Any upper only cars hit 10's without NO2?

ctgreddy

Established Member
Yeah I still need to work on my 60' too. I'll have to get some light weight rims and a better tire if I'm really gonna give this thing a shot. I'm currently using rims off of a 94 GT with 255/50/16. I'm sure with a wider slick I can cut that time down a bit.

that's similar to what i run for wheels, i use 02 v6 mustang wheels and have 28x10x16 hoosier slicks on them, i think the 28" tire is taking away some of my trap speed as i dont need bigger than a 26 just got a super good deal on them.

op when are you going to do more mdos and return to the track? i'm curious how well you do once you do wheels/tires. i'm going again this sunday.

myslowstang

Established Member
I won't be going to the track this weekend and I probably won't be upgrading my tires for a little while. I've only been to the track a couple times with the new set up so I still feel like I can shave off some time with some practice.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Do you powershift? That's a killer 60 and mph!! Seems a little soft in the middle?

Nope looking to keep the trans. in the car, tried it once and it spit the shifter right back in my hand. Not worth it IMO. Car has a 10.99 in it with a higher launch and quicker shifting without power shifting. I've made a grand total of 8 passes in it, so not so bad. Especially considering I hadn't drag raced in 10 years and never with a RWD. 100-125 shot goes in as soon as the 10.99 slip is achieved. Kit sitting in my closet for over a year now.

myslowstang

Established Member
I just picked up a set of slicks and mounted them on some v6 rims. Time to give it a shot before the tracks around here start shutting down for the winter.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I get jealous when I see all you running low 11s with upper only maybe upper and lower when most here in Colorado try to hit a 11.9 with ported/upper/lower combo.. Altitude is a killer here..:mad:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

myslowstang

Established Member
In our local section in the forums...maca were doing a private rental at Mir on 11/17

Are you talking about this track rental?
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/mid-atlantic-cobra-association-219/889749-mir-track-rental-saturday-11-17-a.html

I'd love to attend a track rental but I just can afford it right now. I have lots of other things going on. I'm just sticking with the test and tune events for now. Plus I have no cooling mods so my car has to sit for awhile after each run so I'm not even sure if a track rental will even be worth it.

I went to the track a few weeks ago and ran a 11.5@122 and a best mph of 124 for the day so I still have room for improvement plus with the addition these new tires I should be pretty low in the 11's.

03 KYL

Established Member
I ran 11.16@123 a couple of weeks ago with a Posi ported Eaton/plenum/stock TB with a 2.76 upper/stock lower. 28" ET streets out back & 18" chrome Cobra replicas up front. Running my normal street tune & only weight reduction was passenger seat removed & that was just because it makes it easier to haul the slicks in the back seat. Next time I head to the track I am going to run my race tune (2 deg more timing) & remove the sway bar & try to get a 10.99.

rudycobra

Established Member
I ran 11.16@123 a couple of weeks ago with a Posi ported Eaton/plenum/stock TB with a 2.76 upper/stock lower. 28" ET streets out back & 18" chrome Cobra replicas up front. Running my normal street tune & only weight reduction was passenger seat removed & that was just because it makes it easier to haul the slicks in the back seat. Next time I head to the track I am going to run my race tune (2 deg more timing) & remove the sway bar & try to get a 10.99.

U gotta b one bad driver or car is a freak of nature !

Rudy

blown302stng

Established Member
Cobrastruck has been low 11's with an upper only non ported 04 cobra...this past weekend he went [email protected] at 2000 da at local 1/8th mile track which puts it at a very high 10

topfueldart

Established Member

Great job! Gives alot of us hope it's fairly attainable to go 10's upper only, probably with minimal weight reductions or race gas!

Evo2SVT

Established Member
I am shooting for 10's next season with a upper only non port, stock fuel system and stock mass air.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

Wow I hadn't heard that. I'm planning on running this weekend.;-)

myslowstang

Established Member
Just an update... I was finally able to get to the track again and I ran a 11.3 @ 125 w/ a 1.7 60'
I plan on hitting the track again in the next couple of weeks and actually launching it like I should to get that 60' down. We shall see how close to the 10's I can get.

03 KYL

Established Member
I wanted to provide an update on my quest for hitting the 10's with just an 2.76 upper only. Got closer last night but not quite a 10 second pass, 11.03 was my best pass of the night. Changes since my 11.16 pass about a month ago were removal of swaybar and passenger side headlight. Also ran my 93 octane + Torco tune instead of my standard street tune.

Here is the vid proof.....
Snakebit's (Jon) 11.03, Mt. Parkway Dragway, 09 Nov 2012 - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread