Any issues running in cold weather??

Slobanator

Established Member
My 03 cobra has been running phenomenonly well this summer.

Last few weeks here the temp has dropped down below 50 degrees, and last week we were at 40 and started noticing issues I've never had before. Spark blow outs and several hesitations in between shifts. Easy fix for both.. So hesitations happen shifting from 2nd to 3rd.. I'll do a pprv delete this winter or go return style fuel. I changed out my spark plugs to BR7EF last week, gapped them to .020..

Good highschool friend of mine calls me up and says let's go mess around.

It was 30ish degrees today.. When this happend... Kinda unexplainable. Thought I may have blown the fuel pump fuse but car starts right back up and drives like nothing happend. No knocks or any out of ordinary sounds from the car. 11.5 AFR WOT. 24psi boost. And at 17* timing.

[youtube_browser]yo9ZC9C2Xkc[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]MSxnqw0MTFY[/youtube_browser]

Video link incase it dosint work..
http://youtu.be/yo9ZC9C2Xkc

http://youtu.be/MSxnqw0MTFY

Any one run into this issue or know what may be going on?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember noticing quirky things happening right when the temperatures shifted from mild to cold. Especially when the engine was cold. Then after a couple of days the Cobra would run just fine. I only remember this happening going when the temperatures dropped radically, like around this time of year.

Slobanator

Established Member
Video should work now...

When i was driving home i went through a check list through my head what could've been wrong. All it came down to was Air and MAF. Nothings changed in the car except for spark plugs and only thing change otherwise has been air temp.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Traction, that seems to be my main problem when temps go below 50 degrees. Otherwise the car runs very strong and loves the cool weather!

DT_C03RA

Established Member
I found the below here in this post: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2nd-generation-22/491831-dtc-code-p1114.html Just what I found in a quick search. I know the original thread is for a Lightning, but should still be the same.

P1114 - Intake Air Temperature 2 Circuit Low Input Indicates the sensor signal is less than Self-Test minimum. The IAT2 sensor minimum is 0.2 volts. Grounded circuit in harness
Improper harness connection
Damaged sensor
Damaged PCM
Monitor IAT2 PID. Typical IAT2 temperature should be greater than IAT1. Refer to Section 6 : Reference Values for ranges.

I also found this: http://www.dtcsearch.com/P1114/

Last edited:

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
For anyone new, keep an eye on your maf counts in the cooler air.

THIS. Sometimes, I don't want to know, lol. I'm sure I had mine pegged last night (about 32-35 degrees).

Seriously though .... easy enough to check. Either download SCT LiveLink, or simply have a buddy sit shotgun with a X-cal while you do some "tests". 1023-1024 counts is MAX. Most pullied cobras I know of around here (1000' above sea level) in this weather will peg the meter anything around or below 32* or so.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
THIS. Sometimes, I don't want to know, lol. I'm sure I had mine pegged last night (about 32-35 degrees).

Seriously though .... easy enough to check. Either download SCT LiveLink, or simply have a buddy sit shotgun with a X-cal while you do some "tests". 1023-1024 counts is MAX. Most pullied cobras I know of around here (1000' above sea level) in this weather will peg the meter anything around or below 32* or so.

This is just another reason why a aeroforce interceptor gauge is worth every penny. I can easily monitor my maf counts by watching the gauge.

Slobanator

Established Member
Yea my tuner tuned me for what is best for what I have. I do have a diablo maf extender with several settings more to go, not goin to worry the settings since Its only this cold for a few days then it snows..

I'll have to look up the aeroforce interceptor gauge to see what it's all about !

Jroc

Established Member
No Terminators are not L's. Their motors are built with better parts(namely rod) and you can run them hard in cool weather without worrying about breaking them. At least as long as you're systems and tune are up to par. Also let the motor get up to temp.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
That is 100% FPDC (fuel pump duty cycle) and the rail pressure dropping below 27psi. Your pumps are maxed out.....be very careful bud, bad shit happens quick like that. The density alititude is well below sealevel right now outside. Sack up and buy the fuel system....

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Although the last datalog I had was in 50-60 degree weather and maf counts were 1021.

Not good bud. Max counts is 1024. It's pegged.

My car (power in signature) is stock air/fuel systems ... everything is at 97-99%. I'm done, and if my 9 year old pumps decide to poo on me, well you all know ..............

Users who are viewing this thread