Any KB/Whipple Cobra's want to run?

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
I hate to pop up on a new forum and look like a troll right away, and i'm sure that's how this looks, but I didn't have much luck on LS1tech (not as many cobra owners as I thought over there I guess). I haven't had the opportunity to race any KB or Whipple cobra's since I've put a D1 on my Trans AM over a year ago. I am leaving the country soon on a deployment and wanted at least one opportunity "stretch the legs" on my TA before its parked in a garage for about 10 months.

I'm in upstate SC, (GSP area) about 1.5 hrs from Columbia and not too far from the NC state line. If anyone is relatively close to me and wants to have a little fun, let me know and we can kick them off. I don't want to narrow it to just cobra's either. If someone has a car in general with >500hp and is close, you are welcome to race also.

Thanks

2000 Trans AM, forged 347, D1sc

Zeke0123

Established Member
I hate to pop up on a new forum and look like a troll right away, and i'm sure that's how this looks, but I didn't have much luck on LS1tech (not as many cobra owners as I thought over there I guess). I haven't had the opportunity to race any KB or Whipple cobra's since I've put a D1 on my Trans AM over a year ago. I am leaving the country soon on a deployment and wanted at least one opportunity "stretch the legs" on my TA before its parked in a garage for about 10 months.

I'm in upstate SC, (GSP area) about 1.5 hrs from Columbia and not too far from the NC state line. If anyone is relatively close to me and wants to have a little fun, let me know and we can kick them off. I don't want to narrow it to just cobra's either. If someone has a car in general with >500hp and is close, you are welcome to race also.

Thanks

2000 Trans AM, forged 347, D1sc
Not Trollish at all...hope you find your race..and good luck during your deployment.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
An Eaton Cobra with the right mods can hit 500rwhp no problem. A KB/Whipple would put the Cobra around 580-600+ depending on other mods.

whiplash306

Established Member
GREAT 1st post and as was already stated, not troll'ish at all. Good luck in finding your race! Wish I was closer as I'd take 'ya up on it..... Take care on your deployment!

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I hope you're talking about at the track, cause I'm sure a new guy wouldn't come on a forum and his first post is inviting folks to a street race especially with the STING OPERATIONS that NC/SC have going on. They actually take your car, but I'm sure you're aware. There's a Whippled Cobra right now in upstate SC (your area) that's about to go to the police auction. It got taken for...yep, street racing:nonono: So I'm sure this invite is for the track as I can't imagine showing up to meet a guy I don't know to do something illegal ESPECIALLY in an area where undercover cops are all over it:bash:, but ummm, welcome to the site:beer:

Presteige

Established Member
I hope you're talking about at the track, cause I'm sure a new guy wouldn't come on a forum and his first post is inviting folks to a street race especially with the STING OPERATIONS that NC/SC have going on. They actually take your car, but I'm sure you're aware. There's a Whippled Cobra right now in upstate SC (your area) that's about to go to the police auction. It got taken for...yep, street racing:nonono: So I'm sure this invite is for the track as I can't imagine showing up to meet a guy I don't know to do something illegal ESPECIALLY in an area where undercover cops are all over it:bash:, but ummm, welcome to the site:beer:

:beer:

Couldnt of said it better myself

03snakeminated

Established Member
thanks mr occiffer... ;-)

j/k

Last edited:

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
Thanks for the best wishes on deployment. I didn't make it a callout for street/track specific. You can check my username on LS1tech if you think i'm a cop. I do understand your concern though.

There hasn't been a sting operation here in about a year. It was for drug busts also, not street racing. The big street racing busts have happened in Charlotte NC.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

wtf? Where did you hear this?

03snakeminated

Established Member
Thanks for the best wishes on deployment. I didn't make it a callout for street/track specific. You can check my username on LS1tech if you think i'm a cop. I do understand your concern though.

There hasn't been a sting operation here in about a year. It was for drug busts also, not street racing. The big street racing busts have happened in Charlotte NC.
just saw your thread on ls1tech and posted, too bad you are not within a reasonable distance, i would be game. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other twinscrew cobra owners in here that wouldn't mind running you, good luck and ty for your service :beer:

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
your not brian r. spilner are you?

LOL. Thats funny.

just saw your thread on ls1tech and posted, too bad you are not within a reasonable distance, i would be game. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other twinscrew cobra owners in here that wouldn't mind running you, good luck and ty for your service :beer:

Maybe a year from now i'll have better luck. As luck would have it, I was driving the car a few hours ago on interstate, get about 200yds from my exit, then a yellow 03 pulls right beside me. Traffic was a little too heavy and my exit was right there, so I guess it isn't meant to be.

derockgt

Established Member
LOL. Thats funny.

Maybe a year from now i'll have better luck. As luck would have it, I was driving the car a few hours ago on interstate, get about 200yds from my exit, then a yellow 03 pulls right beside me. Traffic was a little too heavy and my exit was right there, so I guess it isn't meant to be.

so you posted wanting to race a terminator then you have the chance and dont even try:poke: seems like you really want to race one since you post somthing about it, i mean you coulda went a few more exits and turned around...:bored:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
OP, were you at the F-body beach week in myrtle beach? If you were, I am pretty sure I talked to you and checked out your car. I am Kyle's buddy from NY that helped with the Logo for the event and such.......

if you are who I am thinking you are, your car is serious.

Users who are viewing this thread