest, etc. He's excited for the pokemon game coming out this fall.

I got mine since the ps4 was sitting ever since I bought the PS4 pro. Mine currently doesn't get much use since right now. I'm waiting for Zelda to go back on sale as well as octopath traveler. My most anticipated game is Monster Hunter that comes out later this month. Not sure how I will adjust after spending 500+ hours on Monster Hunter World, but I can't get enough of that series.

I see a lot of people talking g about Monster Hunger but have never even so much as looked into it or watched gameplay. What is it? JRPG like Final Fantasy?

Zodiac

Established Member
I see a lot of people talking g about Monster Hunger but have never even so much as looked into it or watched gameplay. What is it? JRPG like Final Fantasy?
Far from it. It's an action game, very challenging to learn, but oh so rewarding. Definitely look up gameplay and download a demo if available.

Users who are viewing this thread