Any Guesses?

coolguy10786

Established Member
Well after months of waiting, I will finally be able to get the new combo out to the track! So far the weather for saturday is looking good and no signs of rain.

Old combo:
stock long block, full catless bassani exhaust, 4.30's, upr intake, and dynotune got me 13.07 @ 102.73 w/ 1.84 60ft.

New combo(power mods):
stock shortblock, Naz ported 01 c heads, Hitech spec'd custom comp cams, fr500 intake, American racing longtubes w/ o/r x, 4.30s, steeda aluminum lower control arms, and tuned by Don @ Lasota(work in progress.)

Anticipation is killing me! I'm hoping for an 11sec slip, but it might take some practice with the new combo. Will definitely post results on sat!

gt40lx

98slobraaaa
Established Member
hope u hit the 11s man that would be sick..Im trying to put toghther a 12 flat n/a motor now.. Good luck

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
sounds like that car has the right parts... bang those gears... Im sure youll be around 11's

coolguy10786

Established Member
Results

Well it was a great night! Only got my three qualifying runs in and didn't stay for the races since im still getting the bugs worked out. 1st run had no traction because of the cold ass tires and 2nd gear wasn't being very friendly. 2nd run had a good 60ft, but missed third BAD, which killed my run. Third and final was my best ET, but not as good 60ft. She definitely has 11s in her, especially once i get some race gas in her and a tune for it. Anyways heres the numbers:

1st run:
RT: .255
60: 1.992
1/8: 8.531 @84.14
1/4: 13.087 @ 110.79 -right at my personal best of the old combo

2nd run:
RT: .371
60: 1.758
1/8: 8.693 @71.53 -thought i stripped 3rd gear
1/4: 13.7@ 100.85

3rd run:
RT: .268
60: 1.808
1/8: 8.188 @85.91
1/4: 12.692 @ 109.99

June 25 is test n tune, which will give my time to get a wideband so i can finalize the tune and get a tune with some race gas in there. Also hope to get a Meizer by then, but we will see. I also think i have a slight vaccum leak, which i hope i do because once i fix it, that will the performance more.

:banana:

edit- Also i hope to get a 4.56 gear in as well, but it probably won't happen before the next test and tune.

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Congrats those are nice times. Did you stop cause you wanted to or were they closing the track down. I would have hated to stop after 3 runs! Congrats though.

Al

Nazman

Established Member
Not too bad. 110MPH is good but there is more. I can see that combo trapping close to 115MPH.

What was your shift RPM? Shift her as close to 7500 as you can!

Launcher at 6000, shift her as close to 7500 as you can and you will be reward it.

Also, skinies up-front are worth close to .2ths and 1.5MPH. That car's combo should run 11's no questions asked.

Give her hell Jeremy!!!:rockon:

Naz

coolguy10786

Established Member
Congrats those are nice times. Did you stop cause you wanted to or were they closing the track down. I would have hated to stop after 3 runs! Congrats though.

Al

Well they had been having some problems. One car blew a motor and spilt oil down half the track, which delayed things about 45mins, then a crash, and it was getting late. Promised the g/f i would see her after being gone for a week so i took off.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Not too bad. 110MPH is good but there is more. I can see that combo trapping close to 115MPH.

What was your shift RPM? Shift her as close to 7500 as you can!

Launcher at 6000, shift her as close to 7500 as you can and you will be reward it.

Also, skinies up-front are worth close to .2ths and 1.5MPH. That car's combo should run 11's no questions asked.

Give her hell Jeremy!!!:rockon:

Naz

Thanks Carlos!

According to the stock tachometer i was shifting at 7500rpm or close to it. I will be ordering a shift light since i know the stock one is off by a couple hundred rpm.

Launch rpm was about 5500rpm or so, but wasn't dumping the clutch due to traction. I'm going to beef up the diff and axles when i get the 4.56 in and hopefully get some slicks behind it.

Will definitely get the 11sec slip by the end of the season:rockon:

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
26x10.5x16 et streets, but after watching the video of the 12sec run, i spun all of 1st and part of 2nd. So i think i will be ordering some bigger tires and some 15in rims.

You really shouldn't have problems hooking up with that size tire. If you go out on the same tire again, try lowering the tire pressure more. I have done 6000rpm launches on spray and hooked with a tire of similar size.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
You don't need a bigger tire. Keep the 26's and get a 15" rim. That car is screaming for more gear. What was the tire pressure? Judging by the 60ft's I think the next place to focus on is the suspension. If you spun with ET streets and only 4.30's that tells me you didn't have weight transfer...that or the track was gone. -Mark

coolguy10786

Established Member
You don't need a bigger tire. Keep the 26's and get a 15" rim. That car is screaming for more gear. What was the tire pressure? Judging by the 60ft's I think the next place to focus on is the suspension. If you spun with ET streets and only 4.30's that tells me you didn't have weight transfer...that or the track was gone. -Mark

Tire pressure was at about 16psi and the tires had cooled down quite a bit from the second run to the third. Had a few wrecks which slowed things down.

What can i do to help with the weight transfer? So far i only have steeda lower aluminum control arms for the rear and coil overs up front. I do have the strange 10 way adjustable struts/shocks all the way around.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
Tire pressure was at about 16psi and the tires had cooled down quite a bit from the second run to the third. Had a few wrecks which slowed things down.

What can i do to help with the weight transfer? So far i only have steeda lower aluminum control arms for the rear and coil overs up front. I do have the strange 10 way adjustable struts/shocks all the way around.

try them at 13psi, that is what i run mine at and i have gotten 1.62 60' on a stock motor with bolt-ons, stock control arms, eibach drag springs, and tubular front suspension.. just play with the tire pressure and lower it slowly until you hook. And heat them up really well the first pass.

Users who are viewing this thread