Anybody close to El Paso?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Just checking to see if anybody in here is close to El Paso. I live in Las Cruces, NM which is about 40 minutes from there. I have yet to see anybody post thats from this area, or anywhere close. If you are around, let me know!

Chris

bglf83

Established Member
im from abilene, although that is still pretty far away.

brandon

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Black03, let me know the next time you are down here. You know any other guys in EP with Cobra's, Mach1's or any other Mustangs? Seems most of my buddies here with Mustangs have become pretty lazy lately and never want to do anything.

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
We'll have to try and set something up sometime to get all of us together. Kinda lonely being here with an 18 yr old that daddy bought him a Mystic, and a blue vert that I RARELY see.

Chris

USAF 93Cobra

Established Member
Hey Chris,

My father lives out there in El Paso. He drives a white '95 Cobra. He always goes to the dragstrip or to Airport track located along North Zaragosa. The airport is awesome on Sunday nights. If you haven't gone, you're a missing a great time.

I try to get up there once in awhile. Hopefully this year I'll have my 93 snake ready to run.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Sweet, let me know if you are ever out this way. I have yet to go to Desert Demons. Last I heard its pretty much a rice-fest. I have a friend that goes out there from time to time, but he's the kind of guy who wants his car to be noticed, and will only race if he knows he will win. To each their own I guess. I should be taking the LX to Arroyo Seco next weekend with hopes of getting down into the 12's on stock heads and cam. That track is at 4100' plus whatever the temp is that day. Shoot me an email or a PM when you know you will be back in El Paso. We'll have to get some of us together one night.

Chris

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
hey well im in el paso now!

also i found out i have a neighbor who moved in recently with a cobra with altezzas (yuck) and a procharged sticker...going to try and meet him

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Cool, if you ever want to try and hook up sometime let me know. I hear thunder alley is open every Sunday now....?

Chris

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H
Cool, if you ever want to try and hook up sometime let me know. I hear thunder alley is open every Sunday now....?

Chris

I was there on friday night...running blistering 14 second 1/4 miles :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes stupid altitude

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome back to the altitude!! This does suck very much so ;-) Anything fast out there friday night?

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Originally posted by USAF 93Cobra
Hey Chris,

My father lives out there in El Paso. He drives a white '95 Cobra. He always goes to the dragstrip or to Airport track located along North Zaragosa. The airport is awesome on Sunday nights. If you haven't gone, you're a missing a great time.

I try to get up there once in awhile. Hopefully this year I'll have my 93 snake ready to run.

Thats Bottle Bill..very cool guys and his cobra hauls ass!!

Dezert Demonz has timeslips friday nights and the traction there is better than at thunder alley

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Last I heard, and its been a while, DD was pretty much a ricer hang out with the occasional muscle car there. I have never been, and from what I have heard its pretty busy and you are lucky to get a few runs in while you are there.

Chris

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
Originally posted by RO COBRA
Thats Bottle Bill..very cool guys and his cobra hauls ass!!

Dezert Demonz has timeslips friday nights and the traction there is better than at thunder alley

i hope so...nothing worse than getting majorly sideways in third gear :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

USAF 93Cobra

Established Member
RO COBRA,

How do you know my pops? (Bottle Bill) I talked to him yesterday and he said there were tons of people out at desert demon. Were you out there during Memorial Day weekend?

Hey Chris, I'll probably head out there during 4th of July befoe I have to deploy.

I finally have my snake running and I'll probably tow it down to El Chuco.

Let me know if both of ya'll have plans on heading out there.

Lee

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
As far as I know, I should be in town that weekend. I can always head to El Paso. not sure about DD, but I may give them a try. trying to stay away from drag racing with the Cobra, and getting into autocrossing and open road racing with it. Saving the LX for the drag racing. Let me know when you will be out this way, and maybe all of us can meet up.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread