Anybody get pulled over going 100-150MPH??

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Since we're on the topic of high speed runs....anybody ever get popped for it? If so:

How fast were you going in what MPH zone?

What happened?? Ticket, impounded, arrested, cop pist as all hell??? Explain...

How much did it cost you?

Give details.

RS22

Established Member
Got pulled over doing 85 in a 40 by a CHP but the cop was super cool (probably mid 20s in age). He bs'd w/ me about some tracks around the area to do some runs at since I told him I never get a chance to get on it and I just did a 2nd to 3rd gear pull on a straight away w/ no cars around. It also helped that he didn't have a radar gun on me he had just been parked on a side street and heard me fly by. Good thing he was cool too cuz I had no cats, no front license plate, and I got a letter in the mail the next day that my registration wasn't filled out correctly and I needed to change something and resubmit. I could have been royally ****ed and I only had the car for like a month or 2 @ the time.

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
My wife did, in her 04 Honda Accord LX..LOL She was going 110 in carpool lane and the cop was pissed!!! Ticket was about $500.00 and insurance went up..We were in a hurry and she didn't realize she was going that fast. This is why I don't drive my terminator too fast..I'm traumatized about getting a freakin ticket..lol

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
128 in a 50 or 55.
I pulled away from a light, ran through the top of 4th gear, slowed down for the next light and saw the cop coming hard in my rearview. He was PISSED! I honestly thought I was going to jail.
He let me go with a verbal warning. :banana:He said the car was pretty and he didn't want to see it wrapped around a pole. :shrug:

Tractionless1

Established Member
My wife did, in her 04 Honda Accord LX..LOL She was going 110 in carpool lane and the cop was pissed!!! Ticket was about $500.00 and insurance went up..We were in a hurry and she didn't realize she was going that fast. This is why I don't drive my terminator too fast..I'm traumatized about getting a freakin ticket..lol

BS its pretty easy to tell you are going that fast as you pass others doing 40mph more. She deserves what she got.

I was in court for 84mph in a 50mph (florida) on a bike, on a mining haul road, read NO ONE there. EVERYONE there was a dumbass doing over 100mph on I95 where the speedlimit is 65-70mph depending on where they are. The court system is too lenient almost all of them got no points and the minimum fine which is $335. :kaboom:

RS22

Established Member
BS its pretty easy to tell you are going that fast as you pass others doing 40mph more. She deserves what she got.

I was in court for 84mph in a 50mph (florida) on a bike, on a mining haul road, read NO ONE there. EVERYONE there was a dumbass doing over 100mph on I95 where the speedlimit is 65-70mph depending on where they are. The court system is too lenient almost all of them got no points and the minimum fine which is $335. :kaboom:

LOL agreed. 110 in a honda accord is going pretty fast for that little motor. I have a honda civic and when I get near 80 it feels like the car is doing some serious work. 110 would be easily noticeable.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member

LOL agreed. 110 in a honda accord is going pretty fast for that little motor. I have a honda civic and when I get near 80 it feels like the car is doing some serious work. 110 would be easily noticeable.

I know some stories sound like BS guys, but I don't want this thread getting hi-jacked and turned into a pissing contest.....Thank everybody for their stories, lets keep them coming. I'm very curious about this, because it's so damn tempting to do in a Termi, and feels so safe, but I just can't bring myself to doing it.

Kee 'em ccoming guys! :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
128 in a 50 or 55.
I pulled away from a light, ran through the top of 4th gear, slowed down for the next light and saw the cop coming hard in my rearview. He was PISSED! I honestly thought I was going to jail.
He let me go with a verbal warning. :banana:He said the car was pretty and he didn't want to see it wrapped around a pole. :shrug:

Trace, I'm sure that gorgeous car of yours DID win him over, but a nice looking woman driving a hot car can be just a "small" factor at times with cops. My daughter is beautiful enough to be a model (she has three daughters, one in high school) and I think every cop in her town knows her by name. Funny thing is that she's never gotten a ticket in town for speeding, but her husband has more than once. Go figure. ;-)

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
I know someone that got caught doing 130+ MPH...I'm surprized he didn't get arrested on the spot but he's a real good talker. Since he could have lost his license...he went ahead and hired an attorney who specialized in speeding tickets. About $6,000 later...he was able to keep his license and if I'm not mistaken...received only 1 point on his record instead of 2.

The attorney was expensive but worth it...

:beer:

Later...Dave

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
i just remembered that my friend which is a girl had took her brothers modded evo out and everythime she took it ot she tried showing off by ripping around hard. one time i was with her and she wanted to take it on the freeway and got pulled over doing 120mph she got a ticket but im so suprised they didnt take the car....i think the cop thought she was hot lol

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
got a ticket for +100 in a 55 about 7-8 years ago. It was dark and I hammered on it a little on a long straight feeder road upto about 125 not realizing that a state trooper was on the highway just behind me. I slowed down for an intersection coming up and she exited and stopped me. Her trooper car didn't have a radar gun but she said she had her Caprice going 100 and I was leaving her in the dust lol so she wrote me for +100. She was cool and actually laughing since there was no danger really to anyone but myself I guess. She wanted to know all abou tmy car and couldn't believe it was faster than her Caprice. I just smiled and took the ticket to an attorney who got me a deferred deal. I paid a fine and after 60 days of no new ticket convictions it was dismissed. I was lucky :)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
My daughter is beautiful enough to be a model (she has three daughters, one in high school) and I think every cop in her town knows her by name. Funny thing is that she's never gotten a ticket in town for speeding, but her husband has more than once. Go figure. ;-)
Hey Bob! That's funny about your daughter. :lol: It's good to be a girl. ;-)

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
got nailed by laser from 996' going 102 mph (no radar detector at the time :bash:)

cop took more than a few miles to finally catch up, got me finally when i slowed for an exit ramp.. needless wasn't too happy, but no arrest or impound

hired a lawyer for $750 who adjourned it for 2 years..

then got reduced fine $350 (down from $600+), and iirc like 6 points..

that 6 put me over my limit (included other speeder from previous) and my license got suspended for 6 months (restricted license though)

not doing that again

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
I know some stories sound like BS guys, but I don't want this thread getting hi-jacked and turned into a pissing contest.....Thank everybody for their stories, lets keep them coming. I'm very curious about this, because it's so damn tempting to do in a Termi, and feels so safe, but I just can't bring myself to doing it.

Kee 'em ccoming guys! :rockon:

You can say it is BS, but its not..after paying the ticket and having our insurance go up, believe me, I wasn't very happy about it, but some people just drive fast and do not feel like they are going very fast and she was hitting 110 for about a couple seconds and not continuously the whole ride there..we were jumping out of the carpool lane and passing other cars, but whatever..maybe some of you just get jumpy going 80 or 90, but everyone is different..:banana:

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I guess it's my turn. Non radar-equipped car, I told him I was going 62MPH and I was. It was a 30 zone. I got a general speeding ticket only $65 instead of $100 since it was paid within 14 days. Could have been worse if he could have proved I was 30MPH over.

Another time I was with a customer who just bought a truck from us. It had no windshield and I told him I'd follow him to his shop (3-4 miles away) Cop nailed him and was PIIIIISSSED off!!! He reamed him for 10 minutes about safety. I then came up and explained to him the story. He told me this time he is looking the other way but do NOT let us be seen by him again!!! lol...it was funny as all hell.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
You can say it is BS, but its not..after paying the ticket and having our insurance go up, believe me, I wasn't very happy about it, but some people just drive fast and do not feel like they are going very fast and she was hitting 110 for about a couple seconds and not continuously the whole ride there..we were jumping out of the carpool lane and passing other cars, but whatever..maybe some of you just get jumpy going 80 or 90, but everyone is different..:banana:

I was NOT calling BS on your story. I made a general statement about what others were saying about it. Again....I did not want to derail this thread with an arguement. I agree with you...there are tons of vehicles where it doesn't seem like you are going fast. My Dad's 07 GMC truck...I go 93MPH and I think I'm going 50MPH. My 04 Cobra...100MPH seems like 60MPH. /end/

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
I was NOT calling BS on your story. I made a general statement about what others were saying about it. Again....I did not want to derail this thread with an arguement. I agree with you...there are tons of vehicles where it doesn't seem like you are going fast. My Dad's 07 GMC truck...I go 93MPH and I think I'm going 50MPH. My 04 Cobra...100MPH seems like 60MPH. /end/

LOL..I hear you on that one..The fastest I've taken my terminator was to 120 but as soon as I hit 120 I slowed down, but it really didn't feel like I was going that fast..

sykal

Banned
161 mph (indicated) on the bike i flew by a cop hidden in the bushes. i let go of the throttle and saw in my side mirror that he turned his lights on and i saw dirt/smoke as he peeled out after me.

highway was open and i knew id be going to jail. ny cops are NOT friendly.
i laid back onto it and got off the 3rd exit.
made a right, and got back on highway going the other way.

don't know what ever happened to the cop, but that was the closest i ever came to getting caught in a high speed run.

other than that my highest was an 80 in a 65. nothing crazy.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
LOL..I hear you on that one..The fastest I've taken my terminator was to 120 but as soon as I hit 120 I slowed down, but it really didn't feel like I was going that fast..

That sounds about like me...I hit about 115-120MPH and slowed down right away. You can tell the car wants to keep pulling and pulling, there is no end. I just ran out of balls....:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread