Anybody with 96 to 98's do anything Different to the Stock Black Hood Vents?

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
< Also had to perform surgery on my underhood.....Mach 1 engine + tubular K + 98 Cobra = no.

Then proceeded to run a 7/8" spacer with a VIS CF hood....and had to cut out A LOT of material...

SNAKEYE

Established Member
With a nod to the name SNAKEYE I painted the snorkel vent inserts to look like a snake eye and inserted three LED's in each.
2ngzbis.jpg

A set of three are in series with a resistor to drop the voltage to the set to about 6.5 volts. The center LED is a flasher so when it flashes all three flash. Each set, left and right, is connected to the front turnsignal and sidemarker light circuits via a set of diodes to prevent backfeed between the turnsignal and sidemarker light circuits. The LED's are switched on by either side turnsignal or the parking lights. A switch in the ground circuit can turn everything off when the cops complain.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Snake eye, could you take a pic from further back? Maybe a demonstration video too? lol I'm curious as to how it looks.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Here's a video I took some time back:
View My Video
I could probably do better with my new camera but the weather here has be awful.
I'll see if I can get a more frontal closeup tomorrow.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
The other day I used a dremel and cut 2 pretty big holes where the nostrils are. Hoping the holes let some of the hot engine air out. Can't wait til summer to see. I've heard that people can see steam coming out the nostrils when they are stopped.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
The other day I used a dremel and cut 2 pretty big holes where the nostrils are. Hoping the holes let some of the hot engine air out. Can't wait til summer to see. I've heard that people can see steam coming out the nostrils when they are stopped.

i can sure feel the heat pouring out its insane im sure it will lower under hood temps a bit

SNAKEYE

Established Member

Hmmm, steam coming out from under the hood eh? Can't be a good thing!

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
not steam...heat waves. It's true. I did this to mine...Not sure if it's beneficial, but I'm sure the Cobra likes the breathing room.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
not steam...heat waves. It's true. I did this to mine...Not sure if it's beneficial, but I'm sure the Cobra likes the breathing room.

Lol thanks man. Heat waves is what I meant haha. Steam wouldn't be very good!

And to the guy with the "Eyes" in his hood openings. I'm not really a fan, but it's definitely different. The problem is that it's different in a not so good kind of way.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member

Dude.. that is totally bad ass! hahaha

Anyone have closer pics of the nostrils without the inserts? :beer:

Snakeye, not my particular tastes, but props for trying it out!

Users who are viewing this thread