Any one use High speed buffers?s

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
I'm talking about an actually buffing wheel/ angle grinder... somewhat like a porter cable that you guys use...
i use a Dewalt with 3m pads...

any difference between the porter cable and what im talking about?

i know that its easy to burn paint with mine... but im very good at what i do
since i used to be a refinishing tech. for GM

crizzut

Established Member
The difference between the 2 is that the porter cable is a dual action orbital buffer, while yours is a rotary buffer. You'll get better results with your rotary, just be sure not to turn it up too high, slow and smooth works very well.

danponjican

Established Member
DA like the PC, Cyclo, UDM and the new flex are safer but not as powerful as rotaries. Because of this fact, this is usually the choice tool for enthusiast and beginners that are not seasoned professionals. With careful work and the right chemicals you can get great results and even correct almost as much as a rotary can. The difference really comes in when you introduce wetsanding, heavy compounding and the main reason to switch to a rotary... TIME. Rotaries cut much faster than DAs so if you are doing this kind of thing for a living, it makes sense to learn to run a high speed buffer.

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
I use both, I have been using high speed rotary buffers (angel grinders) for years, I dont think you can buff a car as good without a high speed buffer. It is nice to finish off the job with a dual action orbital though and a nice hand wax/sealer.

tjs98gt

Established Member
i have a rotary. ive never used it yet. never used a DA either. gunna practice on my stock hood since it doesnt fit anymore haha

Users who are viewing this thread