Anyone built an Exocet kit car?

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these? Planning on building with my 14 yo son. He is not really a "builder" type person, but want him to have at least a little competency with some tools.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I haven't built one but it looks very easy and straightforward. It'll definitely show your son that cars aren't much more than nuts, bolts, glue, and wires. I can't think of a better project for a father and son to do since you'll be building, then driving your own creation. Also, there looks to be a lot of info and support online so go for it.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't built one but it looks very easy and straightforward. It'll definitely show your son that cars aren't much more than nuts, bolts, glue, and wires. I can't think of a better project for a father and son to do since you'll be building, then driving your own creation. Also, there looks to be a lot of info and support online so go for it.
Awesome. Rather do the one you are doing/did but that may have to wait until they are out of college…

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I had seen the Exocet before and was familiar with what they were, but didn't realize that was how easy and simple they were to build. That looks like a blast and a great option!

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these? Planning on building with my 14 yo son. He is not really a "builder" type person, but want him to have at least a little competency with some tools.
This is exactly what I planned on doing with my kiddo, never even considered a kit car. Gonna have some reading to do at Taekwando.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
That looks fun as hell! And expensive too I assume.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Really seems like one of the cheaper options out there. I am going to try to keep it under $20k and go base with my son. Add turbo and other goodies later. I really want to do a factory five hot rod but that looks like minimum $50k for some reasonable options. I have a line but haven’t bought a good low mileage Miata donor. I guess I am old and do the night cat scene but Jesus there are a shit ton of ragged out miatas.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
7EA98DEA-7C42-44E8-A7BD-FA13C6716034.jpeg

Well shit. I guess this is happening. It has a white steering wheel. Lmao.

blk02edge

Established Member
I've got a friend who built one for track only purposes. He went crazy on his, could have bought an Ariel Atom for what he's into it for.

But will be a good project and honestly a much easier to drive.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I've got a friend who built one for track only purposes. He went crazy on his, could have bought an Ariel Atom for what he's into it for.

But will be a good project and honestly a much easier to drive.
Crazy but I had two neighbors with Atoms. One spun it a week after having it. Shit his pants and sold it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Saw a guy driving an Atom years back through downtown Seattle wearing a helmet. Probably some Amazon higher.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
They are not for inexperienced drivers... pretty brutal chassis dynamics.
Yeah. These two are going through exotics all the time, but I don’t think they are really racers. He said it was twitchy as hell. My kids like checking out there cars though.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
0DF571B6-114C-4E43-87C8-05FC0510D945.jpeg

Here is the real reason I bought this car. Has a higher end turbo setup that is almost brand new and just installed a couple months ago. Drivetrain has 90k and compression seems to be good. Rest of the car is a total pos.

Users who are viewing this thread