Any idea on what happened?

blacksvtcobra97

Established Member
I was driving down the street and came up to my left turn which had a green arrow so I started slowing down to make the turn then all of a sudden my car shut off no power brakes or anything causing me to coast through the intersection. It scared the shit out of me and thankfully nobody ws going through the intersection while I was coasting through it. Thanks for your input.

2003 Cobra totally stock with 6500 miles.

slowmoving1

Established Member
search the word "stall" you will find all kinds of info.
There is a revised tune for the issue.
I would just get the car tuned

03sm3341

Established Member
Welcome to owning a terminator. J/K My car does it alot and it sucks! Mines in my tune though i think. Being that your car has such low miles you may not have the fix done. Take it to a good ford dealer and see if its been updated.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I had it when mine was stock also.My tuner took care of it when i started modding my car.
Copied and pasted from CobraBob`s FAQ.
17-54-2 DRIVEABILITY - Stall Issue - Referred to as 'Lack of Power on Decel". SOME 2003 MUSTANG COBRA VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT DRIVABILITY CONCERNS INCLUDING LOSS OF POWER ON DECEL. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY THE CALIBRATION OF THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM). TO SERVICE, REPROGRAM THE PCM WITH THE LATEST CALIBRATION AVAILABLE USING WDS RELEASE B29.3 OR HIGHER.

CobraMac

Established Member
If you take it to the dealer they should re-flash it for you free of charge. They did that for a lot of people when this happened to them

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This does sound like the "stall issue", especially since you have the stock tune. A dealer should re-flash the PCM for you, but just be aware that they are not obligated to since it is a TSB and not a recall. There is often a time limitation on a TSB. Regardless, you should definitely get the re-flash done since this could very easily be a serious safety issue. Just imagine you depressing the clutch on an exit off ramp and have you car stall. You've already had one near disaster. You don't want it to happen again.

Man, you surely don't drive it very much. A 2003 with only 6,500 miles on it. That's less than 1K miles annually. Wow!

Users who are viewing this thread