Any interest in a Group Buy on a Killer Chiller?

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Just to clarify, this kit uses A/C splicer tees. The 05-09 uses mechanical connections for the tees. This kit is a lot easier to install because of that. You just splice into the hose and push the tee into place. Also these tees are better than OEM, and will never leak. The rest of the kit is all bolt on.

If you ever decide to remove the kit and go back to stock, then I can send you the straight A/C menders to replace the tees. The menders are about 15 bucks each.

- Joe

Doug1227

Established Member
Joe, what would you think about installing the KC on the same rail that my pump is mounted? I think it might have better clearance there and it will be right next to the pump and the a/c compressor is down there I believe as well. Here's a quick pic.

DSC_0596.jpg

It might be tight in front of the exchanger, plus I need to get on the other side to get to the a/c connections anyway, right?

DSC_0595.jpg

Doug1227

Established Member
The fittings in and out of the HX are pretty tight, so I'm thinking it might be easier to make the tie ins on the motor side instead of in front of the HX.

DSC_0597.jpg

Doug1227

Established Member
If I installed it on the rail that the pump is sitting on, and tied into the line coming out of the pump, it would essentially be installing it as I've shown below. Will this work? This may be different depending on which supercharger you have, but for the KB, this sketch is pretty much accurate with how it flows.

KCRouting.jpg

Doug1227

Established Member
Check out the link in the original post. It gives you an idea of how the system works and is installed. Let me know if you have other questions and we'll see if Joe can answer them.

Interested for my whippled 5.0. How tough is the install and where does it go lol?

Willie

Established Member
Doug,

Do you have a link on the Terminator and GT500 forums to this thread? Let's try to generate more interest by doing so. I would have never found this thread if I wouldn't have performed a search on "killer chiller" because I basically read only on the GT500 forum.

Willie

Doug1227

Established Member
I don't. The GB is for the S197 kits which are normally $799. I need to confirm with Joe that ANY S197 meets the requirements for the GB. The Termi kits are $699 I think. Hopefully he'll chime on tonight and let us know. If so, we'll pull some of the GT500 crew onto this GB to get us to our goal quicker!

Willie

Established Member
I don't. The GB is for the S197 kits which are normally $799. I need to confirm with Joe that ANY S197 meets the requirements for the GB. The Termi kits are $699 I think. Hopefully he'll chime on tonight and let us know. If so, we'll pull some of the GT500 crew onto this GB to get us to our goal quicker!

Yeah, you're right about the price. I didn't think about that. As for me, the price is $799 (GT500). Let's get this done! :beer: I am on the verge of picking this up but I guess I can wait a little longer.....

Willie

Doug1227

Established Member
I'm the same way! I'm ready NOW! But, I think we can get this together pretty quickly with just a few more folks.

Willie

Established Member
If you want me to, I can post a link to this over on Team Shelby's GT500 forum. Just let me know.

Willie

J.Kincaid

Established Member
If I installed it on the rail that the pump is sitting on, and tied into the line coming out of the pump, it would essentially be installing it as I've shown below. Will this work? This may be different depending on which supercharger you have, but for the KB, this sketch is pretty much accurate with how it flows.

KCRouting.jpg

The new gen-3 parallel kit comes with a very nice universal bracket. You can mount this unit in any configuration. You can mount this unit sideways, upside down, right side up, or vertical, giving you many mounting options. The GT500 guys usually mount them on top of the stock HE.

Note: Do not install KC core assy inside the engine bay, as this will reduce efficiency. Best mounting position is usually behind the bumper.
Be sure to plumb in the KC after the heat exchanger. BEST IC FLUID PATH:
IC reservoir > IC pump > Heat exchanger > KC > Intercooler.

- Joe

Just let me know payment details, etc. Thanks.

We accept all credit cards, and paypal too.

You're right, this kit will fit the GT500s, so if they want they can get in on this GB too.

- Joe

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Just a quick heads up. If you decide to take advantage of the GB, then please e-mail me your shipping info, screen name, and PH#. I'll contact you for the CC info within a day or two. Also, we don't charge your CC until the kit is ready to ship.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread