Anybody special order a '13 yet?

RSKtakR

Established Member
I ordered mine two weeks ago, I'm told Labor Day.......

wait, you are THE David Buschur?? I spent plenty of $$ for go fast parts from your shop when I was building DSM's lol. making any go fast mustang parts? :)

I ordered my 2013 on 7/13 was told 6-8 wks from then I would take delievery, was told last week that I should have my VIN next week. I ordered a 301a with the track pack, Applink, and Recaro's.. and I also came across a thread on some Mustang website about ordering a 2013 GT with the track pack, that said Ford was running into a shortage of the springs, struts, and shocks for the track pack GT's, and that they were using the springs, shocks, and struts from the BOSS 302 cars if the Track Pack equipped car was ordered in between certain dates.. wonder if my car would fall into this group? OR is this HIGHLY unlikely? Can anyone confirm or deny this 100%??

ViciousJay

Established Member
wait, you are THE David Buschur?? I spent plenty of $$ for go fast parts from your shop when I was building DSM's lol. making any go fast mustang parts? :)

I ordered my 2013 on 7/13 was told 6-8 wks from then I would take delievery, was told last week that I should have my VIN next week. I ordered a 301a with the track pack, Applink, and Recaro's.. and I also came across a thread on some Mustang website about ordering a 2013 GT with the track pack, that said Ford was running into a shortage of the springs, struts, and shocks for the track pack GT's, and that they were using the springs, shocks, and struts from the BOSS 302 cars if the Track Pack equipped car was ordered in between certain dates.. wonder if my car would fall into this group? OR is this HIGHLY unlikely? Can anyone confirm or deny this 100%??

they arent, they simply put everyone on hold, thats why i pulled out. I heard the same rumor but sniffed it out more and came out with nothing

DTL

Established Member
I ordered my '13 GT w/ Track Package on 7/5. I was told 8 weeks. No VIN yet.

macbar13

Established Member
My 13 GT prem 401a, 6spd, track pack, comfort was ordered on 7/11. Was told orders were running 6-8 weeks. I have a feeling it's going to be a little longer, but you never know. I agreed to $250 over invoice. I guess I could have bargained a little harder, but I'm ok with close to invoice.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Picked up my car on Friday, exactly 6 weeks to the day from when the dealership placed the order with Ford.

Good luck to those of you still waiting. It will definitely be worth it!

4TEHW

Established Member
Picked up my car on Friday, exactly 6 weeks to the day from when the dealership placed the order with Ford.

Good luck to those of you still waiting. It will definitely be worth it!

What was your model, packages, etc.?

It sounds like certain packages are holding things up, so I'd be curious to know how yours was configured to verify that.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
What was your model, packages, etc.?

It sounds like certain packages are holding things up, so I'd be curious to know how yours was configured to verify that.

301A, Brembo, Reverse sensor/security package, all weather mats, stone interior.

I've heard that Recaros have been on shortage, and that was delaying things.

4TEHW

Established Member
301A, Brembo, Reverse sensor/security package, all weather mats, stone interior.

I've heard that Recaros have been on shortage, and that was delaying things.

OK, cool - and yeah, that's all I've been told. People have been commenting about the track package being on back order as well, but all I was told was that the Recaro seats were causing a delay.

I still have no VIN, and no concrete ETA on my car. I've been pretty patient up to this point, but it's starting to slip. Heh.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
OK, cool - and yeah, that's all I've been told. People have been commenting about the track package being on back order as well, but all I was told was that the Recaro seats were causing a delay.

I still have no VIN, and no concrete ETA on my car. I've been pretty patient up to this point, but it's starting to slip. Heh.
Just keep your eye on the prize. The last couple of days I was becoming ecstatic. I was driving a rental car for 2 weeks because my truck was totaled before my car arrived. Had I had my truck, I wouldn't have minded waiting.

I heard the suspension was delayed too. Didn't ever see that confirmed, but heard they were supplementing it with Boss springs. Interesting. LOL

4TEHW

Established Member
Just keep your eye on the prize. The last couple of days I was becoming ecstatic. I was driving a rental car for 2 weeks because my truck was totaled before my car arrived. Had I had my truck, I wouldn't have minded waiting.

I heard the suspension was delayed too. Didn't ever see that confirmed, but heard they were supplementing it with Boss springs. Interesting. LOL

Yeah, technically I'm in no rush, but I'd like to sell/trade in my current car, which has 116k and climbing miles on it. It's just becoming worth less every day, which is the only part that bugs me.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yeah, technically I'm in no rush, but I'd like to sell/trade in my current car, which has 116k and climbing miles on it. It's just becoming worth less every day, which is the only part that bugs me.
Talk with your dealer and see if you can get an appraisal locked in on the car if you put a deposit down on the Mustang. And just say that if you do back out, then the appraisal will be void. They might go for that if you are up front with them.

RSKtakR

Established Member
Talk with your dealer and see if you can get an appraisal locked in on the car if you put a deposit down on the Mustang. And just say that if you do back out, then the appraisal will be void. They might go for that if you are up front with them.

My dealer said they would hold my trade value, and NOT require me to leave a deposit. Which surprised me, but IF I was to back out its not like they wouldn't be able to sell that car that same day I'm sure.

91Gtturbo

Established Member
I'm on week 6 or 7, possibly even 8 at this point. I honestly can't remember the date, I can remember I was told 5 weeks though. The last update I had was build date on 6/1, delivery in late June. I'm trying not to think about it at this point but my coworkers aren't making is easy by asking me about it every day.

Mine finally made it last Friday which ended up being 3 months and a couple of days. I ordered a SG, A6, convenience package, remote start, 401A package. The dealer is installing 3.55's and window tint before I take delivery. After all this wait, I left for vacation on Saturday so I won't take delivery until this Saturday.

4TEHW

Established Member
Mine finally made it last Friday which ended up being 3 months and a couple of days. I ordered a SG, A6, convenience package, remote start, 401A package. The dealer is installing 3.55's and window tint before I take delivery. After all this wait, I left for vacation on Saturday so I won't take delivery until this Saturday.

Hrm, fun. Any reasons as to why yours took so long? It doesn't look like you have any of the reported "delayed" parts.

91Gtturbo

Established Member
Hrm, fun. Any reasons as to why yours took so long? It doesn't look like you have any of the reported "delayed" parts.

Unfortunately my dealership wasn't good at providing me with information so I had no clue what caused the delay. Does allocation effect when a customer order is placed because they did mention at one point that they were out for the year?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Unfortunately my dealership wasn't good at providing me with information so I had no clue what caused the delay. Does allocation effect when a customer order is placed because they did mention at one point that they were out for the year?

Yeah, allocation basically means whether or not Ford will allow them to place the order. Typically, other dealers will sometimes swap cars if another customer wants one, and in return either get an allocation spot to replace that car, or another car.

91Gtturbo

Established Member
Yeah, allocation basically means whether or not Ford will allow them to place the order. Typically, other dealers will sometimes swap cars if another customer wants one, and in return either get an allocation spot to replace that car, or another car.

Good to know. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread