Any Harley owners out there?

SHOdown220

Established Member
Best Harley family there is. Shame Harley killed for the ****ing Sloptails...

If you are looking for a simple lightweight big twin cruiser, a Low Rider or Street Bob. IF you want a better platform for touring on the Dyna or a great platform for handling mods, go FatBob. I owned a 2012 FatBob and loved it... for being a Harley.

If you REALLY want a the best modern Dyna built for RIDING, the you need to look for a 2016-2-17 Low Rider S. It will be harder to find but it is the ultimate Dyna in my opinion. I almost bought one, but the deal wasnt good for me.

Even had a CVO engine that wasnt called a CVO engine. Honestly.... in my opinion, this is the Apex Harley Dyna.

View attachment 1714385

Had the chance to buy a new one of these for 2500 under sticker back in 17 when the 18s rolled out. Wasn't in the market so I passed, wish I would have traded mine. These are selling for over new MSRP in a lot of markets now.

jaxbusa

Established Member
Some variant of the Dyna Glide family. The last model I could identify was the FXR. Since ‘01 Im completely out of touch with what’s what.

The local dealership has a 2015 Low Rider, in green, that looks perfect for me.

I love the look of the soft tail, but I like the ride of the Dyna’s better.

And that’s about where I’m at, so far, in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I would recommend sitting on every bike you can. A friend of mine loves his Heritage. You can’t beat cruise control, a windshield and bags. If you think you’ll have a passenger I would sit on a Road King. My first Harley was a Dyna Wide Glide. It was a sweet ride until I got on the highway and the wind beat me to death. I also found myself riding with a backpack to carry things. I traded in the Dyna a year later for an Electra Glide Classic. I’ve had the Electra Glide for 12 years now. I will say the the Dyna is a sexy motorcycle. Maybe you can find a place that’ll let you test ride a used bike or rent one for the weekend. Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

C2tuck

Established Member
Not mine, but my next Harley will be almost exactly like this one…

c7effc2a84a261bafe5dd64190c2721a.jpg

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I had but sold my Nightster. Damn I still love that bike and hated to sell but at the time I had no chance to get out and ride. Once things slow down I will pick up another.

As far as forums, nothing is like this place. Most forums feel like forums and social media sites. This place is like your favorite neighborhood bar.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

_Satch_

Established Member
I used to frequent Harley Tech Talk back when I was modding the motor on my 2001 Dyna Low Rider. Haven't been on there in years, but it was a great place for info back in '03-'10.
Satch

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Best Harley family there is. Shame Harley killed for the ****ing Sloptails...

If you are looking for a simple lightweight big twin cruiser, a Low Rider or Street Bob. IF you want a better platform for touring on the Dyna or a great platform for handling mods, go FatBob. I owned a 2012 FatBob and loved it... for being a Harley.

If you REALLY want a the best modern Dyna built for RIDING, the you need to look for a 2016-2-17 Low Rider S. It will be harder to find but it is the ultimate Dyna in my opinion. I almost bought one, but the deal wasnt good for me.

Even had a CVO engine that wasnt called a CVO engine. Honestly.... in my opinion, this is the Apex Harley Dyna.

View attachment 1714385

That would be my choice as well.

I need to restore my Dad's 87 Low Rider 10-Anniversary Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread