Anybody get pulled over going 100-150MPH??

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
161 mph (indicated) on the bike i flew by a cop hidden in the bushes. i let go of the throttle and saw in my side mirror that he turned his lights on and i saw dirt/smoke as he peeled out after me.

highway was open and i knew id be going to jail. ny cops are NOT friendly.
i laid back onto it and got off the 3rd exit.
made a right, and got back on highway going the other way.

don't know what ever happened to the cop, but that was the closest i ever came to getting caught in a high speed run.

other than that my highest was an 80 in a 65. nothing crazy.

That's funny. I think at 160MPH, you might as well keep going. That was risky going back the other way though. If I was a cop, I wouldn't even bother pulling out....is it really worth it?? Are you really gonna catch a bike?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I got caught running from them here in FL.

Lucky for them, I was in my civic and the cobra was at home in the garage. They didnt have their lights on but I knew he was coming for me so I just took off. He finally got me when I was pulling into my buddies house about 3 miles from when it started. He and 3 other cops came FLYING up. Threw me on the car tried to give me a DUI, this and that. I walked away with a street racing ticket, speeding, and running a stop sign. $1500 to my lawyer later I had to take an Advance driving class, and pay court cost.

About a year later, I was being a complete idiot and doing doughnuts in the cobra at 2 am in the middle of a busy popular intersection. Its like 3 lanes on each side. I never done doughnuts in the car before so I was excited doing them all over. lol retard, but I eventually pulled into a gas station and turned the car off and took the keys out At that time 2 cops come flying up. Turned out to be the same DUI cop I had delt with when I ran from him in my civic. They looked at me and just said "Park the car right there and call a ride. " I said "My gf's already on the way" He responds with "Thats the best decision you have made all night" they jumped back in their cars and hauled ass. My GF got there and drove the cobra home, and my buddy drove her car home.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I got busted doing over 130mph in a 35mph zone a few years back. I had a shitty day at work and decided to blow off some steam on my way home. I blasted 1st through 4th and blew by a cop midway through 4th. The road was a long straight away with only a plant entrance on one side and a baseball complex on the other, many of us have used it to make pulls for datalogging for awhile. I let off at the top of 4th and let off putting the car in neutral, shorty after I looked back and saw him just pulling onto the road. I knew he was coming for me so I coasted the remaining 1/4 mile or so to the complex and pulled in to park the car. I had my information out, the car off, and my hands out the window before he even pulled up. He was very stern at first and asked what the hell I was thinking. I briefly explained my day and that I figured it was a safe road to blow off some steam and feel like an idiot. He told me to get out the car and walk back to his car. Me figuring he was taking me to jail and towing my car asked if I could roll the windows up. He told me not to worry about that and just come back to the car. He explained to me how stupid that was even though I did think to take it off the beaten path, but he appreciated me not being even more irresponsible and trying to leave him. He let me know that he's pretty sure he would have never caught me and his jurisdiction ended about 200ft in front of me. Turns out he had an Evo and really loved my car. He says he knows local guys come out to the that road to have fun but we need to find a new place. He wound up giving me a $300 ticket with no points and said if I come to court he'll see to it that its cut in half, which he did. We ended up shooting the shit about the cars for about half an hour, really nice guy.

I've also been busted street racing on Kings Hwy during Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach a few years ago. I was playing around with a Procharger GT and SC281 Saleen and took it through the top of second. All three of us were pulled for 65mph in a 35mph. One of the guys with us was military and the cop saw all three of us were from Charleston so cut us a break and gave us a ticket for $74 and no points. He told us to take a little further away from the city and be safe.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Sounds like most of the cops are pretty cool with you guys. I've run into some cool ones before for 5-10 over, loud exhaust, running on a dealer plate, no insurance on me etc....once they see what kind of perso you are, and how you treat them means a lot.

Some of you are very lucky....lol

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
you guys have some really nice cops.

i got a ticket for 36 in a 30 once. yes, a real ticket.

For the most part I've met some nice cops that were lenient as long as I was polite and showed I was remorseful. But I've also met some they were assholes, I was hit for a 39mph in a 35mph because they officer "heard me speed up after I passed him at 35mph". To top it off it was at 2:00 in the morning with literally nobody on the road. He was like a robot and literally performed the traffic stop right out the handbook, any statement or question I asked he ignored.

i8urSS

Established Member
i was showing off one night to a girl and hit about 100 in a 45 but i did it while passing on a double solid line with a cop heading strait for me. i got over in time to see him whip it around right in the middle of the road so i pulled into a nearby church parking lot to wait for him. he wasnt expecting that and flew right past me. but i knew that would be too good to be true. he saw me pulled back around and got behind me to run my plates (which were expired). he was pretty pissed but wasnt able to clock me so i got a warning on passing on a double solid and a ticket for expired registration. but the car was in my dads so he signed it over to me and predated it to be before the ticket so i got off with only having to show the bill of sale and title.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
125mph in a 65... I got pulled over by a state trooper *general* in an undercover mustang. Hit with a 650$ ticket with drag racing. I appealed it and got it knocked down to 150! I said "do you seriously think the trooper was going to drag race me?" they said "no" so then I said "its just a speeding ticket then" So they knocked 500$ off. :)

asiancobra

PSN: new_edge_cobra
Established Member
For the most part I've met some nice cops that were lenient as long as I was polite and showed I was remorseful. But I've also met some they were assholes, I was hit for a 39mph in a 35mph because they officer "heard me speed up after I passed him at 35mph". To top it off it was at 2:00 in the morning with literally nobody on the road. He was like a robot and literally performed the traffic stop right out the handbook, any statement or question I asked he ignored.

i see your from charleston, hope to see your car around, when i come back atleast

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
i see your from charleston, hope to see your car around, when i come back atleast

I actually live in Summerville not too far from Ladson, let me know when you get back in town and we'll get some local guys together. I've actually seen your car around a few times awhile back, it looks good as hell!

Hardtopz28

Established Member
Got popped in houston on 59n bout 3am 127 in a 65. I was in my gt bout 5yrs ago. There was no one on the road so I decided to haul ass when I was comming over a bridge he was on the other side. I pulled over and put the keys on the roof and was on the ground with my hands behind my head before he pulled up. When he did he jammed his knee in my back put the cuffs on and was yelling the whole time so I knew I wasd goin to jail. When he ran my dl and seen I had a clean driving record he chilled out and calmly explained I could have killed someone or myself and since no one is on that road at night and I was on the ground and not running he was gonna give me a break and let me go with a warning. He was a cool cop.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Got popped in houston on 59n bout 3am 127 in a 65. I was in my gt bout 5yrs ago. There was no one on the road so I decided to haul ass when I was comming over a bridge he was on the other side. I pulled over and put the keys on the roof and was on the ground with my hands behind my head before he pulled up. When he did he jammed his knee in my back put the cuffs on and was yelling the whole time so I knew I wasd goin to jail. When he ran my dl and seen I had a clean driving record he chilled out and calmly explained I could have killed someone or myself and since no one is on that road at night and I was on the ground and not running he was gonna give me a break and let me go with a warning. He was a cool cop.

Not a bad idea, lol; I guess it worked...put the keys on the roof and lay down with your hands behind your head.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
90+ in a 65 racing a Mach1 (ex-friend). State Patrol got infront of us in the fast lane stopped, got out of his car, motioned us to the side of the road. I said f, this and took off. 150+ later and an entire county full of cops chasing I was sitting at home with my cobra in the garage. Eight days later the State patrol showed up at my house (I wasn't there). The ex-friend ratted me out to save his own a$$. The cops never caught me, but since they took warrants out I went down to the county jail and turned myself in. That had to be a rare occurance for them when I showed up. I was like "Excuse me Mam. I have a reservation." That was 4 years ago. Don't want to go through all that again.

Last edited:

USN_Stang28

Established Member
Speeddemon - As much as I've always wanted to run from the cops just to see how well I would do, it's always just been a thought. So either you're crazy as hell or just got some balls lol.

Anyways, I got pulled over when I had my GT going 115 in a 45. It was midnight and I was coming up to the 3 mile bridge in Pensacola and decided to gun it since no one was around (or so I thought). I got about half way across the bridge when I saw a black charger with lights coming at me. I never thought I'd be intimidated by a charger, but that scared the hell out of me. I pulled into a parking lot thinking I was going to jail. I gave him my military ID with the rest of my stuff. I guess he was just in a great mood because he said that we get as much hell as they do in that area, so he was going to take it easy on me and to just not do it again. Needless to say, I'm pretty damn careful when I drive anywhere now. Whether there's no one out or not.

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
8-9 Years ago in my Z28. 130-140ish by a Mass State trooper on I-91. He was a nice guy about it, laughed about waiting to pull me over until I got off an exit because he was afraid I would run on the highway. He lowered the ticket to 98mph but still gave me a "driving to endanger" or something like that. By the time I was done I lost my lic for a little while (partially due to previous violations) and paid $500+ in fines.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like some of you were lucky, I got a ticket for 85 in a 35. The road is only a 35 because it is up a steep hill with a slow left bend in it. and it was 12am and I was going home and got on it up the hill and he got me half way up the hill. and I only did it because it was late and there was nobody around. anyway he gave me a reckless driving ticket. Had to go to court and get a lawyer, he got it lowered. on the grounds if i get no more tickets in the next year that are 10 over the limit it will be reduced to neglegent. with a 250$ fine. but I have to also do 25 hours of community service and take a level 2 defensive driving 8 hour class.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Not on my Cobra but on my old GXSR. Got pulled over for doing 120 in a 60. I got wreckless driving (for doing a wheelie which i didn't do) and speeding. Best part is, the court messed up for setting up the trial on January 1st. Long story short, i ended up taking car defensive driving for it and everything got dropped:rockon:.

17yrsofcollege

...Ohhh Boy
Established Member
161 mph (indicated) on the bike i flew by a cop hidden in the bushes. i let go of the throttle and saw in my side mirror that he turned his lights on and i saw dirt/smoke as he peeled out after me.

highway was open and i knew id be going to jail. ny cops are NOT friendly.
i laid back onto it and got off the 3rd exit.
made a right, and got back on highway going the other way.

don't know what ever happened to the cop, but that was the closest i ever came to getting caught in a high speed run.

other than that my highest was an 80 in a 65. nothing crazy.

I woulda done the same thing:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread