Any KB/Whipple Cobra's want to run?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
wtf? Where did you hear this?

This is actually not new. There is a decently modded Cobra running around the Raleigh are as a UC- former street racing confiscated car. There was another thread posted over in Donut Shop about a UC pulling over a guy near Jville about a yr to 18 months ago. They are DEF out there. Don't know about SC though. For callouts like this I'd say track ONLY just in case.

01trublue cobra

Established Member
This is actually not new. There is a decently modded Cobra running around the Raleigh are as a UC- former street racing confiscated car. There was another thread posted over in Donut Shop about a UC pulling over a guy near Jville about a yr to 18 months ago. They are DEF out there. Don't know about SC though. For callouts like this I'd say track ONLY just in case.

Do they try to bait people at stop or red lights? Also at least they don't crush your car like here in California.

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
so you posted wanting to race a terminator then you have the chance and dont even try:poke: seems like you really want to race one since you post somthing about it, i mean you coulda went a few more exits and turned around...:bored:

I know I know. I was already 15 min late, the next exit was 5 more miles and traffic was bad. I've only run on the street when i'm confident that there is no risk of harming anyone but myself.

OP, were you at the F-body beach week in myrtle beach? If you were, I am pretty sure I talked to you and checked out your car. I am Kyle's buddy from NY that helped with the Logo for the event and such.......

if you are who I am thinking you are, your car is serious.

That was me. The only jackass with my car under a tent.

The OP smells like Pork.

Think what you want. I've already said, look me up on LS1tech.com if you don't think I'm who I say I am. [ame="http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=74041"]LS1TECH - View Profile: MrDavid@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: MrDavid</title>@@AMEPARAM@@MrDavid[/ame]

derockgt

Established Member
I know I know. I was already 15 min late, the next exit was 5 more miles and traffic was bad. I've only run on the street when i'm confident that there is no risk of harming anyone but myself.

yeah if traffic is bad than thats understandable, ive had that happen to me but it was a bolt on s197 that pulled up to me so i turned lol

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I hate to pop up on a new forum and look like a troll right away, and i'm sure that's how this looks, but I didn't have much luck on LS1tech (not as many cobra owners as I thought over there I guess). I haven't had the opportunity to race any KB or Whipple cobra's since I've put a D1 on my Trans AM over a year ago. I am leaving the country soon on a deployment and wanted at least one opportunity "stretch the legs" on my TA before its parked in a garage for about 10 months.

I'm in upstate SC, (GSP area) about 1.5 hrs from Columbia and not too far from the NC state line. If anyone is relatively close to me and wants to have a little fun, let me know and we can kick them off. I don't want to narrow it to just cobra's either. If someone has a car in general with >500hp and is close, you are welcome to race also.

Thanks

2000 Trans AM, forged 347, D1sc
To bad you aren't in the Dallas area it could be fun.

A-spec

Established Member
I hate to pop up on a new forum and look like a troll right away, and i'm sure that's how this looks, but I didn't have much luck on LS1tech (not as many cobra owners as I thought over there I guess). I haven't had the opportunity to race any KB or Whipple cobra's since I've put a D1 on my Trans AM over a year ago. I am leaving the country soon on a deployment and wanted at least one opportunity "stretch the legs" on my TA before its parked in a garage for about 10 months.

I'm in upstate SC, (GSP area) about 1.5 hrs from Columbia and not too far from the NC state line. If anyone is relatively close to me and wants to have a little fun, let me know and we can kick them off. I don't want to narrow it to just cobra's either. If someone has a car in general with >500hp and is close, you are welcome to race also.
Thanks

how far are you from TDC? they have a little meet/get together this saturday and i'll be there. still debating if i should drive my cobra or rsx though. but if everythin seems straight if we talk then i'm willing to go play. btw its only a ported eaton. let me know, so i know what car to drive.

Ronin5.O

Established Member
"They are racing for money, fame, or racing to race," says Lt. Keith Stone of the Highway Patrol

Keith-Stone2-265x300.jpg

MustangJim21

Established Member
If you want to race a Cobra so badly, why don't you go to your local track, find one there, line up against him and see how it goes. The urge to street race can be hard to turn away from at times, but it is definitely not worth the risk of losing your car, and in a worst case scenario, not worth risking your life on the street or the lives of innocent others.

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
how far are you from TDC? they have a little meet/get together this saturday and i'll be there. still debating if i should drive my cobra or rsx though. but if everythin seems straight if we talk then i'm willing to go play. btw its only a ported eaton. let me know, so i know what car to drive.

I'm about 20 min from TDC. I've been there before on a dyno night, but didn't see anything in the parking lot over 350whp. I'd definitely be up for a run with a ported eaton cobra. Only for fun of course.

If you want to race a Cobra so badly, why don't you go to your local track, find one there, line up against him and see how it goes. The urge to street race can be hard to turn away from at times, but it is definitely not worth the risk of losing your car, and in a worst case scenario, not worth risking your life on the street or the lives of innocent others.

I don't know if you viewed my profile or not, but i'm 28 years old, not 16. Every time i've raced on the street, I make sure the only life that is endangered, is my own.

I have a family myself.

your car is down right nasty. I feel BAD for the Cobra that comes out to meet up with you:beer:

Thanks. It just looks nasty with DR's on it.

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I hate to pop up on a new forum and look like a troll right away, and i'm sure that's how this looks, but I didn't have much luck on LS1tech (not as many cobra owners as I thought over there I guess). I haven't had the opportunity to race any KB or Whipple cobra's since I've put a D1 on my Trans AM over a year ago. I am leaving the country soon on a deployment and wanted at least one opportunity "stretch the legs" on my TA before its parked in a garage for about 10

Thanks

Well to be honest if I did live close I would probly say I didn't! Lol
Car sounds like a BEAST!!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread