Anybody close to El Paso?

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
Did a search for El Paso and stumbled across this thread. I post here sometimes, depends on how much free time I have. There are a lot of ricers at DD on Sunday nights but Friday's aren't too bad. There are usually a good bit of Mustangs out there. I would like to meet up with some other cobra/mustangs owners sometime also. I am taking my car up to Roswell next weekend to have twin turbos installed. I am giving up on the nitrous. Good to hear from other people in the E Paso area.

David

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Lubbock here......well atleast from the end of august to the middle of may.

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
Originally posted by USAF 93Cobra
RO COBRA,

How do you know my pops? (Bottle Bill) I talked to him yesterday and he said there were tons of people out at desert demon. Were you out there during Memorial Day weekend?

Hey Chris, I'll probably head out there during 4th of July befoe I have to deploy.

I finally have my snake running and I'll probably tow it down to El Chuco.

Let me know if both of ya'll have plans on heading out there.

Lee

hey your pops has a white 95 cobra right?

if so i met him a while back, he is a funny guy very cool person!

and Dave...good luck with the twin turbos :coolman:

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
Thanks, I hope everything holds together until I can afford a new tranny and forged shortblock. Once I get all of the pieces together I can let it all hang out, until then I am going to have to baby it.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Right on, looks like we have enough guys to have a get together one night. I can try bringing 2 people with me from here if we do. Would have to see what they are up too. Let me know if you guys want to try and get something going.

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Crap, sorry I missed your post! Did you end up making it to TA? If you did, how did you run? I think once we get closer to Oct, we should set up a meet with all the local guys and hit the track.

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I know the feeling. Thats why I am wanting to wait until Oct to get everybody together and go out there when it's cooler! I guess Arroyo Seco is doing friday night races now. They finally have lights. I still think its a better track than TA, but I haven't been to TA since they redid the track.

Chris

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
I finally got my car back this weekend. I am game to get together but I doubt I would drive all of the way to Deming on a Friday Night. I am open to any ideas though.

David

dehoass

Established Member
My mom lives in El Paso and i will be visiting her either this week or next. Is there anything to do in that place?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
We should all try and meet up Saturday night if nobody has anything going on, or try and hit Thunder Alley Friday night since you will be in town, and Black03Mach is heading out in a few weeks I believe. Anybody game for it?

Chris

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H
We should all try and meet up Saturday night if nobody has anything going on, or try and hit Thunder Alley Friday night since you will be in town, and Black03Mach is heading out in a few weeks I believe. Anybody game for it?

Chris

I'm in.... Which one are we going to do. Where are we going to meet.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I am willing to do either one, but it looks like it would have to be Saturday night for me. I have a softball tournament going on last night, tonight, thurs and friday night. Just depends on how well we keep doing. The last game is Friday night at 9:30 if we make it to the finals.

There are 3 of us so far. I have PM'd about 5 people I believe, maybe 6. Hopefully they will all chime in and let us know. I can also try and track down the other 3 Cobra owners here in Cruces if I see them on the street.

you guys know of any good places to meet up and hang out on a Saturday night? I am open for suggestions....:thumbsup:

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Originally posted by Black03Mach
im in

cant do friday
thats my moms birthday

dunno whats cool to do...there is always hooters mmmmwings:coolman:

mmmmmmmwings!!! I have been thinking about those for several weeks! I figure we could get together while its still light out, get all the cars lined up somewhere and get some pictures going, then head out somewhere. Is the Hooters over by Cielo Vista still the only one in town? Everybody else game for that?

Chris

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
Hooters sounds good to me. I might get a guy from work to come also, but I am not sure if he can.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Ok, 4 of us for sure so far. I will look all over town for these other Cobra's in the next few days and see if I can't find them. I'll also talk to a few other Mustang guys I know here in town and see how many we can get to show up.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread