Any Compound Boost guys w/ track numbers?

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Hey guys,
I know that compound boost is pretty rare but there are a few on the site I have seen over the years. I don't think I have ever heard any track numbers or details from anyone drag racing them though. :shrug:

Everyone knows these combination can make crazy power on our cars just curious to see if the owners have tried running them at the track and what was the outcome of said race.

Searching gave me alot of info on the compound cars on here but nothing about track times. Thanks Everyone

fastmustang70

Established Member
i have a single percesion 76mm gts with a compound set up best pass at the track was a 9.62 at 146 car wieght with me in was 3750 full weigth car a/c power seats and all no cage complete street car that was on slicks thoe with a 6 speed

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
i have a single percesion 76mm gts with a compound set up best pass at the track was a 9.62 at 146 car wieght with me in was 3750 full weigth car a/c power seats and all no cage complete street car that was on slicks thoe with a 6 speed

Do you have any recent videos or more details about your car?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
WOW!!

I don't know if this one is but, I think an E85 capable compound has got to be one of the coolest bad ass versions of these cars going.

The ultimate in flexibility and raw usable power.:rockon::beer:

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Nice! What's the rest of the set-up? What blower do you have?

Last edited:

fastmustang70

Established Member
Car has a stock pullied eaton ported by posi perfromance before his porting the car only went as fast is a 9.79 @ 140 with the porting the car went 9.63 at 146 i ran out of time to go back to the car i think will go 9.5 or 9.40s with more dialing in at the track little video of the car lauching I cant find a single turbo compound boost car that is turly full weight running as fast as i am

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lOxesyIuxk"]YouTube - compound boost 60ft 055.AVI[/nomedia]

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Car has a stock pullied eaton ported by posi perfromance before his porting the car only went as fast is a 9.79 @ 140 with the porting the car went 9.63 at 146 i ran out of time to go back to the car i think will go 9.5 or 9.40s with more dialing in at the track little video of the car lauching I cant find a single turbo compound boost car that is turly full weight running as fast as i am

YouTube - compound boost 60ft 055.AVI

Your car is freaking awesome.....

I think I have told you before but basically the exact same setup and your car just blows my mind with such a simple setup

Teej281

Established Member
Is that a 2v car?! looks like a 99-01 GT. 4v swap? And pics of said engine setup? Interested to see how you ran the piping.

fastmustang70

Established Member
Thanks blk4oogt heres a video of the car on the dyno that every one was so worried about that it didnt make enought power when i had it posted in the blower bistro on the dyno but its a mustang dyno and its not about the dyno number more about the track et that doesnt lie about horsepower there are no cams in my car either motor is stock besides dimond pitons 020 over installedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuzlplKRL-Q

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Yeah I remember reading through your thread many times and a couple people were giving you hell about the numbers. Clearly based on your track times the dyno number don't matter.

Did you have it re dynoed after the port or is that the video you just posted?

I'm amazed you can run that fast on a pretty stock t56

Spade

Established Member
Fast, those numbers you just posted are they from a mustang dyno also?

Last edited:

fastmustang70

Established Member
no didnt have it re dyno my tuner just added more fuel up top to cover it car took about 10% more fuel from 3000 up to get the wide band in the car to be at 11.8 so it most likely pick up about a 100hp we firgue since the mph of the car picked up so much am thinking of fabing on maybe a 88mm turbo and trying to get the car as full weight bottom nines or even a low considering that the car is so heavy. the key to the 6speed is n2mb racing wot box that lets you have the 2step and the no lift shifting cause it kills the ingintion for mmsecs when you shift its like your shifting a auto with a clutch so easly well worth the money

Users who are viewing this thread