Anybody know Mushrooms?

04YellowGT

Established Member
Found these in the back edge of my yard. I did some looking on line and I think they are shaggy mane. Some sites said they were edible and others said they weren't. My fiancee made me throw them out but was just curious.

IMG_0591.gif

IMG_0590.gif

IMG_0589.gif

blueovalfan

Established Member
I'm a novice and I do some mushroom hunting every once in a while, these are the only ones I pick and eat.
morel.jpg

dooberGN

Established Member
Those are shaggy mane for sure though. You can tell by the inky black on the bottom. If you let them sit they should liquify into a inky black liquid.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I found some mushrooms growing by my house several years back, and I took them to my HS Biology teacher to identify. Turns out they were hallucinogenic LOL

I'll see if I can remember what they were and report back, but they were pretty big-white trunk, brown underneath, red to yellow fade on the top and what looked like oatmeal sprinkled on the top, if anyone can identify from that description. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you are not familiar with a wild mushroom, DO NOT eat it. Just a couple of weeks ago there was a news report where a person almost died because they picked mushrooms in their backyard. Turned out they were poisonous. If you like mushrooms, safe road is to your local supermarket.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
If you are not familiar with a wild mushroom, DO NOT eat it. Just a couple of weeks ago there was a news report where a person almost died because they picked mushrooms in their backyard. Turned out they were poisonous. If you like mushrooms, safe road is to your local supermarket.

Bob's got it.

Sneak them into a local supermarket and start recording the local news.

Users who are viewing this thread