Any upper only cars hit 10's without NO2?

myslowstang

Established Member
Any upper only cobras hit 10's without NO2?

I was just wondering if there are any basic bolt-on upper only cobras out there that have hit 10's. I'm talking about full weight, stock IRS, no NO2, no meth, etc.

I have a upper pulley cobra with a ported blower and getting the itch to try for 10's. I've only been down the track a few times and should be low 11's with some more seat time. I honestly think I'll need to add a lower and maybe a few other things but I'm just wondering what others have done.

UPDATE

Sooooo close
Posi port, upper only, stock IRS, stock trans, stocking gearing, full weight (minus spare tire & jack), pump gas, no NO2, no meth
11.06 @ 126.86
Left lane

cobra138.jpg

Last edited:

fordvicious32v

Established Member
You will need to run atleast a lower and different fuel. Race gas or e85 with a
good shock & slick combo will get you in the 10's with a ported upper and lower
cobra. That being said, you will have to do a few fuel upgrades to run that kinda fuel. Either way you see it, you will need more supporting mods to support those supporting mods lol.

myslowstang

Established Member
Yeah I figured I'd need a lower. I'm really hoping for low 11's by the end of the season. I've only been to the track a few times and haven't got the launch down yet but I still ran a 11.6 @ 122mph with is pretty good IMO but I still need to work on that 60'. Once I get that down then maybe I'll try a lower and see where that gets me.

myslowstang

Established Member
Here is my last slip. I figure I can get my 60' down to a 1.7-1.6 which should put me in the low 11's but we shall see

Left lane
cobra100_zps4ab14544.jpg

fordvicious32v

Established Member
Nice I have their race port with their matching dragon ported
combo and will be adding a 4 lb lower to go with my 2.76 upper.
Hoping my car can get into the 10s also ;)

myslowstang

Established Member
Yeah I have an accufab (non-ported) TB and wish I got a dragon TB. I may sell my Accufab and get a dragon and/or the plenum ported to match. I'm currently using a 2.65" upper and thinking about adding a lower but I'd like to see how close to the 10's I can get first.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
POSI here...with E85/full weight-3720# with me/IRS...looking for the 10's in cool air!!! I have run a 11.13 @ 126.7 in the heat on Maryland! Watch out BG!! :D

myslowstang

Established Member
Good luck man, but you will need e85 or c16 unless
you completely gut your car and do the weight reduction
mod lol
knapp01.png

POSI here...with E85/full weight-3720# with me/IRS...looking for the 10's in cool air!!! I have run a 11.13 @ 126.7 in the heat on Maryland! Watch out BG!! :D
I'm from MD also. What track do you normally go to?

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
^^^ I was running in the NMRA 'Terminator v. GT500' Shootout at MIR .... My home track is LVD in Upstate NY!! ....Heading to Bowling Green, KY next week for the same event!! :)

DSG_NMRA_May_12.jpg

myslowstang

Established Member
Cool. I've only been to MIR a few times but I love that track. Everybody seems to get good times there.

I know I'll probably need a lower pulley and more to hit 10's but I'll be fun to get as close as I can with just an upper and ported blower. I still have to invest in some cooling mods as I have none of them. I may get a better rim/tire combo also just so I can give it a better chance. We shall see how close I can get.

myslowstang

Established Member
You're going to need a hell of a 60' time to run 10.99 @ 122. Good Luck.

I'm 11.1@127 with a 1.51 60' Ported upper/lower, slicks and launching at 3k

Lol yeah I know it's probably not gonna happen without a lower pulley and a better tire but I'm just gonna see how close I can get.

Evo2SVT

Established Member
Every tenth off your 60ft is worth 2 up top end. So if you get yours down to a 1.6 you should be around 11.2 but if you get it to 1.5 now your looking at 11.0. Where do you race? Cecil?

myslowstang

Established Member
No. I've only been to Cecil once. I usually go to Capitol Raceway but I've been to MIR several times.

ctgreddy

Established Member
this is an interesting thread, i'm looking for something similar but am just thinking about doing a small shot, dont want to spend 400 on a lower when i wont need it once i go ts.
I ran a very similar e/t as you with similar mods except i have a sra, just lacking the driver mod. i'm hoping for 11.4's out of my current setup once i get the 60' down.

myslowstang

Established Member
Yeah I still need to work on my 60' too. I'll have to get some light weight rims and a better tire if I'm really gonna give this thing a shot. I'm currently using rims off of a 94 GT with 255/50/16. I'm sure with a wider slick I can cut that time down a bit.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Talk to MuscleFan21, hes not far off in both cars hes owned, his zync went

11.2 with simple bolt ons and a upper only and his current car is a running 11.4s upper only with a hesitation

Users who are viewing this thread