Anyone been on KBB lately?

snakezilla

Established Member
Did the price on terminators go up?:shrug: I remember they were valued for less a couple of years back. I checked the value on mine based on condition and miles and I was surprised at the value it had.

Last edited:

zinc

Established Member
Yes but this value is what the bank is willing to loan on it! So that helps drive the market up a little because now a buyer wont have to front as much cash!

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Gotta Look at supply and demand economics.
Its a model with High demand and unfortunately, a suspect supply.
Lets face it alot of these cars are beat. Owners race them=decrease in a quality supply. Owners use them as Daily drivers=decrease in a quality supply. Engines are changed out and guess what, decrease in a quality supply. You could come up with a half dozen more examples like this as well.
But, at the end of the day its just as LUBaseball2 says. "The value is what someones will willing to pay for it."

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yes but this value is what the bank is willing to loan on it! So that helps drive the market up a little because now a buyer wont have to front as much cash!

Ehhhhh, have to disagree. Most banks are going to get real tight lending on the 8+ model year old car. Those with CU's won't have an issue but in general most won't be able to run down to the bank and get financed.

KBB is useless. I agree with the post "the value is what someone is willing to pay for it".

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
ehhhhh, have to disagree. Most banks are going to get real tight lending on the 8+ model year old car. Those with cu's won't have an issue but in general most won't be able to run down to the bank and get financed.

Kbb is useless. I agree with the post "the value is what someone is willing to pay for it".

x2

dom418

Established Member
As said above the issue is getting finacing on a car that is 8 years old. Most people looking to buy are going to want to finance and since KBB is useless and buyers are paying more than KBB it becomes a matter of putting up enough cash to get the loan. I still think the value for clean and unmolested cars will always be there and the guys buying those cars have the cash to pay the extra money for them.

mrose75

Established Member
Yes the value is what someone is willing to pay for it. And yes, according to KBB, they are worth more than what they previously have been. I don't remember exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure it's higher than what it was. What that means to owners..... I don't know.

cbr repsol

Established Member
18960.00 for mine with current mileage at 74600, perfect condition. I did i a few months ago and it was around 20k so i would say it went down.:shrug:

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I was looking at both KBB and Nada guides because I'm considering selling mine. If you buy the car private party, the state RMV/DMV uses the Nada guides to determine sales tax. They are guides are setting the market but I don't really hold much weight to them ultimately the car is worth what the buyer and seller agree to.

Users who are viewing this thread