Anybody with 96 to 98's do anything Different to the Stock Black Hood Vents?

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I was wondering if anybody has ever came up with any ideas to do something different to the 96 to 98 Stock Hood Vents?The Black is O.K I guess but I was thinking maybe Carbon Fiber,or some type of Chrome or Polished Piece would look good.I remember seeing a 98 BAB Cobra a long time ago in one of the Mustang Mag's,and he had what looked like the Stock Pieces Chromed.I thought it looked pretty good,so if you know of something different,have an idea,or did something yourself let me see..

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Way to much chrome. Leave them black or put a cowl hood on it if you want something different. I can't think of a single thing that would make the stock hood look better:rockon:

ARdoller

Established Member
every once in a while i see someone put LED's/neons in the inserts. i wouldnt ever do it, but it can look neat sometimes.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I cut the inderside of the hood to draw in cool air and make them somewhat functional

Same here did it this weekend i opened the holes up a good amount with my roto zip(damn fiberglass splinters all over my arms) works perfect without the hood blanket im sure it will help cool the engine compartment a lot. Also i removed the plastic insets(tiny little holes all over it) and just left them open.

allgo90

Established Member
Same here did it this weekend i opened the holes up a good amount with my roto zip(damn fiberglass splinters all over my arms) works perfect without the hood blanket im sure it will help cool the engine compartment a lot. Also i removed the plastic insets(tiny little holes all over it) and just left them open.

post some pics!:rockon:

Doc.stang

Established Member
same here did it this weekend i opened the holes up a good amount with my roto zip(damn fiberglass splinters all over my arms) works perfect without the hood blanket im sure it will help cool the engine compartment a lot. Also i removed the plastic insets(tiny little holes all over it) and just left them open.

post some pics!:rockon:

2+!!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
My passenger side vent = removed.

I had to grind it off and the underside of my hood to get my motor to fit.

cf Cowl hood...here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread