Any dyno #'s yet from BA-Bolt's (Billetflow) blower inlet & T.B.?

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by Jerryk
Have you seen the PHP inlet? Its a tac welded elbow? This one will be cast and colored to look exactly like our existing elbows?
Let me ask you the same question? I HAVE seen the PHP in person and it isn't tac welded :rollseyes They are some of the finest (machine done) looking welds I have ever seen on anything!!! The PHP inlet also is powder coated and it matches the blower and the factory inlet exactly!! The PHP product is a VERY high quality piece, don't knock it unless you have actually seen it in person. The new BilletFlow pieces look GREAT also, I would like to see a dyno comparison between the two. Jim V. what about it? :read: :thumbsup:

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Ok, I havne't seen it in person, saw it via pics. In the pics it doesn't match the blower exactly but thats my opinon. Material makeup of the inlet and the look of the TB on this setup looks better and in my mind justifies any price difference. . Lets see the dyno pulls.. Anyone else having problems with idling down w/ the PHP setup? I heard it took approx 7 seconds after the car was stopped for the idle to drop from 1400rpm to idle. Spoke w/ Doug and they aren't having that problem, he said they saw theirs hang 100rpm over idle and only for a couple of seconds..

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by Jerryk
Ok, I havne't seen it in person, saw it via pics. In the pics it doesn't match the blower exactly but thats my opinon. Material makeup of the inlet and the look of the TB on this setup looks better and in my mind justifies any price difference. . Lets see the dyno pulls.. Anyone else having problems with idling down w/ the PHP setup? I heard it took approx 7 seconds after the car was stopped for the idle to drop from 1400rpm to idle. Spoke w/ Doug and they aren't having that problem, he said they saw theirs hang 100rpm over idle and only for a couple of seconds..

What are the issues that effect how long it takes for these engines to idle down? My stock throttle setup seems to vary with regards to idle down rate; sometimes it seems to hang around 1000 RPM for a few seconds before it drops to idle.

Thanks,
Mike

A's Cobra

Established Member
Dougwg:
did you consider building a part similar to the one in the pic below? Is it feasable? Are there any thoeretical advantages to a dual feed type system?
Thanks

dougwg

Established Member
The only advantage that I can see is we would double the production of throttle bodies and double the price:p

ohhh I'm sorry ...you meant advantage in HP.....I don't know, :shrug: but in an 03 Cobra Application I would think the advantage over our TB & Adapter design would be negligible

FYI: That pic was of the 1997 Ford Super Stallion Mustang and it was a flexible fuel vehicle and could run on gasoline, ethanol, or a combination of them both, and was capable of 590 horsepower. I guess the car was made over at Danou in Allen Park MI which is about 1 1/2miles away from our shop.:coolman:

Although... """WORD HAS IT: During testing of SuperStallion by a major magazine - the Garrett Super Charger was in fact a NON functional unit...the magazine never found out."""

Last edited:

Lomancobra

Established Member
I think those TB look much better than PHP's, but when you guys are comparing price it seems like your forgeting something. PHP's TB includes the matching S/C intake for that price. Unless im wrong, it seems like for Billet flow's similar price you are only getting the TB. That means you'll still have a S/C upper intake that is designed for the stock TB. Seems like if you buy PHP's your killing two birds with one $900 stone. Please correct me if im wrong.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Jevans74
Billet's has the TB and Plenum just like PHP's.

Oh, I was just wondering because the only picture of the plenum on the website is on the prototype. The pictures of the TB on the car look to have the stock plenum. Also the info on the site makes no mention to the plenum being included. They talk about an adapter, but I assumed that the "adapter" was a piece that connects the TB to the plenum.
Little help doug? :shrug:

jtfx6552

Established Member
A single blade TB will not bolt up to the stock adapter, at least without being so hogged out it would be unrecognizable.

Thats why they have to come as a combo. The flate blade TB would hit the "post" in the middle of the sock inlet tube when it started to open.

JT

Jevans74

Established Member
Hey Doug, when are these things going to ship? I already have my order placed with you and just waiting for the powder coating on the adapters.

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by Lomancobra
The pictures of the TB on the car look to have the stock plenum. Also the info on the site makes no mention to the plenum being included. They talk about an adapter, but I assumed that the "adapter" was a piece that connects the TB to the plenum.
Little help doug? :shrug:

Looks like stock he says...... hehe........

Look a bit closer .....hehe.....

Stock cast look is what we were going for....I guess we got it:)

Btw Thanks for the compliment!!

Ok next:
Adapter, Plenum.... what ever you want to call it......we got it, and it comes with the TB

"but I assumed that the "adapter" was a piece that connects the TB to the plenum. "

Nope, There are 3 pieces....the Throttle Body the Adapter(plenum) and the supercharger. and thats it

"The new BilletFlow™ Billet Throttle Body and
Super Charger Adapter "

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by Jevans74
Hey Doug, when are these things going to ship? I already have my order placed with you and just waiting for the powder coating on the adapters.

you did???

I don't recall an E-mail from "Jevans74"

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
and this is a pic of the prototype........ the only pic I have of the actual Production Cast Adapter is the one installed on Mike's car

geeeez.... you guys want DYNO graphs, powdercoating, more HP, cheap.......AND PICTURES!!!:lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Jevans74

Established Member
My email isn't jevans74 so you wouldn't be able to tell who I am from these boards. I did place my order with you tonight though via pay pal. Can't wait to bolt this puppy on and get it dyno'd. BTW wasn't someone at JDM suppose to dyno this thing today?

docs03

Established Member
Dyno numbers??

Has this piece been dynoed yet? Stock or modified car?

Heard that one of the local speedshops in my area got very little gains on a modded car.

Alot of money to spend if the performance gain is small.

What is this piece supposed to give you in terms of horsepower gain?

Something to think about........

doc raj

Users who are viewing this thread