any experience with the mbrp cat back?

14ksstang

Established Member
I'm thinking about ordering the mbrp cat back for my 15. I've got stainless work cat less long tubes on the way and trying to decide what I should bolt on behind them. What do you think of the sound and the quality of the product? Not a huge fan of the h pipe but can deal with it. Thinking of ordering this week begging of next week if I decide on this setup.

RSKtakR

Established Member
subd for the same info as I am thinking about the MBRP installer series race cat back for $569 shipped.

14ksstang

Established Member
I've only seen 2 videos on it. One video it was horrible raspy. It was a bad quality video so I wrote it off at to that. Then I seen another video and it sounded awesome. His was just the cat back. Mine will be with headers though. I've been debating it enough I actually been thinking of activating the credit card for them lol.

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
I have one on order and went with the stainless race cat back. My friend and tuner recommended it and said it sounds great on the 11-14's so i figured id give it a shot.

14ksstang

Established Member
Yea the 15's have a slightly different tone in my opinion. I could just be weird and going deaf though. I already have a feeling it's going to puss off the neighbor hood but then again that's not a bad thing lol.

RSKtakR

Established Member
Yea the 15's have a slightly different tone in my opinion. I could just be weird and going deaf though. I already have a feeling it's going to puss off the neighbor hood but then again that's not a bad thing lol.[/QUOTE]

This is kinda what I was thinking if I go ahead and get one lol.. Can anyone post the videos they have come across of the MBRP exhausts? I've looked around but have yet to find any. I worry that if I get the kit I mentioned earlier that is a cat back kit, that it wont work if I get the JBA shorty headers and o/r or catted pipes OR LT's, and if it will work with either of these that THEN it will sound like total dogshit and be way to loud. ? I originally wanted Roush mufflers again but $549 for a set PLUS the $300 for a suitcase delete kit, I might as well just buy the MBRP kit for $569.

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Established Member
This is what some pipes and 2 mufflers should cost....1500 dollars for a cat back is ridiculous imo. Even 800 is reasonable.

ya I agree.. $550 for a pair of friggen MUFFLERS is also ridiculous.. its not like Roush mufflers for the 2015's are any different from the ones I bought brand new for $250 for my 2011 GT except for the hanger location and how they connect to the factory pipe.. actually, the 2015 Roush mufflers have one less hanger, and less work into the pipe since there is no knuckle fitting or anything... yet they cost $550 now.

RSKtakR

Established Member
The only video I could find on the race kit from CJ was for 11-14, no 2015. If you come across it, post it.

bpmurr

Established Member
I'm thinking about buying the Street version in SS.

chevpwr

Established Member
I was thnking about getting the SS Street version but I doubt it would work with the bracing under my vert. I guess I could just remove it but I would think it is there for a reason :(

3gx8sE.jpg

TlnAr6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread