Any KB/Whipple Cobra's want to run?

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
We tried to get a good run but the road was kinda damp. I started out in 3rd at about 50 thinking it would bog it enough to hook fine. That only worked until the car got to 4500rpm's. Rear end started sliding to the left pretty quickly.

Tried a couple more times on the way back and had better results. I started in 3rd and ran it out each time for fear that I might not be able to control the car if it started spinning in 4th. A-spec's passenger has video.

Took him for a ride when we got back to the dyno shop and the car hooked fine from a 2nd gear roll....? Roads were pretty much completely dry on the local highway, but interstate was still wet. We had some fun.

I have to say, I honestly wasn't expecting to see a Hispanic guy getting out of a cobra LOL. Great to meet A-spec.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like the latinos are the only ones with balls to be down to run, all the rest must be scared! Lol....

nycarpenter

Established Member
We tried to get a good run but the road was kinda damp. I started out in 3rd at about 50 thinking it would bog it enough to hook fine. That only worked until the car got to 4500rpm's. Rear end started sliding to the left pretty quickly.

Tried a couple more times on the way back and had better results. I started in 3rd and ran it out each time for fear that I might not be able to control the car if it started spinning in 4th. A-spec's passenger has video.

Took him for a ride when we got back to the dyno shop and the car hooked fine from a 2nd gear roll....? Roads were pretty much completely dry on the local highway, but interstate was still wet. We had some fun.

I have to say, I honestly wasn't expecting to see a Hispanic guy getting out of a cobra LOL. Great to meet A-spec.

So a-spec had a passenger 200+ less at the wheels and a 50 mph roll start.. A-SPEC you are a brave soul :)

Last edited:

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
So a-spec had a passenger 200+ less at the wheels and a 50 mph roll start.. A-SPEC you are a brave soul :)

nah, we both had passengers. His g/f looked like she weighed 90lbs and my friend is about 180lbs. I told him to take the hit before we headed out, but he honked it off instead. Good guy. I'd have a beer with him any day.

93svt#981

Established Member

Was his car spinning as well? Can't wait to see the video! Glad y'all had fun and both are home safe to talk about it! :burnout:

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
I don't think he was spinning because he didn't go all over the road. With it being damp, if it would have started spinning, you a would have to lift to stop.

My passenger videoed with my droid x, and his had a real camera. I'm sure his videos are better than mine.

This was the first attempt where I almost lost it.
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11nmtSh53kI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/nomedia]

And the second, where you can still hear spinning at the top of 3rd.
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqNVrPRKa8E&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/nomedia]

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Glad you got to atleast get out and have some. Glad all went well and nothing unfortunate happened. Now get ready for the trip to the box and order all the updates you want lol. That's what I did. By the time I got home took me 3 weeks to get everything the way I wanted it. Once it was on the dyno all made it worth while on the trip home. Every time I drop the pedal I smile

nycarpenter

Established Member
so what happened for all of us with work filters?

Your not missing anything. Vid 1 MrDavid cracks them loose and vid ends
Vid 2 he manages to keep contact with the pavement and walks away fro A-Spec. The videos were very short and hardly worth watching......

Mrdavid

LS6 Fanboy
Established Member
I know they are short and uneventful. Its hard to feather a high hp car on a damp surface. If the with the blue cobra wants to run we can probably get a better video.

nycarpenter

Established Member
I know they are short and uneventful. Its hard to feather a high hp car on a damp surface. If the with the blue cobra wants to run we can probably get a better video.

Not knocking your driving ability I put over 600 to the wheels and traction can be hard to find even on dry pavement :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread