Any SVTP R/C heli fans?

LongDucDong

Established Member
Got any fellow fliers on here? Gas or electric, doesnt matter. Im rather new to the r/c helicopter hobby, but am having a fun time learning to fly these things. I started small and cheap with the mini-choppers (2 channel), and just got a 3-channel that Im fussin with.

What do you all fly? Anyone recommend Walkera brand helis?

Oh, feel free to post up some pics/vids of your kits. :beer:

1.8t

Established Member
I have a Blade mSR and an Eflite honeybee FP V2 that I fly. FP helis with the 90deg fly bar is the real ticket into flying RC helis. All of the same flight characteristics of a CP heli with none of the complexity in controller programming or heli setup. Oh yea, and more important that any of that, get a flight sim ASAP.

Yaadman_GT

Yaadman_GT
Established Member
Ive got 2 TREX 450 SEs. Im still pretty new to flying.....still in 2D. Whenever I get a chance, I'm on RealFlight trying to get better!!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Only pic I have of my stuff, on top of the car. Both JR's, a little 30 Concept and a pumped 90 Vigor. Haven't flown them in quite a while.
020-1.jpg

txbull

Established Member
i have been tossing the idea around to get a small heli but mainly to aggravate my ol ladys cats lmao

ScubaTermi

Established Member
I used to fly electric 400 size, I still have a T rex SE, the whole set up that I should probably sell but maybe one day Ill find some time to get back into it

alpinelightning

Established Member
I have a fearless t-Rex 500esp ill post pics up in a bit is anyone on here going to the Ircha jamboree in august ? If not you should look I.to it well worth it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

manOwar

Established Member
I asked the wife for an RC Helicopter thinking I'd get a hobby store viersion.... 6 year's later, it's still not put together... it's for sale if anyone is looking... I'll be home in a couple days if you want details....52" wingspan, upgraded (HP) gas engine and a control that takes a degree to operate!!

alpinelightning

Established Member
Hey long duc have you ever heard of the fox valley club? If not check out foxvalleyaero.com the do a big heli show every year I usually go and quite a few pros are there as well check it out
I'm in Peoria BTW
Justin

LongDucDong

Established Member
post up some pics of all your stuff! i've always been more of the truck person, but one day i would love to try out a heli.

Sorry, no pics yet, all I have is these two videos my son took the night I brought it home. Its a cheapie that I actually picked up at Toys R Us for about $60. Its nice, though, aluminum frame and all. I went to Hobby Town and the guy recommended I start off with a cheap 3-channel heli and go from there. The one I wanted at Hobby Town retailed for almost $300.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RmX-ab4V0c&feature=related"]YouTube - R/C helicopter 3-channel pt. 2[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDmM149spQg&feature=related"]YouTube - R/C helicopter 3-channel[/nomedia]

Last edited:

LongDucDong

Established Member
I have a Blade mSR and an Eflite honeybee FP V2 that I fly. FP helis with the 90deg fly bar is the real ticket into flying RC helis. All of the same flight characteristics of a CP heli with none of the complexity in controller programming or heli setup. Oh yea, and more important that any of that, get a flight sim ASAP.

Thanks for the tip. Ive read up on some simulators, which I found interesting that you can use your real controller for flight instead of the one that comes with the game. How that works Ill never know. lol

Got any programs you'd recommend?

LongDucDong

Established Member
Hey long duc have you ever heard of the fox valley club? If not check out foxvalleyaero.com the do a big heli show every year I usually go and quite a few pros are there as well check it out
I'm in Peoria BTW
Justin

Oh yeah, Im definitely familiar with the club. Im over at the airstrip all the time in the summer and fall. I didnt know they held helicopter shows, thats something Ill have to check out. Ive been to the r/c jet show, which was amazing. :rockon:

oilwell1415

Established Member
I've got a Blade CP, mCX and mSR. Don't fly them much anymore, but they're fun when I do. I don't fly my planes or race my cars much either. All of my time has disappeared.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I bought a Raptor 30 V2 a few years back but ended up selling it before finishing the build. My eventual goal was to fly a scale Airwolf model, and there were quite a few fuselages out there to do so.

I think I am going to start with a small electric to get the basics down, maybe a CP even though FP is supposedly a lot easier to fly to start.

Any recommendations for a small indoor/outdoor RTF?

alpinelightning

Established Member
I'd recommend something like this its small light and can do 3d plenty of parts available if you crash its a good starter!
Blade mCP X RTF (BLH3500): Blade - #1 By Design

if your looking for a great deal and awesome service check out ReadyHeli.com - Fast Shipping, Excellent Service, Huge Inventory...See For Yourself! RC Helicopters, Radio Controlled Heli Parts, R/C Helicopter Upgrades, Mikado, Edge Rotorblades, Align, MS Heli, Kasama, Thunder Tiger, E-Flite, JR

I have purchased with them many times and they are always on top of service!
call them if you have an questions they are always willing to help

Last edited:

LongDucDong

Established Member
I think I am going to start with a small electric to get the basics down, maybe a CP even though FP is supposedly a lot easier to fly to start.

Any recommendations for a small indoor/outdoor RTF?

Ive been watching some vids on YouTube, and see a lot of people flying small Walkera r/c helis. I dont know much about the company, but their stuff looks quality, and they offer a lot of small models, many of which they show flying indoor.

Being new to the r/c helicopter world, can you tell me what "CP" and "FP" mean?

Users who are viewing this thread