Any KB/Whipple Cobra's want to run?

corysmach1

Established Member
Hopefelly somebody steps up to the plate with a car with equakl power and drivere mod and they can get a dry day and get this done. MRdavid seems like a guy just looking to have some friendly runs and thats what its all about.

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
Not knocking your driving ability I put over 600 to the wheels and traction can be hard to find even on dry pavement :)

How would that be knocking my driving ability? You have a problem putting 600 down on a dry road, I have a problem putting 700 down on damp road...?

If I stiffen the rear shocks up to 11, and drop the pressure down to 13psi in the rear tires, it will hook fine on dry pavement from a 2nd gear or higher roll. 1st is still useless unless its a prepped track surface.

I'm game if the weather will cooperate....

40% chance of snow Thursday. 49* and sunny tomorrow. I'll be around if you head down.

93svt#981

Established Member
During the week isn't going to happen. I am part of a family owned business and just can't through the week. I got to work this weekend too so maybe next weekend. :D

nycarpenter

Established Member
How would that be knocking my driving ability? You have a problem putting 600 down on a dry road, I have a problem putting 700 down on damp road...?

If I stiffen the rear shocks up to 11, and drop the pressure down to 13psi in the rear tires, it will hook fine on dry pavement from a 2nd gear or higher roll. 1st is still useless unless its a prepped track surface.

40% chance of snow Thursday. 49* and sunny tomorrow. I'll be around if you head down.
OP I was not knocking your ability to drive your car or my ability to drive my own. I know I can jump on my Cobra on cold pavement at 60 and blow the tires off the car so on a damp surface at 40 or 50 it a give in your tires are spinning.... Are we on the same page :)

SouthernG35

Established Member
I am down for a couple of fun runs. I just got my 04 vert last week and would like to see how it hangs. Was on the dyno at TDC this weekend and made 590 running really lean. Putting a new tune on it this week hopefully, so should get to the 600 range.

The driver mod could still use some work lol. Still trying to get used to this tranny. Not as smooth as my turboed G35 was. I have problems with the 3rd to 4th shift but will have it worked out by this weekend.

Also happy to be back in a boosted V8 nothing like having awsome TQ. My G made 400RWHP and 375TQ was a really fun car but not as fun as my new toy!!!

Last edited:

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
I am down for a couple of fun runs. I just got my 04 vert last week and would like to see how it hangs. Was on the dyno at TDC this weekend and made 590 running really lean. Putting a new tune on it this week hopefully, so should get to the 600 range.

The driver mod could still use some work lol. Still trying to get used to this tranny. Not as smooth as my turboed G35 was. I have problems with the 3rd to 4th shift but will have it worked out by this weekend.

Oh yea, the black KB car. Nice looking/sounding car. People were saying you were having a belt issue at the dyno? I also heard it only made 590. Figured something was up with the tune. Good Luck getting that sorted out. Next weekend will be my last here, so if you've got it fixed by or before then and want to do a little feeler run, let me know.

SouthernG35

Established Member
Oh yea, the black KB car. Nice looking/sounding car. People were saying you were having a belt issue at the dyno? I also heard it only made 590. Figured something was up with the tune. Good Luck getting that sorted out. Next weekend will be my last here, so if you've got it fixed by or before then and want to do a little feeler run, let me know.

I have the belt fixed it was just starting to break. Got that issue fixed and then the seals on the rack and pinion started to lea.k Dont know if the belt issue caused the leaking seals or not but that is getting fixed now. Hope to have the tune done this week so maybe this weekend be back on the street. I will hit you with a PM if I get it running this week and maybe we can meet up.

A-spec

Established Member
hey mrdavid. good guy you are, we had decent runs and yeah you couldnt hook worth a f*ck lol. i was also spinning 2nd through 3rd but still didnt matter. no matter what, your car is a beast! scary how thats a street car. glad that you took me for a ride in that monster. felt like your car did a wheelie cuz i couldnt even see the road when you punched it lol. my wife gots the vidz on her phone so i'll post it on if you or anyone would like to watch me get murdered. looks like you might have a little better of race now? but i know its gonna have take more than 590whp to be side to side with ya. good luck to whom ever runs mrdavid.

Last edited:

gnxs

Established Member
Must be nice even being able to go for runs at this time of year. Probably won't be able to get into this type of activity for another 2-3 months here. :nonono:

Wish I was closer, I'd be game for a little fun. Ironically, I raced nearly a clone of your car at the track in my Whipple Cobra. Very similar combo (Procharged 408 in his case), same color, even similar looking rims to your car. Both of us basically in street trim:

RIGHT CLICk, SAVE AS ONLY:
gnxs vs. macleod

:thumbsup:

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
A procharged 408 only trapping 129 is pretty weak. Your cobra moves out nicely.

And the rims on that TA look hideous to me.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Well, at least some action went down. Hopefully you can find a good TS or turbo Cobra race whenever you get back. Props to A-Spec for steppin up. It's all in fun. I race people that I know will murder me all the time. Doesn't make it any less fun to watch them take off, though. :D

gnxs

Established Member
A procharged 408 only trapping 129 is pretty weak. Your cobra moves out nicely.

And the rims on that TA look hideous to me.
Set up for complete street duty, full weight and then some. Stalled-auto trans cost him a few mph most likely too. I think he was actually almost as heavy as my Cobra for that race, which is hard to believe. My WS6 Formula was almost 300 pounds lighter than my Cobra. I'm sure he's a gotten faster with that car by now, as have I.

As for the rims, I agree with you 100%. Also, I wasn't trying to imply your rims were that ugly just that there were some common features to both of them.

Last edited:

A-spec

Established Member
well, at least some action went down. Hopefully you can find a good ts or turbo cobra race whenever you get back. Props to a-spec for steppin up. It's all in fun. I race people that i know will murder me all the time. Doesn't make it any less fun to watch them take off, though. :d

+1:-d

gnxs

Established Member
I agree. A procharged 408 f-body trapping 129 is very weak.
Besides some of the other similarities, the car I raced in that vid covered the first 1/8th mile in the same ET the OP said he ran with his car (see timeslip at end of vid), which I why I thought the video might be remotely relevant:

still on the ten bolt. best is a 6.90 in the 1/8th.

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
Too bad Digital or one of the compound guys aren't close enough to stomp that ass!

typical. run off crying to a big shot because you have nothing that will compete.

Besides some of the other similarities, the car I raced in that vid covered the first 1/8th mile in the same ET the OP said he ran with his car (see timeslip at end of vid), which I why I thought the video might be remotely relevant:

I'm a 6 speed with a 100% stock rearend. An Automatic with 9" rear and similar power should be able to take me in the 1/8th with ease. My trap was a good bit higher than his.

nycarpenter

Established Member
typical. run off crying to a big shot because you have nothing that will compete.

I'm a 6 speed with a 100% stock rearend. An Automatic with 9" rear and similar power should be able to take me in the 1/8th with ease. My trap was a good bit higher than his.

Will this crap EVER end......

Users who are viewing this thread