any former c6 owners here?

346CamaroSS

Established Member
maybe vette &cobra, how about stop modding the vette and use the money to buy another cobra, you can find a beaten on one for around 13K

horrible idea.

OP you don't think you'll need a clutch after H/C/I/exhaust set up??
I say cam it, full exhaust and enjoy it. Cammed LS3s put down like 480rwhp+

Not to mention.. As much as I do love hearing the blower whine, theres something about a nasty loping cam that I miss.

Last edited:

Arboc_tvs

Established Member
As stated and restated several times, Corvettes are more expensive than Cobras; which is why I have a Cobra. That being said, I'll be damned if that isn't one sexy cardumpling you have there. Enjoy it!

Qwk GT

Established Member
Never driven one, but definatley a fan of c6's.

I know I've seen a few people's sigs where they had a cobra, then switched to a vette, don't think I've seen it the other way.

Unless they have both, which would be nice.

CobraKid04

Established Member
horrible idea.

OP you don't think you'll need a clutch after H/C/I/exhaust set up??
I say cam it, full exhaust and enjoy it. Cammed LS3s put down like 480rwhp+

Not to mention.. As much as I do love hearing the blower whine, theres something about a nasty loping cam that I miss.

all 2008+ vettes have the Ls7 clutch, which is rated at 500-550rwtq. Ill make around 440rwtq at peak, no instant tq like a blower. So plenty of clutch life. Plus I don't go to the track at all.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
About a year after I sold my '03 Cobra my son-in-law bought an '06 Z06. When I drove it I was very impressed with the handling, ride and transmission. It was a "sophisticated bad boy". But I was left preferring my old Terminator. My brutish, knock you back into your seat via all that torque down low (506/494) Terminator. So at that time if I had to choose having my Terminator back or owning that Z06, my choice would have been the Terminator. Fast forward to today with more seat time in the Z06, I'd be hard pressed to not take that Grand Sport. THAT is one gorgeous Vette!

Users who are viewing this thread