Any disadvantage to deleting PCV?

Ukfox89

Established Member
its a hose that goes into the bottom of your intake. woul dprobably have to take the blower and manifold out to get to it. i have both mine vented to atmosphere and just run the big 3/8 evap line and that hose from under the intake into the back of my blower. and im running 18lbs of boost with 2 breathers and i dont have any mess as of yet.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Without a source for a vacuum how will blow-by be purged from the crankcase?
If you run a catch can with a hose running to your exhaust with a "one way" check valve, this will produce vacuum to help expel any excess blow by in the crankcase.

101blur

Established Member
It's all or nothing. Venting one side allows unmetered air into the combustion cycle. Venting both sides is fine, assuming you plug the PCV port on the back side of the blower and plug the PCV port on the bottom of the lower manifold.

good to know.. I thought the rear PCV valve only went into the blower.. did not know it had a line that went under the blower.. can this be plugged..?

Sagittaria

Established Member
As others mentioned, the PCV just flows air through the motor. Into the motor on the passenger side, out on the driver side through the PCV valve into the back of the blower (also Ts off into the lower intake). You have to cap the T, the blower, and the intake to not allow massive vacuum leaks.

I also opted for the "remote breather" setup after just running breathers kept seeping oil/gunk all over my valve covers. Wish I have a better picture.

20120324_174607.jpg

Two cut out PCV valves, 3/8 hose, a 3/8 T, some vacuum caps, and a moroso catch can. Simple, easy to remove, and cheap.

Pros
No oil in your intake/intercooler/ANYWHERE in or on your motor.

Cons
Have to empty out the can
Revert back PCV setup when inspection rolls around

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
Last edited:

Nosdog2

Hi my name is...
Established Member
What is everyone using for the fitting at the valve cover? Just a press in? I would like to do an alluminum fitting in there but do people just put them in the grommet?

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I run the small apc filters from advance auto.. They seem to fit well, but as jimmy said it's a mess.

IMG_0199.jpg

spp114

Established Member
What type of hose are you using? Is it just plain oil safe rubber hose or any type of special vacuum hose?

Users who are viewing this thread