Any SVTP R/C heli fans?

alpinelightning

Established Member
Coaxial pitch and fixed pitch
Here is some info
http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/electric-rc-helicopters.
And I had my local body shop do the airbrush work on the canopy the checkered canopy came from ace heli custom canopies
My heli is flybarless it has a little computer that helps stabilize it in flight which also gives it more power and less drag the module is a mikado v-bar I can adjust it with my laptop they retail for about 400.00 not cheap but it really helps
Justin

Justin

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I have 3 electric team losi mini Ts will lots of parts I'm looking to sell. Holla via PM if you're interested.

UtahSVT

Established Member
These are my buddies that do this for a living! One guy is flying the heli which I believe is a custom built Jester 900 series and the other guy is the camera operator. They have everything hooked up to servos for full pan/tilt control, plus GPS autopilot. Guy with the Scott ski goggles on has monitors built into his goggles to "see" the real time camera shot. Just got signed on to leave this Friday and go film for NatGeo and the "Shark Men" in Florida! YouTube - PixairProductions's Channel

Last edited:

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
These are my buddies that do this for a living! One guy is flying the heli which I believe is a custom built Jester 900 series and the other guy is the camera operator. They have everything hooked up to servos for full pan/tilt control, plus GPS autopilot. Guy with the Scott ski goggles on has monitors built into his goggles to "see" the real time camera shot. Just got signed on to leave this Friday and go film for NatGeo and the "Shark Men" in Florida! YouTube - PixairProductions's Channel

I watch that show all the time...

first mex. then cali.. now florida

sweet

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I love seeing this stuff.. alwats wanted to try it out but never had the loot.. plus other stuff came first.. but i do enjoy looking at what you guys have!

and UTAH - that is badass man!!!

alpinelightning

Established Member
How do I like the Spartan boat? Well I was excited about it for months I couldn't wait till it came then it showed up at Xmas when everything was frozen so I could only look at it ugh so I charged up some brand new 6s lipo batteries and within seconds on my workbench I had a esc fire the flame shot up and almost caught the rafters on fire I was furious I called traxxas right away and sent the radio esc and motor back it took about a month for service to replace it and I asked was anything upgraded to a better part and they said no it shouldn't of happened ya right I ordered a castle 1520 motor and trinity 180 esc and have never looked back it runs great now the old/replacement stuff I sold and never tested. This is my first boat I've only had it out twice its fun I wish it had a fiberglass hull. If I could start over I would highly consider something else it was not worth the 500.00 originally now I have over 700.00 in it. I still have a list of stuff I want to replace such as the driveshaft others have broke them with the castle motors, there are better wire drives out there now if your still interested in this I would first read the forums at offshore electrics and buy a boat that is already upgraded or I would check out the new motley crew aquacraft boat if you are looking for a good rtr boat. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, I try to stay updated on what's out there
Justin
here is the most recent run of my boat with the go pro hd camera
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4q7Xis-wNI"]YouTube - Traxxas Spartan Go Pro Lake Storey[/nomedia]

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I can imagine how frustrating that was after the original delay due to the name change. I generally like Traxxas a lot, and I have several of their vehicles and they have been trouble free, but I'm going to steer clear of this boat until they upgrade some of the parts. My last boat was a Pro Boat Blackjack 55, which I bought to replace my troublesome Aquacraft Rio 51. Needless to say, I won't be going the gas route anymore on any R/C boats. Too temperamental.

How do I like the Spartan boat? Well I was excited about it for months I couldn't wait till it came then it showed up at Xmas when everything was frozen so I could only look at it ugh so I charged up some brand new 6s lipo batteries and within seconds on my workbench I had a esc fire the flame shot up and almost caught the rafters on fire I was furious I called traxxas right away and sent the radio esc and motor back it took about a month for service to replace it and I asked was anything upgraded to a better part and they said no it shouldn't of happened ya right I ordered a castle 1520 motor and trinity 180 esc and have never looked back it runs great now the old/replacement stuff I sold and never tested. This is my first boat I've only had it out twice its fun I wish it had a fiberglass hull. If I could start over I would highly consider something else it was not worth the 500.00 originally now I have over 700.00 in it. I still have a list of stuff I want to replace such as the driveshaft others have broke them with the castle motors, there are better wire drives out there now if your still interested in this I would first read the forums at offshore electrics and buy a boat that is already upgraded or I would check out the new motley crew aquacraft boat if you are looking for a good rtr boat. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, I try to stay updated on what's out there
Justin
here is the most recent run of my boat with the go pro hd camera
YouTube - Traxxas Spartan Go Pro Lake Storey

LongDucDong

Established Member
Coaxial pitch and fixed pitch
Here is some info
http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/electric-rc-helicopters.
And I had my local body shop do the airbrush work on the canopy the checkered canopy came from ace heli custom canopies
My heli is flybarless it has a little computer that helps stabilize it in flight which also gives it more power and less drag the module is a mikado v-bar I can adjust it with my laptop they retail for about 400.00 not cheap but it really helps
Justin

Justin

Gracias, amigo. Nice to know.

I think one of the Walkera choppers I was looking at was CP. I assume that means the swashplate is active like on a real heli? Forgive my newbiness. lol

95_XB331

Established Member
This is a work one (they are pretty much... incredible machines/computers):
IMG_20110517_173418.jpg

I also have a Trex500 series knock off I'm about to build up-- electric, CF frame, the etc.. 3D flyer.... 36+" rotor diameter FTW :banana:
IMG_20110517_201851.jpg

I also have a home made quadcopter using the same electronics as the 6-rotor and building a special "multicopter" (in design stages....) ;)

They can be fun toys, but can also be used for serious purposes....

FYI, walkera are great starter copters. CP = collective pitch (or in some cases "3D"), which is much harder to fly than a fixed pitch copter. In a CP, the rotor can stay at the command angle regardless of the body orientation--which you can get some incredible maneuvers but lose your orientation/control very quickly. For a virgin flyer, a fixed pitch is the way to go unless you want to stock up on spare parts.... You can try this free sim: FMS and fly the models to see the difference between a CP and fixed (the hughes 500) pitch copters. If you have the coin, the GAUI X330 is excellent for a beginner: very stable flight, much like a fixed pitch copter, but behaves differently from a 1-rotor helicopter (how to operate it is very different).

Last edited:

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Thank you for the link. How realistic is the flight on the program?

I fly the Blade SR, on the program it's pretty easy how they have it set up stock. The nice thing about the simulator though is that you can change the flight characteristics to how it should be if there are any differences.

I have the stability turned down a lot for example just to keep it harder than flying the real thing.

alpinelightning

Established Member
As far as the phoenix flight simulator it is the best on the market the realism is great the graphics are awesome and the best thing is the updates are free unlike realflight you can also do a upload of your flying field if you really want to get creative with the software
I have it as well my transmitter connects directly to it !
Justin

1.8t

Established Member
If you are going to get a Micro CP bird, I would say get the Blade mCP-X. I bought this bird last week and it is an absolute blast to fly and tough as hell! It is by far my favorite heli in my "hangar". For a pilot who has all of their orientation down and likes doing minor 3D, this heli is perfect. I have been flying the ever living hell out of it and there is only minor setup involved.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
If you are going to get a Micro CP bird, I would say get the Blade mCP-X. I bought this bird last week and it is an absolute blast to fly and tough as hell! It is by far my favorite heli in my "hangar". For a pilot who has all of their orientation down and likes doing minor 3D, this heli is perfect. I have been flying the ever living hell out of it and there is only minor setup involved.

I was thinking of grabbing that Novus but in FP. Easier to start on sounds like, even though Coaxial is the simplest.

jonboy688

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxaXc4xHag"]YouTube - ‪jon heli 012.MOV‬‏[/nomedia]

i have had about 12 diff helis in less then a year so far, but the newborn has hindered my flying for the last 4 months i am down to 2 helis now

trex 450 pro converted to fbl
and mcpx worlds smallest fbl cp heli

i will post up some pics of mine tonight

Users who are viewing this thread