any experience with the mbrp cat back?

14ksstang

Established Member
I'll order mine thursday. I already received my stainless works long tubes with off road leads last Wednesday and will be receiving my cai x4 and tune hopefully this Wednesday then the cat back the following wednesday. Hoping to install it all on the 27th.

RSKtakR

Established Member
If you plan to get the race kit, everyone has it for $569 shipped, I found a shop that will sell the race kit for $485 shipped and then I just have whomever price match it so I get the same cheaper price from a shop I have always felt with.

14ksstang

Established Member
I'll end up order from Terry most likely everything else has come from him and he has been pretty good about pricing. Only thing i haven't gotten from him has been the mgw shifter.

14ksstang

Established Member
If you plan to get the race kit, everyone has it for $569 shipped, I found a shop that will sell the race kit for $485 shipped and then I just have whomever price match it so I get the same cheaper price from a shop I have always felt with.

I'm just wishing the black muffler and tip set wasn't 100 dollars more since that's what I was wanting.

RSKtakR

Established Member
Well I just finished installing my race system and all I can say is DAMN now THAT is how a Mustang should sound!! I haven't been able to take it out and row through the gears yet because we are under a winter storm warning tonight and tomorrow so I just got to let it idle and rev a little. .but WELL worth the $485 spent!

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
I have the stainless race system on my auto. Drones pretty bad between 1000-1500 rpm. It's definitely more noticeable with the auto since it shifts at a lower rpm than you would in a manual and it keeps it in that drone range more often. If i run the car in sport mode it's not near as bad. I'm actually going to add a pair of their R1013 resonators in the h-pipe piece and see if it helps a bit.

14ksstang

Established Member
Mine should be here Tuesday. I went all out and have stainless works long tube with off road leads. Just waiting for nicer weather to do the install.

14ksstang

Established Member
:)

let me know how you like it!

Will do. Im hoping to get some sound clips of it when its done. Ive ft to find a 90 degree fitting for the cai though. The one with the rubber hose broke off during shipping. Just need to run to the hardware store.

RSKtakR

Established Member
IMG_3288.JPGIMG_3289.JPGIMG_3290.JPGIMG_3291.JPG

Mine has that drone too, but I can deal with it.

I just ordered the aluminized version, and then I painted all three pieces with 2000 deg high temp matt aluminum paint, left the tips chrome for now, but MIGHT do them black later... it looks pretty damn good I think.

Last edited:

smittybat

Established Member

I found a sweet deal for mbrp from these guys for my 2014 a few weeks ago, picked up an h pipe and catback. They don't ship fast but they were by far the best price out there. They've got the 2015 versions too.
performancetruckproducts.com (they do have mustang exhaust despite the name)
Use code mbrp15 for 15%off plus free shipping

RSKtakR

Established Member
That's where I found the cheap price of $485 shipped for the race kit at and then I had stage3 match the price for me.

14ksstang

Established Member
I got great pricing from beefcake. Will be here tomorrow getting excited. Now I just need nice weather to install all the new goodies.

Users who are viewing this thread